Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 45 to 66 of 141

Thread: Watson vs Mahomes vs Trubisky: 2017 1st Round QB Year 2 Reflection

  1. #45
    Huevos Rancheros Burque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    7,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not imagined, real and not the Beatles.
    It was the Beatle that mattered the most....

  2. #46
    Huevos Rancheros Burque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    7,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did the Patriots expose him or their Defense that's been exposed all season long?
    Probably a little of both. The fact that they put up 24 points in the 4th quarter says a lot about what the Pats D accomplished early.


    In the first game of the year they went into halftime down 24-9 I think the D did alright to keep them in it in the second half of that game.

  3. #47
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    29,941

    Default

    Difficult to say someone was exposed when they hang 31 on you in the second half. Obviously struggled in the 1st half but seemingly figured it out by the 2nd half.

  4. #48
    Premium Member CRM 114's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    9,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastBearsFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wonít drop off a cliff but we should expect a drop off In production


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed but his numbers will still likely be significantly better than Mitch's.

  5. #49
    Monday Morning QB playthrough2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Club
    Posts
    5,761

    Default

    I think Mitch is a leader in the mold of Jonathan Toews. He has the same vanilla personality but he’s an incredibly hard worker that is respected by everyone in the locker room. Like Toews, he’s not the most talented guy on the team but he’s more than good enough at his position to help win a championship.

    When I look at Mitch, I think Toews. Both were probably over drafted too. The guy drafted right after Toews has over 100 more career points but drafting is an inexact science.

  6. #50
    All-Star hebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,647

    Default Watson vs Mahomes vs Trubisky: 2017 1st Round QB Year 2 Reflection

    Quote Originally Posted by Sagbear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Imagine Mahomes not being able to sit for a year behind a good veteran QB whos biggest strengths are Mahomes biggest weaknesses and a coaching staff thats been able to groom him, Imagine him being thrust into our starting line up with Fox as his head coach and Inman as his #1 receiver.
    If Pace drafts Mahomes, Fox and Inman are both still here. Eff that...

    Khalil Mack isnít here and Roquan Smith is probably drafted before the Bears pick. Again... Eff that.

    Getting Nagy was the real win for this franchise. He could be here for the next 25 years.

    Having the best QB in the league doesnít win you 6 Superbowls. (Right Rodgers?) Having the best coach does. And thatís what Iím hoping we got in Nagy here in the coming years.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #51
    Ripped Off Member Bearly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    19,726

    Default

    If Mitch turns into a franchise QB, Pace's move and pick were a success. The rest is noise.
    Stupid wall will never keep out aliens. Try to get in to this!
    Hidden Content

  8. #52
    All-Star dbldrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sagbear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Imagine Mahomes not being able to sit for a year behind a good veteran QB whos biggest strengths are Mahomes biggest weaknesses and a coaching staff thats been able to groom him, Imagine him being thrust into our starting line up with Fox as his head coach and Inman as his #1 receiver.
    jay cutler 2.0?

  9. #53
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    29,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hebs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Pace drafts Mahomes, Fox and Inman are both still here. Eff that...

    Khalil Mack isn’t here and Roquan Smith is probably drafted before the Bears pick. Again... Eff that.

    Getting Nagy was the real win for this franchise. He could be here for the next 25 years.

    Having the best QB in the league doesn’t win you 6 Superbowls. (Right Rodgers?) Having the best coach does. And that’s what I’m hoping we got in Nagy here in the coming years.
    What an odd thing to see. It is obvious that the WR corps would have been addressed no matter what. It is also odd to just magically assume Mahomes would have somehow saved Fox's job as Pace would still likely have the desire for a O coach to groom the young QB.

    Quote Originally Posted by dbldrew View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    jay cutler 2.0?
    Only on a Bears message board can fans try and find reasons to justify not take a dude with 50 TDs. LMFAO!

  10. #54
    All-Star dbldrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Only on a Bears message board can fans try and find reasons to justify not take a dude with 50 TDs. LMFAO!
    you think he would of had 50TD under Fox and loggins very predictable playcalling? with no WR? LMFAO

    the point your missing is the great Mahomes would never of been the Great Mahomes being thrust into our shit show..

    Shit show + gunslinger = Cutler 2.0

  11. #55
    CCS Donator Leon Sandcastle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,844

    Default

    Did anyone here expect anything different this season?

    I expected Watson > Mahomes > Trubisky

    Trubisky was never going to come in and be better in the short term. All we can do is hope he becomes what Pace originally saw in him.

    But dont let the "facts" get in the way of the troll fest.
    Last edited by Leon Sandcastle; 02-09-2019 at 11:43 AM.
    "Negative people don't want solutions. Solutions mean they have to work to find something else to be negative about!"

    Grimson as the Bears are down 0-14 against Arizona "This is amazing... I can't stop laughing"

    Hidden Content

  12. #56
    Veteran Armyhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    60

    Default

    I think Mahomes' production will drop slightly next year but the kid is damn good. I was one of those that wanted Jamal Adams in 2017 but Mahomes was the QB I wanted.

    Having said that I'm still happy with Mitch so far and only expect him to get better. What are we going to call this thread next month?

  13. #57
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    29,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbldrew View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you think he would of had 50TD under Fox and loggins very predictable playcalling? with no WR? LMFAO

    the point your missing is the great Mahomes would never of been the Great Mahomes being thrust into our shit show..

    Shit show + gunslinger = Cutler 2.0
    Not what I am saying at all. I am saying this dumb hypothetical is a poor attempt by Bears fans to rationalize us passing on a guy that put up 50 TDs this year. If Mahomes had sucked this year then this debate would not exist. Ya'll only coming up with this dumb shit because he had 50 TDs. That is the point.

  14. #58
    Just your everyday fail. Schmidtaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Lost OMW to the Point
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CRM 114 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not seeing the similarities. That thread is an opinion piece. This thread is about the facts.
    About fact eh? Last time I checked, Watson sucked in the wildcard round and probably played the worst game of his career. Trubisky had a mediocre game but showed at the end that he could put us in a place to win. His second half was good. Those are facts...

    Jay Cutler doesn't do what Jay Cutler does for Jay Cutler. Jay Cutler does what Jay Cutler does because Jay Cutler is, Jay Cutler!

    I disagree to disagree to your assumption that me disagreeing to your agreement is a disagreeable agreeance between us.

    Warning, the following may be Not Safe For Work or a storyline spoiler.

  15. #59
    All-Star hebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What an odd thing to see. It is obvious that the WR corps would have been addressed no matter what. It is also odd to just magically assume Mahomes would have somehow saved Fox's job as Pace would still likely have the desire for a O coach to groom the young QB.
    Why is it odd? If Mahomes squeaks out a 9-7 season with Fox, how can you magically assume Fox would be still be fired? Maybe he just brings in a new OC like DeFillipo?

    Or does it just have to fit a narrative you prefer, to be plausible?

    For the record, I wanted Mahomes very early in the draft process.

    Also for the record, I think you can easily win a Super Bowl with any of the 3.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #60
    All-Star
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    165

    Default

    To this date and statistically yes both have been better but they didnít have John Fox retarding their development either. I expect him surpass Watson this upcoming season and be pretty close to Mahomes.

  17. #61
    All-Star halftime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hebs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why is it odd? If Mahomes squeaks out a 9-7 season with Fox, how can you magically assume Fox would be still be fired? Maybe he just brings in a new OC like DeFillipo?

    Or does it just have to fit a narrative you prefer, to be plausible?

    For the record, I wanted Mahomes very early in the draft process.

    Also for the record, I think you can easily win a Super Bowl with any of the 3.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Fox was already a lame duck with one foot out the door. These are just pathetic attempts to justify passing on the far superior QB. IMO, if Pace had drafted Mahomes we'd have had a historic turnaround and a SB trophy. This season would have been legendary.

    Instead we're headed into season four with Trubisky, who's average at best.
    Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it. - George Halas

  18. #62
    All-Star dbldrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not what I am saying at all. I am saying this dumb hypothetical is a poor attempt by Bears fans to rationalize us passing on a guy that put up 50 TDs this year. If Mahomes had sucked this year then this debate would not exist. Ya'll only coming up with this dumb shit because he had 50 TDs. That is the point.
    Except I never said anything on passing up on him in the draft. I responded to sagbear saying that imagine if Mahomes was put into the Bears situation Fox/Shit WR etc..

    I replied with Cutler 2.0

    you brought 50TD and passing up in the draft to ME. Now the only reason you would bring up the 50TD to me is that you would still think that he would get 50TD under fox/loggans run team and not be cutler 2.0, OR your own vortex has you confused and your applying arguments that you have with others in this thread to me..

  19. #63
    CCS Donator Leon Sandcastle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by halftime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fox was already a lame duck with one foot out the door. These are just pathetic attempts to justify passing on the far superior QB. IMO, if Pace had drafted Mahomes we'd have had a historic turnaround and a SB trophy. This season would have been legendary.

    Instead we're headed into season four with Trubisky, who's average at best.
    "Negative people don't want solutions. Solutions mean they have to work to find something else to be negative about!"

    Grimson as the Bears are down 0-14 against Arizona "This is amazing... I can't stop laughing"

    Hidden Content

  20. #64
    All-Star hebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by halftime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fox was already a lame duck with one foot out the door. These are just pathetic attempts to justify passing on the far superior QB. IMO, if Pace had drafted Mahomes we'd have had a historic turnaround and a SB trophy. This season would have been legendary.

    Instead we're headed into season four with Trubisky, who's average at best.
    lol... change your tampon.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #65
    All-Star WestCoastBearsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    3,857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by halftime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fox was already a lame duck with one foot out the door. These are just pathetic attempts to justify passing on the far superior QB. IMO, if Pace had drafted Mahomes we'd have had a historic turnaround and a SB trophy. This season would have been legendary.

    Instead we're headed into season four with Trubisky, who's average at best.
    Are you seriously going to ignore he fell into a perfect situation in KC? Yes Mahomes is special and has a chance to be an all time great and we should have taken him over Mitch but so is his situation.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #66
    Anti-Sportshoopla Leomaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by halftime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fox was already a lame duck with one foot out the door. These are just pathetic attempts to justify passing on the far superior QB. IMO, if Pace had drafted Mahomes we'd have had a historic turnaround and a SB trophy. This season would have been legendary.

    Instead we're headed into season four with Trubisky, who's average at best.

    First of all, you cannot prove what you say about Mahomes, it is all conjecture. It is nice to fool oneself into believing something better would happen if only this one thing happened.
    Does Anybody Remember Laughter?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •