Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Results 331 to 352 of 352

Thread: Bears' Robinson on Kareem Hunt: "I think guys would welcome him with open arms"

  1. #331
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    30,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by didshereallysaythat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With that logic, he could have called timeout first preserving the time. Then came out in goal line defense.
    Moving goalposts. Your claim was that he didn't dictate anything. This is refuted by the article you provided where Carroll admits BB dictated the pass call that decided the game by showing goalline D. If you have concerns take it up with the author of your article or Carroll.

    Quote Originally Posted by onebud34 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep...I think he left out that part.

    I think it's hilarious he's still cunting over a 1st year HC's clock management. And then doubling down and citing the IGT as proof that people agree with him.
    I think you like Didshe didn't read the article he posted. Carroll admits per the author that Bellichek dictated his pass play call by coming out in goalline D.

    Reading is fundamental.

  2. #332
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    11,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Moving goalposts. You claim was that he didn't dictate anything. This is refuted by the article you provided where Carroll admits he dictated the pass call that decided the game. If you have concerns take it up with the author of your article or Carroll.
    That was their general strategy. Most teams would not find it as favorable to run into goal line defenses! How surprising!

    It is not moving goal posts. If anything you are. The ORIGINAL point by posting the article was to show that Belichick did not call a timeout to stop the clock in a situation that would have preserved time where there was an entire minute LESS than there was in the Bears game. You are the one moving the goal posts for reasons he magically dictated what Carroll would do. So if that was true, WHY DIDN'T HE JUST CALL TIMEOUT TO PRESERVE THE TIME AND THEN LINE UP IN GOAL LINE TO DICTATE CARROLL THROWING IT WITH 1 MINUTE LEFT INSTEAD OF 25 SECONDS?

  3. #333
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    30,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by didshereallysaythat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That was their general strategy. Most teams would not find it as favorable to run into goal line defenses! How surprising!

    It is not moving goal posts. If anything you are. The ORIGINAL point by posting the article was to show that Belichick did not call a timeout to stop the clock in a situation that would have preserved time where there was an entire minute LESS than there was in the Bears game. You are the one moving the goal posts for reasons he magically dictated what Carroll would do. So if that was true, WHY DIDN'T HE JUST CALL TIMEOUT TO PRESERVE THE TIME AND THEN LINE UP IN GOAL LINE TO DICTATE CARROLL THROWING IT WITH 1 MINUTE LEFT INSTEAD OF 25 SECONDS?
    Because he figured since they would pass it would either be completed in the end zone for a TD or be incomplete and thus stop the clock. Pretty obvious. In any event, the simple fact is he dictated the play of the offense. This has been confirmed by Carroll so you claiming he didn't is simply wrong.

    I didn't move goalposts because I never made an argument that this game was similar to the Eagles game, you did. Moving goalposts is when one makes an argument and then changes it when it has been rebutted. My argument never changed as I never suggested the Pats game was similar. Your argument changed because you claimed BB did not dictate the play to Carroll and then when I pointed out your article disproves that, you changed your argument to asking why he still didn't call the timeout.

  4. #334
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    11,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because he figured since they would pass it would either be completed in the end zone for a TD or be incomplete and thus stop the clock. Pretty obvious. In any event, the simple fact is he dictated the play of the offense. This has been confirmed by Carroll so you claiming he didn't is simply wrong.

    I didn't move goalposts because I never made an argument that this game was similar to the Eagles game, you did. Moving goalposts is when one makes an argument and then changes it when it has been rebutted. My argument never changed as I never suggested the Pats game was similar. Your argument changed because you claimed BB did not dictate the play to Carroll and then when I pointed out your article disproves that, you changed your argument to asking why he still didn't call the timeout.
    If the pass is completed for a TD, then it would be better to have an extra 40 seconds and 1 less timeout. If it is incomplete, there still is the extra 40 seconds and 1 less timeout. Either way, he still could dictate the offense because they have 25 seconds of play clock to adjust to the defensive formation.

    So it's similar in that both coaches decided they would rather have 1 more timeout and 40 less seconds in a goal line situation inside 2 minutes with a 4-5 point lead. The Patriots just had 1 less minute than the Bears.

  5. #335
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    30,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by didshereallysaythat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the pass is completed for a TD, then it would be better to have an extra 40 seconds and 1 less timeout. If it is incomplete, there still is the extra 40 seconds and 1 less timeout. Either way, he still could dictate the offense because they have 25 seconds of play clock to adjust to the defensive formation.

    So it's similar in that both coaches decided they would rather have 1 more timeout and 40 less seconds in a goal line situation inside 2 minutes with a 4-5 point lead. The Patriots just had 1 less minute than the Bears.
    The difference is as BB noted, he successfully dictated the play type he wanted hence why he held onto the TO. No such evidence that Nagy did the same.

    Further, not sure how this proves your claim that started all of this. Your claim was most coaches, not a single coach whose situation was decidedly different because he played Carroll like a fiddle. When Nagy has that kind of knowledge to predict what his opponent is going to do causing his team to win then you can say they are the same.

  6. #336
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    11,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The difference is as BB noted, he successfully dictated the play type he wanted hence why he held onto the TO. No such evidence that Nagy did the same.
    And as I already said every time you brought that up, he still could have done that while calling the timeout.

  7. #337
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    11,460

    Default

    Sounds like with a later article, Belichick knew he made a mistake because there was so little time left (unlike Nagy who still had ample time to score).

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ion-with-staff

    For all those Patriots fans out there, feel free to file this under your already swooning narrative about Bill Belichick and his non-stop work ethic.

    At the annual AFC coaches breakfast on Tuesday, New England's head coach was asked if he reviewed film from the Super Bowl and whether or not he spoke with his staff about the decision not to call a timeout at the end of the game.

    Turns out, he has.

    "We talked about all the situations that came up in that game," Belichick said. "They were numerous. But at the end of both halves, both were obviously critical situations in the game. Yeah, we talked about it."

    He added: "There's a lot of situations in that game including at the end of the first half. I always think that there are things we can look at in terms of situational football. There are a lot of things we can do better and continue to work on, try to be as efficient as we can in those situations whenever they turn up."

    While it isn't entirely surprising, it's interesting to see Belichick, just after his fourth Super Bowl win, re-watching the tape and having an open dialogue about whether he made the right decision.

    Obviously, he was rewarded in the moment, though a different decision from Pete Carroll would have changed history forever. In the moment, Belichick was roundly criticized. In the end, he was right.

    But that's why his viewing party sticks out to us. It's easy to say that most coaches would rest on their laurels, but there really isn't a comparison here. There is no better coach in NFL history, and perhaps we're getting a glimpse as to why.

  8. #338
    Urblocks Wife Got a Raise Gustavus Adolphus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    26,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The difference is as BB noted, he successfully dictated the play type he wanted hence why he held onto the TO. No such evidence that Nagy did the same.

    Further, not sure how this proves your claim that started all of this. Your claim was most coaches, not a single coach whose situation was decidedly different because he played Carroll like a fiddle. When Nagy has that kind of knowledge to predict what his opponent is going to do causing his team to win then you can say they are the same.
    Is this the only forum that you visit?
    My Current Alts
    1. HeHateMe
    2. Novak
    3. Warden of the Northeast
    4. Teddy KGB
    5. brett05
    6. BearDen

  9. #339
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    30,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by didshereallysaythat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And as I already said every time you brought that up, he still could have done that while calling the timeout.
    So you arguing against yourself now and saying he should have called the timeout?

    Quote Originally Posted by didshereallysaythat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds like with a later article, Belichick knew he made a mistake because there was so little time left (unlike Nagy who still had ample time to score).

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ion-with-staff

    For all those Patriots fans out there, feel free to file this under your already swooning narrative about Bill Belichick and his non-stop work ethic.

    At the annual AFC coaches breakfast on Tuesday, New England's head coach was asked if he reviewed film from the Super Bowl and whether or not he spoke with his staff about the decision not to call a timeout at the end of the game.

    Turns out, he has.

    "We talked about all the situations that came up in that game," Belichick said. "They were numerous. But at the end of both halves, both were obviously critical situations in the game. Yeah, we talked about it."

    He added: "There's a lot of situations in that game including at the end of the first half. I always think that there are things we can look at in terms of situational football. There are a lot of things we can do better and continue to work on, try to be as efficient as we can in those situations whenever they turn up."

    While it isn't entirely surprising, it's interesting to see Belichick, just after his fourth Super Bowl win, re-watching the tape and having an open dialogue about whether he made the right decision.

    Obviously, he was rewarded in the moment, though a different decision from Pete Carroll would have changed history forever. In the moment, Belichick was roundly criticized. In the end, he was right.

    But that's why his viewing party sticks out to us. It's easy to say that most coaches would rest on their laurels, but there really isn't a comparison here. There is no better coach in NFL history, and perhaps we're getting a glimpse as to why.
    Holy Shit, you are. You posted this to defend Nagy and now saying BB should call the timeout. Lol, this is hilarious.

  10. #340
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    30,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gustavus Adolphus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is this the only forum that you visit?
    Nope the one I post the most in though. Spend 12-16 hours in front of a computer waiting for people to get me stuff to review so go back and forth between work and this board.

  11. #341
    Packer Fan onebud34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Favorite Corner Bar
    Posts
    17,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by didshereallysaythat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How many people even agreed with him in that thread? 2?
    Sober fans=0
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by remydat Hidden Content
    I simply stated what I think you think without stating what I personally think.
    Deep thoughts

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by BearsBud Hidden Content
    After he looks dumber than usual and participates in his own dumbage
    Best post ever

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by austtint Hidden Content
    I know when people say stuff idiotic, I respond to them.

  12. #342
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    11,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you arguing against yourself now and saying he should have called the timeout?



    Holy Shit, you are. You posted this to defend Nagy and now saying BB should call the timeout. Lol, this is hilarious.
    I am. Belichick should have called the timeout because 25 seconds leaves only 20 after the play and if its a TD, you are fucked.
    Nagy was calling timeouts with over 1 minute to go. It's a huge difference.

    My point is that if Belichick didn't care about letting the clock go to 25 seconds without calling a TO, he likely wouldn't care about it going down to 1:15.

  13. #343
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    30,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by didshereallysaythat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am. Belichick should have called the timeout because 25 seconds leaves only 20 after the play and if its a TD, you are fucked.
    Nagy was calling timeouts with over 1 minute to go. It's a huge difference.

    My point is that if Belichick didn't care about letting the clock go to 25 seconds without calling a TO, he likely wouldn't care about it going down to 1:15.
    I think that depends on whether he thought the Seahawks were running or not which is what he said.

    In any event, none of this really proves your point at all. The situations are too different, you still have yet to get to a majority of coaches agreeing with you like you claim, and at this point I don't even think you know what your point is. It has killed the time though so thank you for arguing for and against your original argument.

  14. #344
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    11,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think that depends on whether he thought the Seahawks were running or not which is what he said.

    In any event, none of this really proves your point at all. The situations are too different, you still have yet to get to a majority of coaches agreeing with you like you claim, and at this point I don't even think you know what your point is. It has killed the time though so thank you for arguing for and against your original argument.
    We went 20 posts without you realizing that I was not in favor of Belichick's decision. Are you still in favor of it now knowing even he disagrees with it?

    I already said that my opinion of coaches not taking a TO in the Bears situation is based on anecdotal evidence of what I saw in similar situations. When you watch as many games as me, it's hard to remember the exact games. So, even if I spent a lot of time looking them up, you would run around in circles with it anyway.

    Still waiting on you to list the coaches you think are better at time management than Nagy. Should be easy since most here know all the coaches.

  15. #345
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    30,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by didshereallysaythat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We went 20 posts without you realizing that I was not in favor of Belichick's decision. Are you still in favor of it now knowing even he disagrees with it?

    I already said that my opinion of coaches not taking a TO in the Bears situation is based on anecdotal evidence of what I saw in similar situations. When you watch as many games as me, it's hard to remember the exact games. So, even if I spent a lot of time looking them up, you would run around in circles with it anyway.

    Still waiting on you to list the coaches you think are better at time management than Nagy. Should be easy since most here know all the coaches.
    Never said I was in favor of it. I said it was not the same as Nagy's situation and that it worked out for him obviously because he baited Carroll into throwing.

    The fact you are not in favor of it just makes it dumber that you used it to try and defend Nagy. At this stage it was a pointless comparison.

    Knowing all the coaches doesn't mean I watch enough of their games to know their time management. I just know that I don't recall seeing someone make so many bad decisions as Nagy. He is definitely from the Andy Reid tree of clock management.

  16. #346
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    11,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Knowing all the coaches doesn't mean I watch enough of their games to know their time management.
    Translation to everyone that reads this thread.

    Remy: "I do not know anything about other coaches, but I am an emotional Bears fan who criticizes everything that Nagy does that I would have done differently, even though I know nothing about coaching. Therefore, I think he is a terrible coach."

    The end.

  17. #347
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    30,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by didshereallysaythat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Translation to everyone that reads this thread.

    Remy: "I do not know anything about other coaches, but I am an emotional Bears fan who criticizes everything that Nagy does that I would have done differently, even though I know nothing about coaching. Therefore, I think he is a terrible coach."

    The end.
    He is a good coach. Terrible in clock management. Just like his mentor. Apple does not fall far from the tree.

  18. #348
    Packer Fan onebud34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Favorite Corner Bar
    Posts
    17,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by didshereallysaythat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    translation to everyone that reads this thread.

    Remy: "i love my vortex."

    the end.
    fify
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by remydat Hidden Content
    I simply stated what I think you think without stating what I personally think.
    Deep thoughts

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by BearsBud Hidden Content
    After he looks dumber than usual and participates in his own dumbage
    Best post ever

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by austtint Hidden Content
    I know when people say stuff idiotic, I respond to them.

  19. #349
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    11,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is a good coach. Terrible in clock management. Just like his mentor. Apple does not fall far from the tree.
    You don't that much football as you just admitted. I do. I watch a lot of games that don't involve the Bears and I think that Nagy was atleast average in clock management which for a rookie coach is pretty good.

  20. #350
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    30,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by didshereallysaythat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You don't that much football as you just admitted. I do. I watch a lot of games that don't involve the Bears and I think that Nagy was atleast average in clock management which for a rookie coach is pretty good.
    Never said that. I said I dont watch enough if their games. I still watch a ton of football.

    It is cool if you think he is average. I think he sucks at it. To each his own.

  21. #351
    CCS HoF: Class of 2014 HeHateMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    slums of shaolin
    Posts
    26,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is a good coach. Terrible in clock management. Just like his mentor. Apple does not fall far from the tree.

    he's still young enough and not too fat to clean that **** up though.

  22. #352
    Packer Fan onebud34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Favorite Corner Bar
    Posts
    17,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HeHateMe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    he's still young enough and not too fat to clean that **** up though.
    Are we referring to the buns at Old Country Buffet?
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by remydat Hidden Content
    I simply stated what I think you think without stating what I personally think.
    Deep thoughts

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by BearsBud Hidden Content
    After he looks dumber than usual and participates in his own dumbage
    Best post ever

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by austtint Hidden Content
    I know when people say stuff idiotic, I respond to them.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •