Otto Porter is now a Bull

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
In exchange for Portis and Jabari, per Shams. There goes our cap space.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
$55.7M over next two years for Porter....

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Bobby Portis literally beats out OPJ in almost every statistical category in less minutes on court. He is even a better 3PT shooter percentage wise. Oh and he is younger and isn't getting paid 25+ million.

Lets throw in our big expiring contract too to make it work...

Just doesn't make sense.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
LMAO and this guy has a 15% trade kicker....I’m fucking done.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Well the good news is we aren't re-signing Bobby. I don't really care about Porter's contract either as we aren't getting any good free agents anytime soon and we could use a small forward.

I don't understand why we gave up a 2nd round pick when we are helping the Wizards out by taking this albatross contract. I also hope Otto doesn't add to our win total this season.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
is Porter supposed to be good? why did we give up 2 players and a draft pic for a terrible contract? I thought we were tanking this year. What direction are the Bulls trying to take?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
is Porter supposed to be good? why did we give up 2 players and a draft pic for a terrible contract? I thought we were tanking this year. What direction are the Bulls trying to take?

Not sure the Bulls have any idea what direction they are trying to take

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I really like this trade. We gave away nothing, and got something in return, my 1st-ever kudos to GarPax.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I really like this trade. We gave away nothing, and got something in return, my 1st-ever kudos to GarPax.

giphy.gif

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Not sure the Bulls have any idea what direction they are trying to take

Man I've been saying for a while these motherfuckers (GarPax) have no actual plan. This trade proves it.

Are we trying to get better all of a sudden? Are we still tanking?

Are we angling for an active free agency? If so, this trade ruins that.

I just can't find any semblance of a strategy here.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
These guys and their 100% tilefish diet.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I can't say if this is a "good" or "bad" trade, but I find two things funny:

1) The worst possible outcome is that OPJ tears shit up, the Bulls catch fire and go on a Niko-like run, and all that hard work for tanking is for naught as the Bulls end the season with a record better than 'bottom 3'.

2) David Haugh on 670 has been blasting the Bulls' inability to attract top free agents, and his take after this trade is "what cap space do the Bulls have to sign top free agents?". Great synopsis of Chicago sports media.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Well the good news is we aren't re-signing Bobby. I don't really care about Porter's contract either as we aren't getting any good free agents anytime soon and we could use a small forward.

I don't understand why we gave up a 2nd round pick when we are helping the Wizards out by taking this albatross contract. I also hope Otto doesn't add to our win total this season.

Its a heavily protected second round pick in 2023 that will most probably never change hands.

I really liked Otto Porter Jr that draft. Beginning of the year he was the consensus #1 pick. We all know that Bennett never worked out for Cleveland and Olidipo found his game in Indy, but he was the third pick, a guy that was just supposed to spread the floor for two ball needy guards in Washington.

Crazy eyes Portis will not put any more bulls players out of game action on the practice floor anymore. He was expecting to be paid big, Lavine money, and like everyone says, what good is cap space if nobody wants to come here. Porter has been passive, so if he starts taking open shots instead of deferring, we might see what he can really be. He lead the NBA in 3 pt % last year, so when he does eventually shoot, it falls more than average. The bulls also got an actual defender, someone that does not have to be taught to defend.

I would not be surprised if Washington moves either Portis or Jabari, but it will be awkward saturday night if they are there. Expect Jabari to go for 40 if he plays.

The bigger thing that came out of this trade was Lavine asking for a ticket out of town. Traded his best bud, and Jabari had more talent than anyone in that locker room and he got a raw deal. We may have that cap space back everyone wants.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Its a heavily protected second round pick in 2023 that will most probably never change hands.

I really liked Otto Porter Jr that draft. Beginning of the year he was the consensus #1 pick. We all know that Bennett never worked out for Cleveland and Olidipo found his game in Indy, but he was the third pick, a guy that was just supposed to spread the floor for two ball needy guards in Washington.

Crazy eyes Portis will not put any more bulls players out of game action on the practice floor anymore. He was expecting to be paid big, Lavine money, and like everyone says, what good is cap space if nobody wants to come here. Porter has been passive, so if he starts taking open shots instead of deferring, we might see what he can really be. He lead the NBA in 3 pt % last year, so when he does eventually shoot, it falls more than average. The bulls also got an actual defender, someone that does not have to be taught to defend.

I would not be surprised if Washington moves either Portis or Jabari, but it will be awkward saturday night if they are there. Expect Jabari to go for 40 if he plays.

The bigger thing that came out of this trade was Lavine asking for a ticket out of town. Traded his best bud, and Jabari had more talent than anyone in that locker room and he got a raw deal. We may have that cap space back everyone wants.

Anything to dump LaVine.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I can't even say this was a crippling move because it's not like they were gonna sign anyone better than Porter in FA...

Just confused...that's all I have to say

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Option 1. Build through the draft.

Option 2. Build through free agency.

Option Gar/Pax: Trade away all players that rightfully recognize the issues with the organization is in the front office for other players that will eventually reach the same logical conclusion. rinse:repeat