Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Results 309 to 330 of 352

Thread: Bears' Robinson on Kareem Hunt: "I think guys would welcome him with open arms"

  1. #309
    CCS Donator DaaBears's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Read what I said. Your claim was people only bitch when it does not work out. That is what you said. This is in fact false because before anyone knew whether it would work out or not they criticized in the IGT.

    So whether it worked or not is irrelevant because people were complaining prior to knowing the outcome.
    I love your spirit, there are times on here where I agree with you, but it is time for me to exit this one.

  2. #310
    Packer Fan onebud34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Favorite Corner Bar
    Posts
    17,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well better than citing most coaches and then providing zero coaches that agreed with you.

    Furthermore I cited IGT people because DaaBears was claiming people bitch only when it does not work out. This is objectively false as people bitched at the time prior to knowledge of outcome.
    Ah...the vortex continueth...

    You might as well just say Bill Swerski agrees with you.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by remydat Hidden Content
    I simply stated what I think you think without stating what I personally think.
    Deep thoughts

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by BearsBud Hidden Content
    After he looks dumber than usual and participates in his own dumbage
    Best post ever

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by austtint Hidden Content
    I know when people say stuff idiotic, I respond to them.

  3. #311
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    11,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok you are free to have that opinion just as I am free to say Nagy is one of worst clock managers I have ever seen.
    Who have you seen that is better?

  4. #312
    cursed PrideisBears's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    atlanta land of the golf clap
    Posts
    24,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaaBears View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love your spirit, there are times on here where I agree with you, but it is time for me to exit this one.
    Get back into this vortex!
    There is a difference between woman throwing the pussy around for you to grab and just grabbing pussy. Trump money means itís raining pussy. Winston money means itís sprinkles lol - PAPABEAR77

  5. #313
    CCS Donator DaaBears's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PrideisBears View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Get back into this vortex!
    LMAO busted.

  6. #314
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    11,460

    Default

    Oh, looks like Belichick, you know the hands down best coach in the NFL, most likely would not have called a quick time out.

    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bill-...174650206.html

    He didn't even call a timeout on the play right before Wilson was picked off in the Superbowl.

  7. #315
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    30,023

    Default

    Belichick went on sports radio WEEI on Wednesday and said he didn't call timeout because the personnel group that Seattle put on the field suggested the Seahawks were going to pass, which is what he wanted.

    "... We saw that matchup and we certainly gave some consideration to taking a timeout there and leaving some time on the clock. I don’t know if that would have been a bad thing to do. It might have been a good thing to do. But it just seemed like in the flow of the game that we were OK with where we were."



    Umm Eagles ran twice after the first down. BB said he didnt call time out because he expected pass and he was right. The obvious implication IS that he woulD have called the TO if he thought they were running. So this just makes the Bears look dumber. Not only did they not call a timeout, they did not switch to goal line D to try and force a pass.

  8. #316
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    11,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Belichick went on sports radio WEEI on Wednesday and said he didn't call timeout because the personnel group that Seattle put on the field suggested the Seahawks were going to pass, which is what he wanted.

    "... We saw that matchup and we certainly gave some consideration to taking a timeout there and leaving some time on the clock. I don’t know if that would have been a bad thing to do. It might have been a good thing to do. But it just seemed like in the flow of the game that we were OK with where we were."



    Umm Eagles ran twice after the first down. BB said he didnt call time out because he expected pass and he was right. The obvious implication IS that he woulD have called the TO if he thought they were running. So this just makes the Bears look dumber. Not only did they not call a timeout, they did not switch to goal line D to try and force a pass.
    And for all we know, Nagy wanted them to run because he felt it was their best chance to stop the run and have the Eagles in a 3rd and 4th down since there was enough time on the clock 1:50 when it all started that he could use a few timeouts after the running plays. And even so, the Patriots didn't call TO with 50 seconds remaining, not 1:50. Further, it would have taken atleast 10 seconds for the Seahawks to even show their personnel. So if they showed run and he called timeout, to you he would have been wasting time since you were complaining about time the Bears lost before calling their timeouts.

    The point though is there is a lot that goes into the decisions to call timeouts. It's not black and white like you want to make it out to be. We see the greatest coach of all time decide to run the clock down to a point where a score eliminates all time of Brady (the greatest QB of all time) getting a chance at a realistic drive. Why? Because he liked a matchup. Nagy could have liked a matchup too. In his strategy, which he even said after the game, he didn't consider calling a TO there. And the thing is, it worked too. The Bears got the ball back with plenty of time for the winning FG. They just missed it.

  9. #317
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    30,023

    Default

    1. If Nagy wanted them to run then he is an idiot and even more reason to call timeout instead of waste 40 second.

    2. If the Seahawks showed run then you have to roll with it but the point is BB's decision not to call timeout was aligned with his desire for them to throw. That is what makes him a great coach. Not calling the TO but then wanting them to run is not aligned and pretty stupid.

    3. No one said there wasn't a lot that goes into these decisions but nothing you presented supports your argument. The fact a lot goes into them doesn't mean one cannot make a wrong decision and in fact is likely to result in people messing it up because a lot does in fact go into it.

    4. There is no evidence that Nagy liked a matchup. Only evidence that Bellichek did and he was right. Hence why he is considered a great coach. Trying to use BB's obviously correct decision to justify a rookie HC wasting 40 seconds is truly odd. Nagy has not earned the right for such comparisons yet.

    5. No Nagy's strategy did not work as he still had to rely on a shitty kicker who inevitably missed. If he had left more time on the clock then they could have driven for a GW TD or made the FG attempt a chip shot instead of a 43 yarder.

  10. #318
    Packer Fan onebud34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Favorite Corner Bar
    Posts
    17,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    4. There is no evidence that Nagy liked a matchup. Only evidence that Bellichek did and he was right. Hence why he is considered a great coach. Trying to use BB's obviously correct decision to justify a rookie HC wasting 40 seconds is truly odd. Nagy has not earned the right for such comparisons yet.
    The contradiction keeps the vortex churning
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by remydat Hidden Content
    I simply stated what I think you think without stating what I personally think.
    Deep thoughts

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by BearsBud Hidden Content
    After he looks dumber than usual and participates in his own dumbage
    Best post ever

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by austtint Hidden Content
    I know when people say stuff idiotic, I respond to them.

  11. #319
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    30,023

    Default

    Think you need to look up what the word contradiction means.

  12. #320
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    11,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1. If Nagy wanted them to run then he is an idiot and even more reason to call timeout instead of waste 40 second.

    2. If the Seahawks showed run then you have to roll with it but the point is BB's decision not to call timeout was aligned with his desire for them to throw. That is what makes him a great coach. Not calling the TO but then wanting them to run is not aligned and pretty stupid.

    3. No one said there wasn't a lot that goes into these decisions but nothing you presented supports your argument. The fact a lot goes into them doesn't mean one cannot make a wrong decision and in fact is likely to result in people messing it up because a lot does in fact go into it.

    4. There is no evidence that Nagy liked a matchup. Only evidence that Bellichek did and he was right. Hence why he is considered a great coach. Trying to use BB's obviously correct decision to justify a rookie HC wasting 40 seconds is truly odd. Nagy has not earned the right for such comparisons yet.

    5. No Nagy's strategy did not work as he still had to rely on a shitty kicker who inevitably missed. If he had left more time on the clock then they could have driven for a GW TD or made the FG attempt a chip shot instead of a 43 yarder.
    If we got to replay the final 2 minutes starting where the Eagles had 1st and goal at the 2 yard line, I still wouldn't call timeout there. Bill Belichick said in the same article that I provided that maybe calling TO in the SB was the right thing to do. So even he isn't saying it's cut and dry in that situation. What I find extremely unlikely is that a coach that decides to drop the clock down to 25 seconds instead of using one of their 2 timeouts would at the same time decide to call a timeout with 1:50 to go. No timeout means they both liked the matchups that is obvious.

    For you to say you would have called a TO there is fair. For you to say that Nagy did a "terrible" job at clock management in the entire Eagles game solely based on your personal preference on one play is ridiculous.

  13. #321
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    30,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by didshereallysaythat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we got to replay the final 2 minutes starting where the Eagles had 1st and goal at the 2 yard line, I still wouldn't call timeout there. Bill Belichick said in the same article that I provided that maybe calling TO in the SB was the right thing to do. So even he isn't saying it's cut and dry in that situation. What I find extremely unlikely is that a coach that decides to drop the clock down to 25 seconds instead of using one of their 2 timeouts would at the same time decide to call a timeout with 1:50 to go. No timeout means they both liked the matchups that is obvious.

    For you to say you would have called a TO there is fair. For you to say that Nagy did a "terrible" job at clock management in the entire Eagles game solely based on your personal preference on one play is ridiculous.
    BB said he waited because he expected pass due to his putting in goalline D. Once again the Eagles ran on the next two plays and the Bears did not have goalline D in so his comments don't apply to the actual situation Nagy faced. The trigger for whether you start using timeouts is when the team has 1st and goal because then you can reasonably predict that they only have about 4 plays left. The Seahawks were on the 49 when it was 1:50 left which is not when you call the timeout.

    Umm I noted several instances where they let the play clock get down to the last seconds so it was not just based on this sequence. Nagy has an issue getting plays in on time and the offense is rushed as a result. Probably also helps to contribute to all the pre-snap penalties. However, generally speaking clock management in the last moments of a game are how one is judged on clock management because that is when the timing is most critical. Would you like me to judge him based on how he managed the end of the 3rd quarter?

  14. #322
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    11,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BB said he waited because he expected pass due to his putting in goalline D. Once again the Eagles ran on the next two plays and the Bears did not have goalline D in so his comments don't apply to the actual situation Nagy faced. The trigger for whether you start using timeouts is when the team has 1st and goal because then you can reasonably predict that they only have about 4 plays left. The Seahawks were on the 49 when it was 1:50 left which is not when you call the timeout.

    Umm I noted several instances where they let the play clock get down to the last seconds so it was not just based on this sequence. Nagy has an issue getting plays in on time and the offense is rushed as a result. Probably also helps to contribute to all the pre-snap penalties. However, generally speaking clock management in the last moments of a game are how one is judged on clock management because that is when the timing is most critical. Would you like me to judge him based on how he managed the end of the 3rd quarter?
    Obviously, this is not the case all the time.

    Also, I am still waiting on you to list for me the coaches you think are better than Nagy at time management.

  15. #323
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    11,460

    Default

    Team A doesn't call TO with 1st and goal at the 2 with 1:50 remaining = bad time management.
    Team B doesn't call TO with 2nd and goal at the 1 with :50 remaining = great coaching

    #remylogic

  16. #324
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    30,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by didshereallysaythat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Obviously, this is not the case all the time.

    Also, I am still waiting on you to list for me the coaches you think are better than Nagy at time management.
    Based on the article you posted. Bill Bellichek for sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by didshereallysaythat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Team A doesn't call TO with 1st and goal at the 2 with 1:50 remaining = bad time management.
    Team B doesn't call TO with 2nd and goal at the 1 with :50 remaining = great coaching

    #remylogic
    You seem confused. The great coaching was the fact BB went to goalline to dictate a pass and the result was an Int to win the game.

    What this has to do with the Bears in base D refusing to call a timeout, wasting 40 seconds and the Eagles running two times in a row is beyond me. Especially when the end result was having to rely on a shitty kicker to win the game instead of driving for the GW TD because you had 40 extra seconds.

  17. #325
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    11,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Based on the article you posted. Bill Bellichek for sure.



    You seem confused. The great coaching was the fact BB went to goalline to dictate a pass and the result was an Int to win the game.

    What this has to do with the Bears in base D refusing to call a timeout, wasting 40 seconds and the Eagles running two times in a row is beyond me. Especially when the end result was having to rely on a shitty kicker to win the game instead of driving for the GW TD because you had 40 extra seconds.
    Belichick didn't dictate anything. The Seahawks made a blatant mistake and admitted it. Everyone (including you) would be ripping Belichick had the Seahawks scored and left no time for the Patriots offense.

  18. #326
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    30,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by didshereallysaythat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Belichick didn't dictate anything. The Seahawks made a blatant mistake and admitted it. Everyone (including you) would be ripping Belichick had the Seahawks scored and left no time for the Patriots offense.
    It would be really helpful if you read your own articles that you post.

    Carroll has said that the Seahawks didn't want to run against the Patriots' goal-line defense. If New England was using a good portion of their 11-man unit to stop the run, Seattle might be able to squeeze in a pass by putting out three wide receivers.

    So yes BB dictated the pass. He went to goalline and per your article, Carroll didn't want to run against their goalline D so he went to 3 wide. Sorry.

  19. #327
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    11,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It would be really helpful if you read your own articles that you post.

    Carroll has said that the Seahawks didn't want to run against the Patriots' goal-line defense. If New England was using a good portion of their 11-man unit to stop the run, Seattle might be able to squeeze in a pass by putting out three wide receivers.

    So yes BB dictated the pass. He went to goalline and per your article, Carroll didn't want to run against their goalline D so he went to 3 wide. Sorry.
    With that logic, he could have called timeout first preserving the time. Then came out in goal line defense.

  20. #328
    Packer Fan onebud34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Favorite Corner Bar
    Posts
    17,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think you need to look up what the word contradiction means.
    I'm fully aware of the meaning. You can't keep the vortex churning without it.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by remydat Hidden Content
    I simply stated what I think you think without stating what I personally think.
    Deep thoughts

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by BearsBud Hidden Content
    After he looks dumber than usual and participates in his own dumbage
    Best post ever

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by austtint Hidden Content
    I know when people say stuff idiotic, I respond to them.

  21. #329
    Packer Fan onebud34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Favorite Corner Bar
    Posts
    17,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by didshereallysaythat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Belichick didn't dictate anything. The Seahawks made a blatant mistake and admitted it. Everyone (including you) would be ripping Belichick had the Seahawks scored and left no time for the Patriots offense.
    Yep...I think he left out that part.

    I think it's hilarious he's still cunting over a 1st year HC's clock management. And then doubling down and citing the IGT as proof that people agree with him.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by remydat Hidden Content
    I simply stated what I think you think without stating what I personally think.
    Deep thoughts

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by BearsBud Hidden Content
    After he looks dumber than usual and participates in his own dumbage
    Best post ever

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by austtint Hidden Content
    I know when people say stuff idiotic, I respond to them.

  22. #330
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    11,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onebud34 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep...I think he left out that part.

    I think it's hilarious he's still cunting over a 1st year HC's clock management. And then doubling down and citing the IGT as proof that people agree with him.
    How many people even agreed with him in that thread? 2?

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •