Watson vs Mahomes vs Trubisky: 2017 1st Round QB Year 2 Reflection

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would have to look at the play-by-play summary. I'm pretty sure that the Colts controlled time of possession in the 1st half.

What I do remember is the Colts scoring on 3 str8 drives in the 1st half. No the Houston "O" did not come right back and score
( I would have to look at the play-by-play summary to see why.) No 0 points is not good

My speculation is..Houston punted the ball 2 more x's figuring the "D" will hold 'em, we'll play our game and close the gap. Didn't happen.

Next thing we know Houston is down 21 pts at the half ( and needing to pass on every down vs 8-9 man coverage).

Houston had a shot to score right before the half in the red zone. Watson threw it in the dirt on 4th and 1.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Adi, he's useless for any real back and forth.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
To be fair to Deshaun, that’s one of the worst pass blocking o lines I’ve seen in a while. It’s not from time to time it’s been his entire career in Houston

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great observation

and post #251....... totally backs up your observation
http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...2-Reflection?p=3310488&viewfull=1#post3310488
------

Trubs' OL

LT 72 Leno Jr., Charles 14/ 7 round
LG 68 Daniels, James 18/ 2 round
C 65 Whitehair, Cody 16/ 2round
RG 75 LONG, KYLE 13/ 1round
RT 70 Massie, Bobby U/Arz UDFA

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Totally unfair representation of our OL this year. Long and Daniel only played a few games together plus Long wasn't better than a backup while coming off injury in the playoff game The Bear line had a journeyman at G most of the year. 14 games were started by either Kush or Witzmann. Add to that that Daniel was learning a new spot and not slated to start this year except out of need and the G spot didn't play anything like a vet 2nd and 1st round pick. I expect exceptional play from them next year but this one was anything but that from the G spot overall.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Trubs' OL

LT 72 Leno Jr., Charles 14/ 7 round
LG 68 Daniels, James 18/ 2 round
C 65 Whitehair, Cody 16/ 2round
RG 75 LONG, KYLE 13/ 1round
RT 70 Massie, Bobby U/Arz UDFA

At this point we have a much better OL than Houston, but it's not on par with the Colts OL. I would still spend a high draft choice on a O-lineman. We could still use another good O-lineman or 2. We need good protection on the blind-side. Trubs needs the best OL possible to alleviate any problems with him hitting wr's, moving the ball and scoring.

All along I've wondered why certain teams couldn't rise to a "playoff-level" i.e. Houston's "O" & OL. Why can't a team magically overcome a 21pt deficit in the 2nd half of a playoff game. Whats really keeping a team from sustaining drives in playoff conditions. Note: the playoffs are at a much higher level the reg. season.

Well it goes back to the basics.....the game is won or lost at the LOS. Some teams just didn't have a playoff-caliber OL i.e. Houston. If ya' can't open holes for the RB's and protect the Qb...ur done in the playoffs.

Bottom line......the game is won or lost at the LOS.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
See what I mean, Adipost?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Funny how some can't understand the concept of building a good, competitive OL ( ppl. are drafted to play their natural positions) Where if one guy goes out another one can step in and play decently.

Original point / observation was (based on OL depth chart) we have a much better OL than Houston, but it's not on par with the Colts OL. Other prior points & comments: Watson had a terrible playoff game....observation Houston has a sub-standard OL, Original comment:Watson & Mahomes would have a better chance getting to a SB if they had the #1 Bear "D" ( rather than their own "D").

A big part of back & forth commentary is accurately remembering & being able to accurately refer to a poster(s) Original point and /or Original observation.....before commenting

Original topic: Watson vs Mahomes vs Trubisky: 2017 1st Round QB Year 2 Reflection

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Comprehension of an Idiot. Take a look at the SB champs OL while you're at it.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Reading and comprehension skills plays a huge role in accurately understanding and processing an Original point / observation/ question. Hence, a big part of back & forth commentary / discussion. Decent writing skills also help.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Back on topic:Watson vs Mahomes vs Trubisky: 2017 1st Round QB Year 2 Reflection
Regardless of the #'s I have these guys ranked as follows:

Mahomes: 50 TD 12 INT 66% 5097 yards 113.8 rating

Watson: 26 TD 7 INT 68.3% 4165 yards 103.1 rating

Trubisky: 24 TD 12 INT 66.7% 3223 yards* 95.4 rating

I feel at this point as Qb's Mahomes and Watson have made the biggest impacts on their team.

Going into the 2019 Trubisky has a chance to make a larger impact. The thing I feel Trubisky needs to do is stop missing open wr's with errant passes in key situations. When he fixes that problem, we'll have more sustained scoring drives.

All we need is to score 21 to 28 pts. a game ( our "D" had been holding teams to less than 20pts/gm)... and we should be right back in the playoffs, barring serious injuries.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I have no clue what this thread is about right now

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's about Playoff Ds rushing vertical against mobile QBs and why we saw Goff, Watson and Trubs not have horizontal lanes to escape but one of them getting all sorts of excuses for having the odd bad game.

Then again, it might just be multi quoting performance art.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Can I be on ignore, please?
Throw out a few Run and Shit's and he will "threaten" you with ignore then put you on ignore after just a few more. He has paper snowflake thin skin.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Throw out a few Run and Shit's and he will "threaten" you with ignore then put you on ignore after just a few more. He has paper snowflake thin skin.

He's reported me in the past after misquoting me and me taking off on him for it. Even used the sarcastic 1/2 of a sentence in this thread like it was something I intended. Deserves zero slack. Sometimes I get a bad feeling like I may be having a laugh at the expense a 'special' poster but then I come to my senses and realize he's just an idiot.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Whats sad is a 'special' poster being caught in LIES. When confronted with the truth ( in form of the verifiable post # containing the full quotes with answers).......'special' poster redirects or resorts to 3rd grade name-calling tactics to avoid honesty and further exposure .
The cool thing here is that everything anyone says is documented. Hence, it's so easy to prove when someone has lied, misquoted someone etc.

They say #'s don't lie. Well here in this forum.... original quotes don't lie nor do verifiable posts with the accompanied number
--------

Posters

Original topic & subject matter is: Watson vs Mahomes vs Trubisky: 2017 1st Round QB Year 2 Reflection

Not the N.E. OL or Jared Goff

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This thread should now be moved to Beliefs & Idiology