Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bears' Robinson on Kareem Hunt: "I think guys would welcome him with open arms"

CCS Donator Outlaw Josey Cutler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCity View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, he should not answer any questions until he "earns" his 14 million with an arbitrary stat line that someone makes up.
    I agree Robinson needs to answer questions so he shouldn't remain quiet and is fine saying he thinks the Bears would welcome Hunt.

But 754 yards and 4 TDs is not an arbitarary stat line unless you are nitpicking halftime for gypping AR on 4 measly receiving yards?

Quote Originally Posted by Sagbear View Post
    He was asked a question and answered

This is a business Robinson knows that, on top of that hes active on social media so hes most likely already seen some of the Buzz about Hunt coming here.

Hunt is better than Howard and fits this offense better I'm sure Robinson knows that and he wants to win.

Also dont think Howard doesnt get traded if sign Hunt- His suspension will likely be 4 games.
    Shit, he might ASK to be traded if we sign hunt. JHow is on a contract year. He isn't looking to get 125 carries when he has a potential big payday coming a year from now.

Monday Morning QB playthrough2001's Avatar

How fast can we get him here? Oh and Robinson should shut the fuck up because he plays in an offense that intentionally spreads the wealth.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw Josey Cutler View Post
    I agree Robinson needs to answer questions so he shouldn't remain quiet and is fine saying he thinks the Bears would welcome Hunt.

But 754 yards and 4 TDs is not an arbitarary stat line unless you are nitpicking halftime for gypping AR on 4 measly receiving yards?
    I meant arbitrary for what a 14 million dollar season looks like.

What is the acceptable stat line for a 14 million dollar season?

Quote Originally Posted by playthrough2001 View Post
    How fast can we get him here? Oh and Robinson should shut the fuck up because he plays in an offense that intentionally spreads the wealth.
    I doubt any team touches him before the suspension is announced. When that is i have no idea.

Does Vegas have odds on where he ends up? if So i fully expect the bears to be a top 3 destination for him

I doubt any team touches him before the suspension is announced. When that is i have no idea.

Does Vegas have odds on where he ends up? if So i fully expect the bears to be a top 3 destination for him
    I fully expect a jail cell to be a top three destination for him.
    Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it. - George Halas

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by halftime View Post
    I fully expect a jail cell to be a top three destination for him.
    For what??? LOL!

That chip on Howard's shoulder just got pizza platter sized.

All-Star

What are the odds that Hunt messes up again? It's a real gamble to bet on a man who likely won't be available because of suspensions or other irresponsible behavior.

I'd rather see a good character RB drafted in the 3rd or 4th round.

Quote Originally Posted by napo55 View Post
    What are the odds that Hunt messes up again? It's a real gamble to bet on a man who likely won't be available because of suspensions or other irresponsible behavior.

I'd rather see a good character RB drafted in the 3rd or 4th round.
    In an ideal world you can draft a RB in the later rounds and he turns into Hunt. As bad as it is this is a world where talent and production will mask his mistakes. Thats just how it is plain and simple.

If he truly turned his life around it looks great if he doesn't then it looks bad

, but you do your research and try and turn over every stone and take a calculated gamble

All-Star

KC intentionally spreads the wealth as does Philly. They still had WRs or TEs with over 1,000 yards. He underperformed. Still may be better next year and he has a right to say what he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    KC intentionally spreads the wealth as does Philly. They still had WRs or TEs with over 1,000 yards. He underperformed. Still may be better next year and he has a right to say what he wants.
    Nope... First year back from ACL, new team, QB and offense...

He also missed some games. He was fine. I can’t wait to watch him and Hunt next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Visionman View Post
    For what??? LOL!

Exactly!

All-Star

In an ideal world you can draft a RB in the later rounds and he turns into Hunt. As bad as it is this is a world where talent and production will mask his mistakes. Thats just how it is plain and simple.

If he truly turned his life around it looks great if he doesn't then it looks bad

, but you do your research and try and turn over every stone and take a calculated gamble
    Hunt has been involved in three incidents (that we know of). My point is that just like Ruben Foster, the chances are that he will repeat, get suspended, and not be available. I'd rather have a good character 3rd or 4th rounder, who may not be as talented as Hunt, but will not make a habit of beating people up. Also, I'd prefer to root for a good guy.

All-Star

Ertz: 156 targets
    Hill: 137 targets
    Kelce: 150 targets

Those are the three pass catchers over 1000 yards on those two teams. Robinson had 93 targets. Each of those others got targeted 50% more or higher.

Not Robinson's fault he doesn't have massive targets.

All-Star

Nope... First year back from ACL, new team, QB and offense...

He also missed some games. He was fine. I can’t wait to watch him and Hunt next season.
    Yeah that just explains why he underperformed.

Quote Originally Posted by bearsfaninfl View Post
    Ertz: 156 targets
    Hill: 137 targets
    Kelce: 150 targets

Those are the three pass catchers over 1000 yards on those two teams. Robinson had 93 targets. Each of those others got targeted 50% more or higher.

Not Robinson's fault he doesn't have massive targets.
    Yeah it kind of is his fault as if he were better at getting open like those guys he would get more targets. He doesn't have great separation stats.

He also doesn't catch a high percentage of targets. Everyone else is above 60%. He is at 58%. Last year in Jax he was at 48%. His one big year in Jax he was at 53%. He has never cracked 60% in catch percentage in his career.

All-Star

Yeah that just explains why he underperformed.

Yeah it kind of is his fault as if he were better at getting open like those guys he would get more targets. He doesn't have great separation stats.

He also doesn't catch a high percentage of targets. Everyone else is above 60%. He is at 58%. Last year in Jax he was at 48%. His one big year in Jax he was at 53%. He has never cracked 60% in catch percentage in his career.
    I'm sure Bortles being his QB had absolutely NOTHING to do with that...lol

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Visionman View Post
    I'm sure Bortles being his QB had absolutely NOTHING to do with that...lol
    Except again, his low catch percentage carried over to Chicago. Mitch completion percentage was 66.6%. So ARob's catch percent is 8% worse than his QB's average.

When Bortles completion percentage was 58.9% then ARob was 10% worse at 48%. When it was 58.6 during ARob's big season, ARob was at 53%. So sorry, the QB's completion percentage is always worse when throwing to ARob than when throwing to everyone else probably because again he doesn't get a ton of separation.

Not sure why Bears fans find it so hard to admit when someone they like underperforms.

Signing character issue guys are a big risk, but sometimes you just have to gamble with team chemistry if it means a legit chance at going to the superbowl.

The NFC is flawed. Goff is overrated, Brees is old and the Bears are just more talented than the rest of the bunch.

Trade Howard for a 3rd or if you can't get that just keep him. Flex Cohen to an 85% WR role.

Hunt is not only talented he completely fits a position of need.

All-Star

Except again, his low catch percentage carried over to Chicago. Mitch completion percentage was 66.6%. So ARob's catch percent is 8% worse than his QB's average.

When Bortles completion percentage was 58.9% then ARob was 10% worse at 48%. When it was 58.6 during ARob's big season, ARob was at 53%. So sorry, the QB's completion percentage is always worse when throwing to ARob than when throwing to everyone else probably because again he doesn't get a ton of separation.

Not sure why Bears fans find it so hard to admit when someone they like underperforms.
    First, AR was the deep threat in Jax. That, combined with Bortles horrible accuracy (go ahead and find a way to defend it) led to a lower %. Surely you know the longer the pass, the less likely it is to be completed by ANY WR.

Second, this was EVERYONE'S first year in Nagy's offense, as well as AR still not 100% from his ACL. And again, he was also the deep threat.

I'll give you the AR isn't a guy who gets wide open. That isnt his game. If you want to knock him for that, might as well knock a guy like Tyrek Hill because he isnt a good jump ball WR.

Have fun with the rest of your vortex...

Christ, is remy hating on Robinson again?
    There is a difference between woman throwing the pussy around for you to grab and just grabbing pussy. Trump money means itís raining pussy. Winston money means itís sprinkles lol - PAPABEAR77

It's remy's job to find errors and mistakes and look for inefficiencies. I'd probably hire him as my accountant, but not my general manager.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast