Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Adrian Amos and the Safety Position

Quote Originally Posted by bearsfootball516 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    None of those guys are slot/nickel corners, that's what we're talking about. The graphic at the top of page 3 even says "From the Slot"
    Even as a slot CB he is not elite. If he was elite, he'd be playing the slot position like the guys I mentioned.
    President's bullet-ridden body in the street
    Ride, Johnny ride
    Kennedy's shattered head hits concrete
    Ride, Johnny ride

I do not know if any people here follow Mike Brez on twitter, but he and Amos are going back and forth on Amos' love of the Bears.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickWilly View Post
    Even as a slot CB he is not elite. If he was elite, he'd be playing the slot position like the guys I mentioned.
    He was that good in the slot this season.

CCS Donator

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCity View Post
    I do not know if any people here follow Mike Brez on twitter, but he and Amos are going back and forth on Amos' love of the Bears.
    So he's upset because Baltimore native Adrian Amos likes Ray Lewis more than Urlacher?

I donít think Amosí worth on the open market is going to be as high as he thinks.

I wouldnít be surprised at all to see him test free agency, just to then come back to the Bears.

Quote Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
    I agree with you. Bears will make Amos a semi-fair market offer that's a home town and SB contender discount.

If Amos wants that extra 1-4 mil per year to go to another team, Bears and Amos are fine with the split.

And Bears will NOT sign a better and more expensive FA Safety -- instead they will pay Callahan and get decent FAs in other areas like OLB and RB; and they will either play Bush or Houston-Carson, and/or get a mid-grade FA Safety or draft a Safety.
    I agree with this. IF Amos doesnít come back, I donít think the Bears spend big money on a safety, on a defense thatís already Number 1 and helmed in the secondary by a couple of All Pros. Money and cap room could be better spent elsewhere in the coming years to extend the window.

Let Amos test FA. Focus on Callahan because he IS good. McManis is from my hometown but he is not a starting nickleback other than in regular season part time work. If you need a moment to reflect then remember that last TD the Eagles score was on McManis covering the same play that Fuller just broke up. McManis is a hard worker that has some skill but his instincts cause him to take false steps leaving him unable to close like the starters.

I believe the Bears new DC has worked with some good safeties and can probably coach up what the bears have or may get. So Amos on the cheap or not at all.

Mcmanis should of played the outside and because Floyd was in the path of the football it actually took longer for the play to develop and that's where mcmanis should of already caught up to tate by then... But don't get things wrong that pass was literally thrown perfectly i don't believe mcmanis could have made the play if he wanted to unless he was literally going for the int and was in the path of the football.

Quote Originally Posted by wazzupi View Post
    Mcmanis should of played the outside and because Floyd was in the path of the football it actually took longer for the play to develop and that's where mcmanis should of already caught up to tate by then... But don't get things wrong that pass was literally thrown perfectly i don't believe mcmanis could have made the play if he wanted to unless he was literally going for the int and was in the path of the football.
    He blew the coverage pre snap.

Ben Allbright said that the Broncos are not targeting Earl Thomas, they are looking at Amos.

First time, long time. RiDLer80's Avatar

Amos is solid, but very expendable.
    WestEndZone.com

First safety signing of the off season.

Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet
    43m43 minutes ago
    The #Panthers have signed S Eric Reid to a 3-year contract extension, locking him up through the 2021 season. They were focal about liking what they saw.

Adam Schefter
    ‏@AdamSchefter
    6m6 minutes ago
    On a conference call with reporters, Eric Reid confirmed his new three-year deal with the Carolina Panthers is more than $22 million.

Quote Originally Posted by RiDLer80 View Post
    Amos is solid, but very expendable.
    Considering what the Bears had been through for years at the safety position before they acquired Amos and Jackson, not so sure about that. It all depends on who you match Eddie Jackson up with.

I'm not an Amos hater but at those #s, I let him walk. I suspect games over replacement is negligible in this case and you can't keep everyone. This is where your GMs and coaches keep you a perennial contender by not missing a beat when it becomes necessary to turn over some non key pieces so that you can afford to pay those key pieces. id rather have Bush and Mack than Amos and any other guy not paid like Mack.
    Stupid wall will never keep out aliens. Try to get in to this!
    Hidden Content

I'm not an Amos hater but at those #s, I let him walk. I suspect games over replacement is negligible in this case and you can't keep everyone. This is where your GMs and coaches keep you a perennial contender by not missing a beat when it becomes necessary to turn over some non key pieces so that you can afford to pay those key pieces. I'd rather have Bush and Mack than Amos and any other guy not paid like Mack.
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by bears26 View Post
    Considering what the Bears had been through for years at the safety position before they acquired Amos and Jackson, not so sure about that. It all depends on who you match Eddie Jackson up with.
    Seems that Pace is better at it. 2 starters in 3 years, one top rated. Maybe 3 in 3 if Bush pans out.
    Hidden Content

7/season is the floor for Amos now.

goodbye amos, my guess is he will make 9 per year with the broncos...

windy when will you release a new mock without hunt now that hes a brown?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago4Life View Post
    goodbye amos, my guess is he will make 9 per year with the broncos...

windy when will you release a new mock without hunt now that hes a brown?
    It will change the draft as well.

I think the Ried deal also confirms that Amos is like 90% out the door.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234