CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yeah, no one said that other than you.

And your other post was also a straw man - no one was negative on LM.

You are inventing reasons to defend LM so you can crow-bar your fan-boy love of him. Have at it.

I never said he would be top 5 in the league....show me where I said that. Talk about just saying things to say things. I said LM has the potential to make at least 1 all star game in his career. I don’t know where that “ranks” him in the league...but I know it’s a player that is more than your 4th option on a good team, as you so claim him to be

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I never said he would be top 5 in the league....show me where I said that. Talk about just saying things to say things. I said LM has the potential to make at least 1 all star game in his career. I don’t know where that “ranks” him in the league...but I know it’s a player that is more than your 4th option on a good team, as you so claim him to be

First to mention "top 5" was you, please refer to post #78. Remember?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
First to mention "top 5" was you, please refer to post #78. Remember?

You were the one that referenced the top players in the game in post #68, remember?

RacerX

Liked Posts:
You were the one that referenced the top players in the game in post #68, remember?

This is just fucking weird, i can't tell if you're trolling me or just incapable of following a topic, IDK WTF you're even talking about.
:fuckthis:

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
This is just fucking weird, i can't tell if you're trolling me or just incapable of following a topic, IDK WTF you're even talking about.
:fuckthis:

What’s to get? In post #68, you said that “LM on no planet will develop into the level of curry, Durant, or Thompson...and thus your point stood.” So you’re saying he won’t be a top 5 player in the league...big deal. He doesn’t have to be to be more than the 4th option on a good team as you claim. Just because he would be the 4th best player on a once in a generation type of team means diddly in the big picture of things

At the end of the day, I like lauri’s prospects more than you do. That’s okay, no need to continue on about it. Time will tell

RacerX

Liked Posts:
What’s to get? In post #68, you said that “LM on no planet will develop into the level of curry, Durant, or Thompson...and thus your point stood.” So you’re saying he won’t be a top 5 player in the league...big deal. He doesn’t have to be to be more than the 4th option on a good team as you claim. Just because he would be the 4th best player on a once in a generation type of team means diddly in the big picture of things

At the end of the day, I like lauri’s prospects more than you do. That’s okay, no need to continue on about it. Time will tell

Can you please stop repeating that? No one said it, ever.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Can you please stop repeating that? No one said it, ever.

Umm you compared him to curry/Durant/Thompson and said he won’t ever be on their level. So yes, you did compare him with the top 5 players in the league. Just because you didn’t use the words top 5, doesn’t mean you still didn’t do it. Unless of yourse you are now saying curry, Durant, and Thompson aren’t top 5 caliber players??

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Klay Thompson is not a top 5 player. There I said it! :fist:

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Umm you compared him to curry/Durant/Thompson and said he won’t ever be on their level. So yes, you did compare him with the top 5 players in the league. Just because you didn’t use the words top 5, doesn’t mean you still didn’t do it. Unless of yourse you are now saying curry, Durant, and Thompson aren’t top 5 caliber players??

Context is key. I referenced Curry/Durant/Thompson as well as Embiid/Simmons/Butler-Harris as examples of title-contending teams where each has of those types of teams has at least 3 players better than LM, which underscores how far away the Bulls are from contending. The point was all about the overall talent on a team required to compete, and somehow you read LM is not a top 5 player. /////

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Klay Thompson is not a top 5 player. There I said it! :fist:

That’s nitpicking a bit. Plus, when it was just him and curry...many did consider him to be. He’s just sharing the load with Durant now. He’s still elite whether you think he’s top 5 or top 10

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I don't think its a stretch to say Lauri could reach Jimmy or Tobias' level.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Everyone has been looking for the next Dirk, the guy that forced a generation of big men to step out and shoot three pointers. Every team wants one, the bulls have one. Maybe he puts another 30 pounds on like the freak this winter and he can be stronger in the post. That was Kukoc, Nico, and now Laurie. (Boozer was old old school, Taj stopped at mid range 15-18 footers)

Now that Zac has been more willing to share the ball, it will look different. Its not like LeBron would be taking all the shots when players are wide open.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That’s nitpicking a bit. Plus, when it was just him and curry...many did consider him to be. He’s just sharing the load with Durant now. He’s still elite whether you think he’s top 5 or top 10
Strange...I recall an no point in his career where Klay was considered a top 10 player in the league.

One of the top SGs in the league definitely, and perhaps a top 5 two way wing player or better, but never a top 10 player in the entire league.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Strange...I recall an no point in his career where Klay was considered a top 10 player in the league.

One of the top SGs in the league definitely, and perhaps a top 5 two way wing player or better, but never a top 10 player in the entire league.

That’s fine if you don’t remember it. It happened. Just like all the LM and ZL haters in another year or so will act like they were never haters

RacerX

Liked Posts:
That’s fine if you don’t remember it. It happened. Just like all the LM and ZL haters in another year or so will act like they were never haters

There aren't ANY LM haters, you just keep inventing straw men in order to prop LM, it's really odd.

As for ZL, I hated his game as a college player, ignored him as a Timberwolf, and now hate his game as a Bull. And i hope he is gone next year and on the way to filling his ultimate spot elsewhere - as a 6th man.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
There aren't ANY LM haters, you just keep inventing straw men in order to prop LM, it's really odd.

As for ZL, I hated his game as a college player, ignored him as a Timberwolf, and now hate his game as a Bull. And i hope he is gone next year and on the way to filling his ultimate spot elsewhere - as a 6th man.

You saying LM is the 4th best player on a good team is hating on him some. Sorry you can’t see that. This conversation has gotten quite off the rails, however. So, to end it...I’ll just say you’re right and move along. Just remember this conversation come next year when lauri is avg 20 and 10, and taking us to the playoffs

RacerX

Liked Posts:
You saying LM is the 4th best player on a good team is hating on him some. Sorry you can’t see that. This conversation has gotten quite off the rails, however. So, to end it...I’ll just say you’re right and move along. Just remember this conversation come next year when lauri is avg 20 and 10, and taking us to the playoffs

You may be struggling a bit with reading comprehension.

I said LM is not a top-3 player on the Warriors or 76ers. You interpret that as hating on him, can you see the disconnect?

As for LM I also expect he will be a 20-10 player next year, that would surprise no one.

Bulls a playoff team in 2019-2020? LOL, if they do get in it's as a bottom seed that gets ceremoniously swept, this team sucks ass despite you wanting that fact to not be true.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Sure, but that has nothing to do with the underlying conversation, which is we need 3 players better than LM to contend for a title./QUOTE]

My reading comprehension is just fine. Maybe you need vitamins for memory loss. The bulls will be getting a healthy carter back, a top 5 draft pick, and probably/hopefully a veteran pg in FA. Add that to the progress of LM and having Otto for a full year...and I think they make the playoffs next year. Sure, they are a first round exit probably...but that’s progress. It’s a solid step forward, you seem to think if they don’t instantly contend for a title, it’s a failure

Not sure why the quote ended up that way, but it’s post #69.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Sure, but that has nothing to do with the underlying conversation, which is we need 3 players better than LM to contend for a title./QUOTE]

My reading comprehension is just fine. Maybe you need vitamins for memory loss. The bulls will be getting a healthy carter back, a top 5 draft pick, and probably/hopefully a veteran pg in FA. Add that to the progress of LM and having Otto for a full year...and I think they make the playoffs next year. Sure, they are a first round exit probably...but that’s progress. It’s a solid step forward, you seem to think if they don’t instantly contend for a title, it’s a failure

Not sure why the quote ended up that way, but it’s post #69.

Ok, good, we are all clear now that you admit to pulling a Mongo (defined herein as a bold assertion attributed to a straw man, the when called out on it, double down). Contrary to your assertions, no one ever hated on LM for any reason, and no one ever hated on LM for not being a top-5 player in the NBA. You are a LM fanboi, which is fine, u do you, but don’t use me to crow-bar your worship into the equation.

Moving on to next season, you would have us believe the Bulls are a playoff team because LM will improve, and we will have a full tear of Otto, and will get help in the draft + FA.

Seems reasonable, who could argue with such compelling logic, thanks.