Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Otto Porter is now a Bull

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GS: Curry, Durant, Thompson
    76ers: Embiid, Simmons, Butler/Harris

Above are of partial rosters of title contending teams. You tell me whether LM cracks the top-3 on either team.
    Neither team has a solid 4 so of course he would fit on the team, I mean, it still takes 5 to be on the court at a time no?
    109 years since the last back to back world titles

Silicon Valley CA Bears H RacerX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knoxville7 View Post
    Way to look at things strictly through the lens of 2019. Iím talking about the potential he has. Comparing a developing player to guys that have been in the league for years and are fully developed makes zero sense.
    Other players also develop, not only ours. Simmons, Embiid, Harris are all going to get better. And on no planet will LM ever develop to the level of Curry/Durant/Thompson, so my point stands.

Quote Originally Posted by anotheridiot View Post
    Neither team has a solid 4 so of course he would fit on the team, I mean, it still takes 5 to be on the court at a time no?
    Sure, but that has nothing to do with the underlying conversation, which is we need 3 players better than LM to contend for a title.

All-Star

I wouldn't say you need 3 guys better than LM but maybe 2 guys if not 1 legit go to option and a #2 option who is on the same level as LM. That's why the bulls need the top pick and Zion and I wouldn't mind trying to trade for D. Smith Jr. if the Knicks sign Kyrie.

Think of the Bulls' run, and that of GS.

LM is not in the same orbit (and never will be) as Pippen and Durant.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I don’t really get all the Lauri negativity. He’s 21 years old and should only get better for years to come. Hell, his 2nd year numbers are close to Dirk’s 2nd year numbers. Dirk was also 21 in his 2nd year.
    @RobMVP1
    Hidden Content

All-Star

Think of the Bulls' run, and that of GS.

LM is not in the same orbit (and never will be) as Pippen and Durant.
    Is LM the type of big that Lebron would like to play with due to his 3 point shooting?

Quote Originally Posted by RoseMVP1 View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I don’t really get all the Lauri negativity. He’s 21 years old and should only get better for years to come. Hell, his 2nd year numbers are close to Dirk’s 2nd year numbers. Dirk was also 21 in his 2nd year.
    I have not read any LM negativity on this board. I think he's going to be top-10 or top-12 at his position, but short of a franchise player.

Quote Originally Posted by nbafan23 View Post
    Is LM the type of big that Lebron would like to play with due to his 3 point shooting?
    Yup, hopefully a better version of Kevin Love.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseMVP1 View Post
    I don’t get it either. And actually LM is putting up more points and rebounds per game than dirk in his 2nd year age 21, while playing less min per game. The kid has crazy potential

Sure, but that has nothing to do with the underlying conversation, which is we need 3 players better than LM to contend for a title.
    at different positions.

Look at it this way, there is an expansion team, and they are allowed to pick one guy at each position, cant take two from one team. All are open, which 4 are you putting in front of him? Aldridge in the sunset of his career? The thug green? Blake Griffin? 1,2, 3's there are plenty of choices, but a 4 that is 7 feet that can shoot the 3 at a high percentage and handle the ball up the court?
    109 years since the last back to back world titles

Other players also develop, not only ours. Simmons, Embiid, Harris are all going to get better. And on no planet will LM ever develop to the level of Curry/Durant/Thompson, so my point stands.
    Lol so your point is that LM will never be a top 5 player in the league...how insightful.

Lol so your point is that LM will never be a top 5 player in the league...how insightful.
    Yeah, no one said that other than you.

And your other post was also a straw man - no one was negative on LM.

You are inventing reasons to defend LM so you can crow-bar your fan-boy love of him. Have at it.

Quote Originally Posted by anotheridiot View Post
    at different positions.

Look at it this way, there is an expansion team, and they are allowed to pick one guy at each position, cant take two from one team. All are open, which 4 are you putting in front of him? Aldridge in the sunset of his career? The thug green? Blake Griffin? 1,2, 3's there are plenty of choices, but a 4 that is 7 feet that can shoot the 3 at a high percentage and handle the ball up the court?
    No one is arguing that LM is not a talent. I said he's not a franchise player and I don't think his ceiling reaches that high, that is all.

Yeah, no one said that other than you.

And your other post was also a straw man - no one was negative on LM.

You are inventing reasons to defend LM so you can crow-bar your fan-boy love of him. Have at it.
    I never said he would be top 5 in the league....show me where I said that. Talk about just saying things to say things. I said LM has the potential to make at least 1 all star game in his career. I don’t know where that “ranks” him in the league...but I know it’s a player that is more than your 4th option on a good team, as you so claim him to be

I never said he would be top 5 in the league....show me where I said that. Talk about just saying things to say things. I said LM has the potential to make at least 1 all star game in his career. I don’t know where that “ranks” him in the league...but I know it’s a player that is more than your 4th option on a good team, as you so claim him to be
    First to mention "top 5" was you, please refer to post #78. Remember?

First to mention "top 5" was you, please refer to post #78. Remember?
    You were the one that referenced the top players in the game in post #68, remember?

You were the one that referenced the top players in the game in post #68, remember?
    This is just fucking weird, i can't tell if you're trolling me or just incapable of following a topic, IDK WTF you're even talking about.

This is just fucking weird, i can't tell if you're trolling me or just incapable of following a topic, IDK WTF you're even talking about.
    What’s to get? In post #68, you said that “LM on no planet will develop into the level of curry, Durant, or Thompson...and thus your point stood.” So you’re saying he won’t be a top 5 player in the league...big deal. He doesn’t have to be to be more than the 4th option on a good team as you claim. Just because he would be the 4th best player on a once in a generation type of team means diddly in the big picture of things

At the end of the day, I like lauri’s prospects more than you do. That’s okay, no need to continue on about it. Time will tell

What’s to get? In post #68, you said that “LM on no planet will develop into the level of curry, Durant, or Thompson...and thus your point stood.” So you’re saying he won’t be a top 5 player in the league...big deal. He doesn’t have to be to be more than the 4th option on a good team as you claim. Just because he would be the 4th best player on a once in a generation type of team means diddly in the big picture of things

At the end of the day, I like lauri’s prospects more than you do. That’s okay, no need to continue on about it. Time will tell
    Can you please stop repeating that? No one said it, ever.

Can you please stop repeating that? No one said it, ever.
    Umm you compared him to curry/Durant/Thompson and said he won’t ever be on their level. So yes, you did compare him with the top 5 players in the league. Just because you didn’t use the words top 5, doesn’t mean you still didn’t do it. Unless of yourse you are now saying curry, Durant, and Thompson aren’t top 5 caliber players??

Retired Bandwagon Mod clonetrooper264's Avatar

Klay Thompson is not a top 5 player. There I said it!
    Bulls season be like
    Hidden Content

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast