Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'll continue to look for info., on the playoffs....but I'm confident that when a team goes ahead in the playoffs....90% of the time they don't loss.

Before Super Bowl LI, teams won 99.8% of games they led by 25

--profootballtalk.nbcsports.com

In the last 20 years, how many win playoff games with 7 at garbage time? 0. Lots of playoff games where the loser scored 21 which was what the Colts scored, not 25. How or when you get those points has little to do with it. Leads like that occur when you happen to suck on a given day. When you're sucking, you don't come back either and lose. Amazing revelation!

No other team averaged less than 15 points in this years playoffs. 21 was right at the average points scored so the Colts were no scoring juggernaut. Houston was lucky to get 7 that game. Colts also allowed 31 points the following week so...

Houston O was simply poor and that poor play was led by Watson in that particular game. He actually played worse than his 69 rating. It was easily the worst performance by a QB in this years playoffs other than Goff in the SB which was close both by stats and a simple eye test. Houston D had an average day judging by average points scored this postseason but had no help from the O which makes it rough on them as well. Goff's performance gets a thread started about 'what are the Rams going to do with him?' A similar performance from Watson has you projecting him to win this year's championship. I wouldn't be dwelling on this because Watson is usually a better player than that day (so is Goff) but your nonsensical posting is forcing it.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Idiot can't even recognize sarcasm. Quoting 1/2 a sentence isn't helping the intent there.

Have the balls to post me directly. I wasn't referring the OP to an article TITLE.......do u know what means? If u meant something else
say what u mean by 1/2 sentence ....which 1/2 sentence

Next:

Explain how
Quote Originally Posted by Bearly View Post
......putting him (Watson) on a well rounded modern O plus our D would make it worse for him and not allow him to win that SB.

Never-mind he's in a "modern O". Also Explain .. how would Houston having and replacing their "D" players with our Bear "D" players
"not allow him to win that SB." Or have a chance to get to a SB

Quote Originally Posted by Bearly View Post
............plus our D would make it worse for him (Watson) and not allow him to win that SB

LOL......again and I'll break it down for YOU.....If Watson (and Houston) had OUR Bear Defensive ( that means our Defensive players replacing his
teams Houston Defensive players
).........How would having the #1 Bear "D" be worst for Watson and not help in getting to the SB.
-----

Bonus question: If any team had OUR Bear Defensive players ( #1 NFL"D")vs THEIR OWN Defensive players......why wouldn't enhance that teams chance of getting to the SB. Or AS YOU SAY......be be worst for them

Don't get mad or belligerent....I've USED... YOUR OWN QUOTES as a bases for the questions.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Quote Originally Posted by run and shoot View Post
I'll continue to look for info., on the playoffs....but I'm confident that when a team goes ahead in the playoffs....90% of the time they don't loss.

Before Super Bowl LI, teams won 99.8% of games they led by 25

--profootballtalk.nbcsports.com

In the last 20 years, how many win playoff games with 7 at garbage time? 0. Lots of playoff games where the loser scored 21 which was what the Colts scored, not 25. How or when you get those points has little to do with it. Leads like that occur when you happen to suck on a given day. When you're sucking, you don't come back either and lose. Amazing revelation!

No other team averaged less than 15 points in this years playoffs. 21 was right at the average points scored so the Colts were no scoring juggernaut. Houston was lucky to get 7 that game. Colts also allowed 31 points the following week so...

Houston O was simply poor and that poor play was led by Watson in that particular game. He actually played worse than his 69 rating. It was easily the worst performance by a QB in this years playoffs other than Goff in the SB which was close both by stats and a simple eye test. Houston D had an average day judging by average points scored this postseason but had no help from the O which makes it rough on them as well. Goff's performance gets a thread started about 'what are the Rams going to do with him?' A similar performance from Watson has you projecting him to win this year's championship. I wouldn't be dwelling on this because Watson is usually a better player than that day (so is Goff) but your nonsensical posting is forcing it.

In the last 20 years, how many win playoff games with 7 at garbage time?
....and this has what to do with what do with me and what the OP were discussing? The point was as it relates to this years playoffs is that when ya' fall behind, ya' typically don't come back to win.

My point with the article was that I was trying to come up with something that related to what were the %'s of teams that came back from playoff deficits to win. So far that article was the best I could do for now.

Unfortunately...the article was was about SB's.....not playoff history. I admit it.
---

Lots of playoff games where the loser scored 21 which was what the Colts scored, not 25. How or when you get those points has little to do with it. Leads like that occur when you happen to suck on a given day. When you're sucking, you don't come back either and lose.
And the Houston "D" let Colts score 21pts. thus putting the Houston "O" in a "catch-up" passing mode for the rest of the game.
---

Houston O was simply poor and that poor play was led by Watson in that particular game. He actually played worse than his 69 rating. It was easily the worst performance by a QB in this years playoffs.

Watson was playing from a Houston "D" induced 21pt deficit. He did well not to fling 3-4 INTS. trying to come back in the face of blitzes and 7-9 man coverage schemes to prevent him from passing ( when they KNEW he had to pass). Goff in the SB was different scenario ( bad "O" play-calling hurt the Rams near the end.....thus costing them game).

-------------------------------

Houston D had an average day judging by average points scored this postseason but had no help from the O which makes it rough on them as well.

No other team averaged less than 15 points in this years playoffs. 21 was right at the average points scored

LOL.....again the Houston's "D" put the "O" at a 21pt deficit, hence allowing the Colts to control time of possession( Mack had 148 yrs. rushing).

how many teams had to rebound from a 21pt to zero deficit by the first half in this yrs. playoffs???

------------

Goff's performance gets a thread started about 'what are the Rams going to do with him?' A similar performance from Watson has you projecting him to win this year's championship. I wouldn't be dwelling on this because Watson is usually a better player than that day (so is Goff) but your nonsensical posting is forcing it.

The Goff thing is something for another thread...it's outta place here. I'd be happy to discuss him somewhere else.

A similar performance from Watson has you projecting him to win this year's championship.

NO NO NO....lol. Your doing it again. You are projecting yet another lie. I never said I "projected" Watson "to win this year's championship" What's "nonsensical" is for you to continue "forcing" and trying to slip this lie in about Watson.

NOW.......

What I said was IF Houston had our Bears "D" (meaning ALL OUR BEAR "D" players, playing for Houston)....THEN the Texans (with Watson) would have a better shot at making it to the SB. IMO I posted this several times in this thread.

Earlier I said Mahomes & the Chiefs would've had a better chance of getting to the SB, if they had our Bears "D"
(meaning ALL OUR BEAR "D" players, playing for the Chiefs ).

Stop "giggling" and start reading the posted evidence b4 u post. It'll help ur credibility.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm sure you killed this thread with idiot posting. Member checking in, seeing a bunch of disingenuous words under your handle and clicking out. Everyone saw that game and no one but you is defending Watson's play in it. Like I said, it's not his defining moment but all you managed to do is put a spotlight on it. Every time you say he didn't play like shit, as young QBs happen to do at times, everyone here does a mental facepalm.

LOL at you scolding me for not addressing you directly after I did. If I want to comment on you being an idiot when you're idioting, I will do so. Unfortunately, that is most of the time. Seems that almost every time you run into a thread, you shit on it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am still confused how one can argue that teams don't come back after falling behind yet try to excuse Watson for his O scoring zero points for 3 and a half quarters.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am still confused how one can argue that teams don't come back after falling behind yet try to excuse Watson for his O scoring zero points for 3 and a half quarters.

Trust me, you're not the one whose confused here. I've never seen anyone feel so empowered by it. We have our bouts but at least we know from where the other speaks.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:

I am still confused why you need to use an opinion poll to decide if Watson or Trubisky has had the better NFL career thus far.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Good thing I never did that. Another strawman.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm sure you killed this thread with idiot posting. Member checking in, seeing a bunch of disingenuous words under your handle and clicking out. Everyone saw that game and no one but you is defending Watson's play in it. Like I said, it's not his defining moment but all you managed to do is put a spotlight on it. Every time you say he didn't play like shit, as young QBs happen to do at times, everyone here does a mental facepalm.

LOL at you scolding me for not addressing you directly after I did. If I want to comment on you being an idiot when you're idioting, I will do so. Unfortunately, that is most of the time. Seems that almost every time you run into a thread, you shit on it.

When you try to come at me, I address all your crazy bogus points (i.e. foolishly saying our Bear "D" players would not help and/or make it "worse" for Watson & Houston to make it to SB). How stupid was it, for u to say to it would be"worse" for Houston to have our "D" players. I have the asinine QUOTE. So I'm ready to prove u said it.

LOL at you scolding me for not addressing you directly after I did.
You almiost never back up anything when questioned. Plus you LIE. I've asked many questions and you've either lied or avoided answering them.

How many times have we caught u lying.
...everyone here does a mental facepalm. .
^^^^ here's another LIE. One poster does a facepalm and in your twisted, obtuse world that equates to "everyone" :obama:

......seeing a bunch of disingenuous words
Name ONE disingenuous word I've said???
DO it....name ONE disingenuous word
-----------

Bottom line, I've always kicked your ass when you try to negatively come at me on any topic. What makes it fun for me is... I use YOUR own obtuse, asinine, disingenuous QUOTES to kick ur ass.

Mitchapalooza

Run and Shit has the absolute worst posting style of all time. Jesus christ.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fits the content.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Why does this keep being a question? Maholmes is the answer hands down.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

True I said the earlier the box scores showed that this yrs playoff teams typically were unable to come when falling behind.

On Watson my point was that the Houston "D" put the "O" in 21pt deficit by halftime. I knew the "O" was not going to put up 3-4 TD'S vs a combo of blitzes coupled with 8-9 man coverage. Now...if u want to come down on Watson, I'll say this..... after watching more film, he no business signaling " first down" after some of his rushing yards. Your down 21pts, there should be NO showboating. SO I'll fault him that faux pas

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If Watson had scored 21 pts at the half then they wouldnt be 3-4 TDs behind. Point is the O is part of the reason they were so far behind or do you think O points at halftime is good O?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
If Watson had scored 21 pts at the half then they wouldnt be 3-4 TDs behind. Point is the O is part of the reason they were so far behind or do you think O points at halftime is good O?

I would have to look at the play-by-play summary. I'm pretty sure that the Colts controlled time of possession in the 1st half.

What I do remember is the Colts scoring on 3 str8 drives in the 1st half. No the Houston "O" did not come right back and score
( I would have to look at the play-by-play summary to see why.) No 0 points is not good

My speculation is..Houston punted the ball 2 more x's figuring the "D" will hold 'em, we'll play our game and close the gap. Didn't happen.

Next thing we know Houston is down 21 pts at the half ( and needing to pass on every down vs 8-9 man coverage).

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Here let me help you.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=401038952

Colts score. Houston goes 3 and out.

Colts score. Watson throws a pick.

Colts are intercepted. Houston goes 3 and out again.

Colts score. Houston turns it over on downs. Colts get ball back and half ends.

Now let's pause for a second. Whose fault is it that the Texans went 3 and out twice and threw a pick on another possession? I can only blame the O for that. Then when they had 4th and 1 at the Indy 9 where a 1st down maybe gets them a TD, whose fault is it that Watson threw incomplete?

The D sucked. However, the O also sucked. Yes the Colts won ToP on the first half but that is because the Houston O did nothing for 3 out of their 4 drives. You can't win ToP if the O is going 3 and out and throwing picks.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post

I would have to look at the play-by-play summary. I'm pretty sure that the Colts controlled time of possession in the 1st half.

What I do remember is the Colts scoring on 3 str8 drives in the 1st half. No the Houston "O" did not come right back and score
( I would have to look at the play-by-play summary to see why.) No 0 points is not good

My speculation is..Houston punted the ball 2 more x's figuring the "D" will hold 'em, we'll play our game and close the gap. Didn't happen.

Next thing we know Houston is down 21 pts at the half ( and needing to pass on every down vs 8-9 man coverage).

Here let me help you.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=401038952

Colts score. Houston goes 3 and out.

Colts score. Watson throws a pick.

Colts are intercepted. Houston goes 3 and out again.

Colts score. Houston turns it over on downs. Colts get ball back and half ends.

Now let's pause for a second. Whose fault is it that the Texans went 3 and out twice and threw a pick on another possession? I can only blame the O for that. Then when they had 4th and 1 at the Indy 9 where a 1st down maybe gets them a TD, whose fault is it that Watson threw incomplete?

The D sucked. However, the O also sucked. Yes the Colts won ToP on the first half but that is because the Houston O did nothing for 3 out of their 4 drives. You can't win ToP if the O is going 3 and out and throwing picks.

Sure so a lot of this was touched on the 3&outs, Houston maybe thinking they had time to rebound or continue "playing their game". I think the only Watson pick came toward the end of the 1st qtr when they trying to overcome the deficit.

The next thing I'd like to do is see film that shows the type of pass protection being employed and if it was effective. And did pass protection have anything to with some of the 3&outs. In terms of maturity, I did mention earlier that Watson was unnecessarily showboating.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lol so the Texans went 3 and out because they thought they had time to come back?

Ok dude. Watson sucked. No need to overanalyze things.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Lol so the Texans went 3 and out because they thought they had time to come back?

Ok dude. Watson sucked. No need to overanalyze things.

I also said they probably still thought they could play their game ( their game-plan) all that went out the window with the 21pt deficit.

Houston "D" put 'em behind. Colts controlled the game. Watson did what he could given the deficit and the pass protection (sacks 3-18).
Luck.....0 sacks.
------
“The pressure was there,” he said. “I couldn’t step into my throws. It wasn’t where I was sitting there by myself with a full pocket. Guys were in my face and I was trying to make throws like that.”

“I don’t think any quarterback can step into that throw and get their full strength and their lower body into it,” he continued. “A lot of balls can be low. That was it, really.”

-Deshaun Watson....talks about pass protection in the Colts playoff game

Article: Texans struggle to protect Watson in 21-7 loss to Colts
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...debd3c74da69&usg=AOvVaw3vcl-Pp3cUytC45sOiSw4g
---------

Article:

The Texans can save Deshaun Watson by following the Colts’ example this offseason

The Colts showed the Texans the blueprint on how to build an offensive line and protect a quarterback.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...ck-nfl-draft&usg=AOvVaw1V_I2yk0cpc-QKJcJ-w7ND

From the above article:

Here is the starting OL Houston walked into their playoff game with.

Left tackle: Julie’n Davenport, 2017 fourth-round pick
Left guard: Senio Kelemete, 2012 fifth-round pick on his third team
Center: Nick Martin, 2016 second-round pick
Right guard: Zach Fulton, 2014 sixth-round pick on his second team
Right tackle: Kendall Lamm, undrafted in 2015

:smh:

----
Here's the Colts starting OL:
BAM!
Left tackle: Anthony Castonzo, 2011 first-round pick
Left guard: Quenton Nelson, 2018 first-round pick
Center: Ryan Kelly, 2016 first-round pick
Right guard: Mark Glowinski, 2015 fourth-round pick on his second team
Right tackle: Braden Smith, 2018 second-round pick

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL. Just glanced back and now you are actually using the argument I projected when you complained that Watson on the Bears wasn't in your prediction that Watson would have won a SB with the Bear D.

How's that for disingenuous?

I wasn't going to answer why your posts are disingenuous because you're a bore but 1/2 quotes that take them out of context is another good example. Quoting the green portion only, so to not look sarcastic, is weak. Nobody cares if your opinion is different. It's how you represent them, run to mods and play the victim that compounds your ignorance.

You had a run and shit fit over this post and now mimicked it.:lmao:
Idiot.

Watson contingent argues about the poor Houston OL, poor O scheme and personnel besides one WR as reasons for Watson not being more special yet putting him on a well rounded modern O plus our D would make it worse for him and not allow him to win that SB. Got it.

Idiots will idiot.
If I had made this stuff up, nobody'd believe it.