Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Bears' Robinson on Kareem Hunt: "I think guys would welcome him with open arms"

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by didshereallysaythat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not necessarily. There can be a defensive penalty which would reset the downs. Also, if they call all their timeouts , they could be left in a vulnerable situation where they are pinned deep and there is enough time for the Eagles to get the ball back again (meaning you had to stop them on 2 different series). We already went over this. The Eagles actually made a mistake by wasting their own timeout after their incompletion. If not for that, they still might not have been able to run the clock down all the way if they failed on 4th down. Like I said, you have to look at both situations of the Eagles scoring and not scoring.
    Yes there can which still bears no resemblance to the Pitt vs Pats game.

The Eagles would be able to get the ball back regardless if you failed to get a 1st down if they failed on 4th.

Not necessarily. There can be a defensive penalty which would reset the downs. Also, if they call all their timeouts , they could be left in a vulnerable situation where they are pinned deep and there is enough time for the Eagles to get the ball back again (meaning you had to stop them on 2 different series). We already went over this. The Eagles actually made a mistake by wasting their own timeout after their incompletion. If not for that, they still might not have been able to run the clock down all the way if they failed on 4th down. Like I said, you have to look at both situations of the Eagles scoring and not scoring.
    Doug Pedersen...one of the worst clock management coaches of all time
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by remydat Hidden Content
    I simply stated what I think you think without stating what I personally think.
    Deep thoughts

Hidden Content Originally Posted by BearsBud Hidden Content
    After he looks dumber than usual and participates in his own dumbage
    Best post ever

Hidden Content Originally Posted by austtint Hidden Content
    I know when people say stuff idiotic, I respond to them.

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by DaaBears View Post
    I called no one names at all. You said fans disagreed with Nagy before his plan did or didn't work out. And I responded with dumb fans, meaning those yelling shit emotionally out during the game.

You will not find an example anywhere of me calling anybody here names.
    But how do you know if they were being emotional? You are inferring things to suit your narrative. Perhaps you are being emotional in defending Nagy because you like him.

And I got to listen to angry Bears fans call in to 670 and 1000 for a couple days after the game and almost no one was using that as a talking point. I might have heard someone question not calling TO there once. Do not try and pretend like the majority here think that was a bad decision.
    http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/s...edition/page62

I said several examples which I provided. It is truly odd for you to chastise me for providing evidence of the several people I noted while then claiming "most coaches" agree with you without a shred of evidence. Please show me your support for the "most coaches" claim.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    But how do you know if they were being emotional? You are inferring things to suit your narrative. Perhaps you are being emotional in defending Nagy because you like him.

I said several examples which I provided. It is truly odd for you to chastise me for providing evidence of the several people I noted while then claiming "most coaches" agree with you without a shred of evidence. Please show me your support for the "most coaches" claim.
    I have things I like and dislike about Nagy.

All-Star

I have things I like and dislike about Nagy.
    As do I and others. Like for example, him blowing 40 seconds at the end of the the Eagles game. Given how questionable these decisions are, it is entirely fair for some to dislike that move.

As do I and others. Like for example, him blowing 40 seconds at the end of the the Eagles game. Given how questionable these decisions are, it is entirely fair for some to dislike that move.
    You're the extreme then?
    Deep thoughts

Best post ever

All-Star

Why did you link me to page 62 of the game thread? It looks like the end of the 1st half based on the replies. Like what is your deal?

All-Star

Why did you link me to page 62 of the game thread? It looks like the end of the 1st half based on the replies. Like what is your deal?
    Nope that is the page right after the 3rd down conversion. Unless your settings are different. My game thread is only 69 pages so that is 62 out of 69.

All-Star

Nope that is the page right after the 3rd down conversion. Unless your settings are different. My game thread is only 69 pages so that is 62 out of 69.
    Mine is 112 pages.

It's pointless though. I have contributed in the game threads though. There are always people that spew all sorts of garbage there. It represents less than 1% of this board, let alone all of Bears and NFL fans who might have had an opinion on Nagy's time management at the end of the game.

I never expected him to call TO there because watching the NFL I know coaches typically don't that early when having a lead above 3 points. I was just hoping he would call it every time they ran the ball after that because I wanted it to be above 1 minute.

All-Star

Mine is 112 pages.

It's pointless though. I have contributed in the game threads though. There are always people that spew all sorts of garbage there. It represents less than 1% of this board, let alone all of Bears and NFL fans who might have had an opinion on Nagy's time management at the end of the game.

I never expected him to call TO there because watching the NFL I know coaches typically don't that early when having a lead above 3 points. I was just hoping he would call it every time they ran the ball after that because I wanted it to be above 1 minute.
    I think you better off saying it is your opinion instead of invoking what NFL coaches do when you don't have evidence of that.

All-Star

I think you better off saying it is your opinion instead of invoking what NFL coaches do when you don't have evidence of that.
    Ok, can you find an example of a coach calling TO with 1:45 left on the clock up by 5 points or more in the 4th quarter merely to stop the clock?

All-Star

Ok, can you find an example of a coach calling TO with 1:45 left on the clock up by 5 points or more in the 4th quarter merely to stop the clock?
    It was never my argument that most coaches agreed with me. That was your argument. I told you fans in the game thread and pundits agreed with me and provided evidence.

So you are the one caught out in the middle of the ocean without a life boat. Good luck finding support for your claim regarding most coaches agreeing with you.

All-Star

It was never my argument that most coaches agreed with me. That was your argument. I told you fans in the game thread and pundits agreed with me and provided evidence.

So you are the one caught out in the middle of the ocean without a life boat. Good luck finding support for your claim regarding most coaches agreeing with you.
    For you to be SOOOO UPSET over it, you atleast should be able to recall coaches automatically calling a timeout there.

All-Star

For you to be SOOOO UPSET over it, you atleast should be able to recall coaches automatically calling a timeout there.
    No I shouldn't as I never made the claim. Now again where is your evidence that most coaches agree with you? Or will you just admit you overstated your case?

All-Star

No I shouldn't as I never made the claim. Now again where is your evidence that most coaches agree with you? Or will you just admit you overstated your case?
    Only if you admit you overstated that Nagy was one of the worst in the NFL at time management.

All-Star

Only if you admit you overstated that Nagy was one of the worst in the NFL at time management.
    Hmm I admit it is my opinion. You however claimed most coaches agree with you.

@remy citing the IGT as people agreeing with him
    Deep thoughts

Best post ever

All-Star

Hmm I admit it is my opinion. You however claimed most coaches agree with you.
    In my opinion, most coaches would agree with me based on my recollection of games that I watched where coaches would not call timeouts that early with a lead more than a FG. I admit it is anecdotal and I do not remember specific instances. It's more so my instant reaction when watching it.

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by onebud34 View Post
    @remy citing the IGT as people agreeing with him
    Well better than citing most coaches and then providing zero coaches that agreed with you.

Furthermore I cited IGT people because DaaBears was claiming people bitch only when it does not work out. This is objectively false as people bitched at the time prior to knowledge of outcome.

All-Star

In my opinion, most coaches would agree with me based on my recollection of games that I watched where coaches would not call timeouts that early with a lead more than a FG. I admit it is anecdotal and I do not remember specific instances. It's more so my instant reaction when watching it.
    Ok you are free to have that opinion just as I am free to say Nagy is one of worst clock managers I have ever seen.

Well better than citing most coaches and then providing zero coaches that agreed with you.

Furthermore I cited IGT people because DaaBears was claiming people bitch only when it does not work out. This is objectively false as people bitched at the time prior to knowledge of outcome.
    Wrong. The time management DID work out. Actually it worked out perfectly, like Nagy said. The guy missed the game winning field goal.

All-Star

Wrong. The time management DID work out. Actually it worked out perfectly, like Nagy said. The guy missed the game winning field goal.
    Read what I said. Your claim was people only bitch when it does not work out. That is what you said. This is in fact false because before anyone knew whether it would work out or not they criticized in the IGT.

So whether it worked or not is irrelevant because people were complaining prior to knowing the outcome.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast