Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Otto Porter is now a Bull

Allot of you are fortunate that you only have to deal with one reinsdorf owned team

Otto looks like a damn fine player and a good fit for the team. Hes just overpaid by about 10 million - but as i said money isn't that important to us right now and potentially by the time it will be, Porter will be coming off the books.

I'll give them Kudos for this move. I just hope they don't start winning games - We need Zion or Morant. I'll have to reassess this as a bad move if it screws up our draft position.

Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Otto looks like a damn fine player and a good fit for the team. Hes just overpaid by about 10 million - but as i said money isn't that important to us right now and potentially by the time it will be, Porter will be coming off the books.

I'll give them Kudos for this move. I just hope they don't start winning games - We need Zion or Morant. I'll have to reassess this as a bad move if it screws up our draft position.
    Yes he does. I was stuck listening to the radio on the way home from work, Wennington was awesome saying "It only took them six and a half minutes to get Porter his first shot"

If thats not calling this team selfish I dont know what is. If Lavine just starts looking to pass when he drives to the rim and three guys go to him, it could be special.
    109 years since the last back to back world titles

Quote Originally Posted by anotheridiot View Post
    Yes he does. I was stuck listening to the radio on the way home from work, Wennington was awesome saying "It only took them six and a half minutes to get Porter his first shot"

If thats not calling this team selfish I dont know what is. If Lavine just starts looking to pass when he drives to the rim and three guys go to him, it could be special.
    That's called a pipe dream. LaTool is not looking to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by bamainatlanta View Post
    That's called a pipe dream. LaTool is not looking to pass.
    It always looks that way but I really believe that this team has some talent. I think a "real" NBA coach could do some things. The guy they have in there now is simply a placeholder....this is the most poorly coached team in the league. Watch their offensive sets....90% of their plays are clearouts for a 1 on 1. It's just awful basketball. Defense is even worse. Do I blame Boylen? No, he is what he is....it's the people who gave him the position.

Porter balances the roster out nicely. Before the trade we had nobody on the roster to play the 3. Now we just need to find an upgrade at the PG position, and then I think we will have a young, promising starting 5. Certainly could use an upgrade at head coach, but I’m not holding out any hope for that. I’m also a bit surprised at all the lavine bashing

I am so glad we can watch portis as the thug he is now and not have to like him anymore.
    109 years since the last back to back world titles

Silicon Valley CA Bears H RacerX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knoxville7 View Post
    Porter balances the roster out nicely. Before the trade we had nobody on the roster to play the 3. Now we just need to find an upgrade at the PG position, and then I think we will have a young, promising starting 5. Certainly could use an upgrade at head coach, but I’m not holding out any hope for that. I’m also a bit surprised at all the lavine bashing
    Ehh, interesting take. Can you name one NBA team that would willingly trade it's starting 5 for that of the Bulls?

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
    Ehh, interesting take. Can you name one NBA team that would willingly trade it's starting 5 for that of the Bulls?
    Absolutely can. The main point is the potential this group has. Markannen has been showing what his potential is of late. Nobody can keep lavine from getting to the rim. Otto has the capability to be at the top of the league in 3p shooting. Carter has barely scratched the surface of what his potential is at age 19. This stuff doesn’t happen over night ya know? Give this team a chance to grow together. They haven’t even played together really yet. If they find these young kids a real point guard this offseason, I think they have a real chance to make some strides of improvement.

Teams who would trade starting 5’s in my opinion
    Memphis
    NO once AD is gone
    Minnesota
    Sacramento
    LA clippers
    NY
    Cleveland
    Atlanta
    Orlando
    Washington
    Detroit
    Miami
    Charlotte
    Brooklyn
    Indiana

That’s about half the league that I think would swap starting 5’s for one reason or another. Talent, financial reasons, etc

No.
    Even the Hawks have more promise than this team.

Absolutely can. The main point is the potential this group has. Markannen has been showing what his potential is of late. Nobody can keep lavine from getting to the rim. Otto has the capability to be at the top of the league in 3p shooting. Carter has barely scratched the surface of what his potential is at age 19. This stuff doesn’t happen over night ya know? Give this team a chance to grow together. They haven’t even played together really yet. If they find these young kids a real point guard this offseason, I think they have a real chance to make some strides of improvement.

Teams who would trade starting 5’s in my opinion
    Memphis
    NO once AD is gone
    Minnesota
    Sacramento
    LA clippers
    NY
    Cleveland
    Atlanta
    Orlando
    Washington
    Detroit
    Miami
    Charlotte
    Brooklyn
    Indiana

That’s about half the league that I think would swap starting 5’s for one reason or another. Talent, financial reasons, etc
    I see, extreme homerism with a sprinkle of head buried in sand.

Guess what? The other 29 teams in the Association also have young players with potential, and the reason the Bulls suck is because they lack talent and athleticism, not because of their youth.

Just no, it’s a garbage roster that no GM would willingly accept.

Guess what? The other 29 teams in the Association also have young players with potential, and the reason the Bulls suck is because they lack talent and athleticism, not because of their youth.

Ha anyone that remembers me from previous years on here know I’m no homer. The bulls don’t lack talent and athleticism. You’re telling me that lavine and markannen lack athleticism??? You’re crazy if you think that. What the bulls lack is experience, defense, and coaching. Sure, other teams have good young talent as well. Tell me why Memphis would rather have their roster than the bulls for example. You scream homerism and tell me I’m wrong, but don’t take the time to give examples of why some of those teams would rather have their rosters over ours. Like I also said before, some of those teams I listed may have more talent, but are in financial hell while being a middling playoff team with no realistic way of improving what they have currently.

Ha anyone that remembers me from previous years on here know I’m no homer. The bulls don’t lack talent and athleticism. You’re telling me that lavine and markannen lack athleticism??? You’re crazy if you think that. What the bulls lack is experience, defense, and coaching. Sure, other teams have good young talent as well. Tell me why Memphis would rather have their roster than the bulls for example. You scream homerism and tell me I’m wrong, but don’t take the time to give examples of why some of those teams would rather have their rosters over ours. Like I also said before, some of those teams I listed may have more talent, but are in financial hell while being a middling playoff team with no realistic way of improving what they have currently.
    LaVine is a bad player on a bad team that puts up fools gold garbage stats.

Because why? I see a guy that can do things that are coveted skills in the nba. There’s pretty much no single defender that can keep him from getting to the rim whenever he wants to. Does he have holes in his game? Of course...he’s still just 23 years old, though. If he has the right work ethic, in the right environment(which is debatable), then he has the potential to be an all star. Again, it doesn’t happen overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by anotheridiot View Post
    I am so glad we can watch portis as the thug he is now and not have to like him anymore.
    Totally not racist Dotard dog whistling.
    Omeletpants who is Human Garbage
    The networks are hellbound to normalize race mixing

You are responding to a returning poster who is totally not a meatball homer retard.
    Omeletpants who is Human Garbage
    The networks are hellbound to normalize race mixing

No.
    Even the Hawks have more promise than this team.
    So you would rather have trae young and John Collins than lavine and markannen?? I wouldn’t

So you would rather have trae young and John Collins than lavine and markannen?? I wouldn’t
    Yes. Markenan is solid, and no he's not a star, but a definite starter. LaVine is just an offense killer

Yes. Markenan is solid, and no he's not a star, but a definite starter. LaVine is just an offense killer
    But you think trae young has more potential than markannen?? That’s crazy talk. I ask since I’m assuming you think young has the highest upside on the hawks roster

Nah, not gonna try to convince you otherwise. The market spoke when it comes to Lavine, zero FA action for him other than Sac and GarPax. In other words, only losing idiot franchises have to settle for the league scraps.

Lavine is one of the worst defenders in the NBA, has been injured, and is a volume scorer. No one gives a shit that he can get to the rim, that's hardly the measure of a star player in and of itself.

Nah, not gonna try to convince you otherwise. The market spoke when it comes to Lavine, zero FA action for him other than Sac and GarPax. In other words, only losing idiot franchises have to settle for the league scraps.

Lavine is one of the worst defenders in the NBA, has been injured, and is a volume scorer. No one gives a shit that he can get to the rim, that's hardly the measure of a star player in and of itself.
    The market for lavine was impacted by being a rfa and commanding a contract few teams had the cap room to afford at that time. You act like no teams want the guy, when that’s not the case. I never said he is a star player. You are saying that because he isn’t a star player that he must suck, as if there’s nothing in between. I said he has his shortcomings that he needs to work on. And yes, people do give a shit he can get to the rim. That’s how you get fouled and get easy points at the line when an offense is struggling....it does have value. He is also a solid 3p shooter, which years ago everyone was bitching and begging for. Now we have a little bit, and people still bitch. Finding guys that can hit 3’s AND play defense at a high level are extremely rare. It’s about building a roster that complements each other’s deficiencies. If lavine can improve just a little bit in his weak areas, he will be a very good nba player for the next 10 years or so in the league. Just because he won’t be winning mvps doesn’t mean he is garbage

I didn't say he sucked, but I'm saying this: on a quality/competitive team he is coming off the bench and playing maybe 15-20 minutes per night, and is a scoring role player on the second unit. That's it, that's where he should be slotted.

No one outside this MB believes he is a building block.

Competing for a title requires at least 2-3 legit all-stars to build around. The Bulls have none. The only one with potential to grow into one is LM.

Dunn is hot garbage as a starter, and Carter will be a nice/solid role player, perhaps even a decent starter - but not a franchise building block. This team is not even at Square One, they don't have talent, coaching, nor the FO to contend.

P.S. - as I said before, I do like the Porter trade.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast