CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Imagine saying your qb sucks cause he led an offense to 15 points, then seeing the best qb of all time score 13 points and win a Super Bowl to make you seem dumb as fuck

Just remy things, bro

Congrats on remy owning the Chicago Bears!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cool. There is a difference between me criticizing Nagy's specific clock management issues, and you making a blanket statement such as Nagy is the "one of the worst I've seen" at clock management.

Which is not what you said in your post.

Wow...an NFL coach who has clock management issues? I've never heard of such a thing.

Don't see anywhere in the above where you express your concern over my blanket statement.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He had clock management issues all season and in the playoff game we kept going down to the last second to get plays off. It was a problem all through the season. Think you are forgetting when he cost the Bears legitimate points this season like when he let the clock run down after a 3rd down failure by the Giants and then with no threat of the Bears having time to get the ball back, the Giants went for it on 4th down converted and then ultimately got a FG. We lost that game in overtime.

There were several other clock management issues like that throughout the season. He is fucking terrible at it. Honestly one of the worst I have seen as he legitimately cost his team points on several occasions.

What other games did you have major clock management issues?

He is not terrible at it. All NFL coaches have clock management issues. Making generalized statements about something that is not really prove able takes away from fair criticisms.

He should have handled the end of the playoff game differently.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Congrats on remy owning the Chicago Bears!

I am Virginia McCakey reincarnated into a black dude. She actually died over 40 years ago but hard to explain that to the authorities so they have been hiding that fact. I have just been hiring several old women to portray her in public appearances.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

He is not terrible at it. All NFL coaches have clock management issues. Making generalized statements about something that is not really prove able takes away from fair criticisms.

Your claim was that he had issues early in the season. The Giants game was not early in the season. So we have now established he had issues early in the season, he had issues in the 11th game of the season, and you concede he also had issues in the playoff game. So that is pretty much throughout the season like I said.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Absolutely. And all fans think that their favorite team's head coach is horrible at time management. Fans only remember the times when their decision after the fact turned out to be the right one.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Your claim was that he had issues early in the season. The Giants game was not early in the season. So we have now established he had issues early in the season, he had issues in the 11th game of the season, and you concede he also had issues in the playoff game. So that is pretty much throughout the season like I said.

Playoffs
Giants Game
Packers Game

I can think of 3 games where I disagreed with his clock management. So while that technically while that is "throughout" the season. It is a pretty small percentage.

There are going to be 3-4 games we disagree with in 2020, 2021 and beyond. No coach has totally clean clock management throughout any season.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Playoffs
Giants Game
Packers Game

I can think of 3 games where I disagreed with his clock management. So while that technically while that is "throughout" the season. It is a pretty small percentage.

There are going to be 3-4 games we disagree with in 2020, 2021 and beyond. No coach has totally clean clock management throughout any season.

Great so you may not think he has clock management issues. I do. Not sure what to tell you. I remember complaining about it a lot in the game threads all year. You may just be remembering the games we lost because of the shitty clock management whereas he had some moments in the games we won as well. Then of course, there was his stupid running out the clock against Miami to try a 50 yarder. Also quite a few times where we burned timeouts because he didn't get a play call in on time. In short, it was more than just the 3-4 games you note.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Which is not what you said in your post.

Don't see anywhere in the above where you express your concern over my blanket statement.

Because i am not "concerned" over your blanket statement. I said there is a difference between pointing out Nagy's specific clock management errors as they happen (me), and making a blanket statement such as "Nagy is one of the worst I've seen at clock management" (you). Not sure why i have to repeat myself, because its a very basic point.

All NFL coaches suffer from "Fog of War" and make clock management issues from time to time....Nagy is no exception. But he is not "one of the worst I've seen" and I don't really think it is even an issue of concern.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Great so you may not think he has clock management issues. I do. Not sure what to tell you.

You said Nagy was one of the worst you had ever seen...who else is on your 'worst ever' list? Just wondering.

I remember this one time, an NFL GM selected a collegiate player in the 1st round of the NFL draft, and that player never amount to much of anything in the NFL. Can you believe it? That GM was one of the worst I have ever seen at drafting players!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
When Nagy chooses the wind in overtime then I'll start to be concerned about his game management, clock or otherwise.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
When Nagy chooses the wind in overtime then I'll start to be concerned about his game management, clock or otherwise.

g_mornhinweg_i.jpg

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Great so you may not think he has clock management issues. I do. Not sure what to tell you. I remember complaining about it a lot in the game threads all year. You may just be remembering the games we lost because of the shitty clock management whereas he had some moments in the games we won as well. Then of course, there was his stupid running out the clock against Miami to try a 50 yarder. Also quite a few times where we burned timeouts because he didn't get a play call in on time. In short, it was more than just the 3-4 games you note.

Not getting the play in is expected in a new offense that has heavy pre snap motion.

I think your expectations are unrealistic. Made even more so by the fact that he is calling plays and while also managing the game.

I actually thought all things considered he did a nice job of it for his FIRST time ever doing both jobs.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Not getting the play in is expected in a new offense that has heavy pre snap motion.

I think your expectations are unrealistic. Made even more so by the fact that he is calling plays and while also managing the game.

I actually thought all things considered he did a nice job of it for his FIRST time ever doing both jobs.

A lot of coaches go 12-4 in their first season.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Because i am not "concerned" over your blanket statement. I said there is a difference between pointing out Nagy's specific clock management errors as they happen (me), and making a blanket statement such as "Nagy is one of the worst I've seen at clock management" (you). Not sure why i have to repeat myself, because its a very basic point.

All NFL coaches suffer from "Fog of War" and make clock management issues from time to time....Nagy is no exception. But he is not "one of the worst I've seen" and I don't really think it is even an issue of concern.

And again, that is not what you said in your initial response. If you had then I would tell you that you are entitled to my opinion and I am entitled to mine. We aren't going to be able to prove it one way or the other.

Yawn, he had 16 games to get this shit sorted out. Plenty of people criticized his clock management not just me. If he can't get plays in and manage the game at the same time then perhaps he shouldn't have both duties. But there is a reason why people joked he came from the Andy Reid school of clock management. It is a fairly well known issue.

Now if he gets it sorted out next year then great. But until then, yeah I think he sucks at it. Sorry.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
And again, that is not what you said in your initial response. If you had then I would tell you that you are entitled to my opinion and I am entitled to mine. We aren't going to be able to prove it one way or the other.

I am entitled to my opinion regardless of your interpretation/misinterpretation of my initial response. Nagy was 12-4 and Coach of the Year...proof enough for me that he isn't among the worst NFL coaches in history in regards to clock management issues! Much like how Hank Aaron hitting 755 MLB HRs and Josh Gibson hitting 0 MLB HRs is proof enough for me that Hank Aaron was a better MLB HR hitter than Josh Gibson!

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Yawn, he had 16 games to get this shit sorted out. Plenty of people criticized his clock management not just me. If he can't get plays in and manage the game at the same time then perhaps he shouldn't have both duties. But there is a reason why people joked he came from the Andy Reid school of clock management. It is a fairly well known issue.

Now if he gets it sorted out next year then great. But until then, yeah I think he sucks at it. Sorry.

Difference between criticize and exaggerate.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am entitled to my opinion regardless of your interpretation/misinterpretation of my initial response. Nagy was 12-4 and Coach of the Year...proof enough for me that he isn't among the worst NFL coaches in history in regards to clock management issues! Much like how Hank Aaron hitting 755 MLB HRs and Josh Gibson hitting 0 MLB HRs is proof enough for me that Hank Aaron was a better MLB HR hitter than Josh Gibson!

He was coach of the year because he road the No 1 D to a 12-4 record. That proves nothing about his individual attributes. Once can win and still be terrible at clock management.

Difference between criticize and exaggerate.

Sure but you have not provided any proof that I am exaggerating so we simply have a good faith difference of opinion. You concede it sucked for 3-4 games and I can consider a coach losing a 3-4 games in part due to clock management decisions to be a lot. Like how many games on average do you think an NFL coach loses in part due to their poor clock management. I mean we lost only 5 games and all but one (Pats) we can agree he made shitty clock management decisions.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
He was coach of the year because he road the No 1 D to a 12-4 record. That proves nothing about his individual attributes. Once can win and still be terrible at clock management.

Cool. You just said "We aren't going to be able to prove it one way or the other", yet as soon as I post some facts about Nagy's coaching accomplishments (in spite of alleged bad clock management issues), you are somehow magically able to "prove" your statement that Nagy is indeed among the worst coaches in NFL history in terms of clock management...WITHOUT PROVIDING ANY EVIDENCE!

Its incredible.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

The issue with Miami was not a clock management issue. It was a play call issue that we went over at the time of the game.

It was smart to let the clock run down there because one more 1st down and we get in a situation where a missed kick = a tie with no time for Miami to drive down and score.

When a team has to call timeout because they have confusion at the line, I don't think of that as a clock management issue. It's more of a preparation issue.