Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Watson vs Mahomes vs Trubisky: 2017 1st Round QB Year 2 Reflection

Default Watson vs Mahomes vs Trubisky: 2017 1st Round QB Year 2 Reflection

I took a look the stats for Watson, Mahomes and Trubisky.

Mahomes: 50 TD 12 INT 66% 5097 yards 113.8 rating

Watson: 26 TD 7 INT 68.3% 4165 yards 103.1 rating

Trubisky: 24 TD 12 INT 66.7% 3223 yards* 95.4 rating

**Only played 14 games

As you can see Trubisky is lagging behind the quarterbacks that Pace deemed he was better than in almost every category. Some of these aren't even close either. Mahomes had a record breaking season and was able to take his team much further in the playoffs despite having a historically bad defense. Watson was able to have success despite having Bill O'Brien as head coach. Trubisky has the coach of the year and a great defense and couldn't in some areas come close to the production of Mahomes and Watson. Remember it wasn't Pace's job to get an average/good QB, it was his job to get the best QB available and the early results show just how much he failed to do so.

Slow and steady wins the race and it is very early but right now it looks like what I thought would happen is happening. Trubisky will need a lot of help to have a deep playoff run which will be borderline impossible in a few years when Trubisky demands an elite QB contract. At least Watson and Mahomes will have earned their contracts and will be able to carry their teams. Will Trubisky be able to do the same? The numbers and the eye test say no.

Quote Originally Posted by CRM 114 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

**Only played 14 games

As you can see Trubisky is lagging behind the quarterbacks that Pace deemed he was better than in almost every category. Some of these aren't even close either. Mahomes had a record breaking season and was able to take his team much further in the playoffs despite having a historically bad defense. Watson was able to have success despite having Bill O'Brien as head coach. Trubisky has the coach of the year and a great defense and couldn't in some areas come close to the production of Mahomes and Watson. Remember it wasn't Pace's job to get an average/good QB, it was his job to get the best QB available and the early results show just how much he failed to do so.

Slow and steady wins the race and it is very early but right now it looks like what I thought would happen is happening. Trubisky will need a lot of help to have a deep playoff run which will be borderline impossible in a few years when Trubisky demands an elite QB contract. At least Watson and Mahomes will have earned their contracts and will be able to carry their teams. Will Trubisky be able to do the same? The numbers and the eye test say no.
    Not seeing that ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Not seeing that ever happen.
    It will. Look at some of the other mediocre QBs who have e.g. Stafford, Carr, Flacco, Cousins etc.

It will. Look at some of the other mediocre QBs who have e.g. Stafford, Carr, Flacco, Cousins etc.
    All better than Trubisky no matter what any doofus homers here think.

All-Star

**Only played 14 games

Whatís the comparison between Trubisky and Watson if you use total yards instead of passing yards? Also Watson has Hopkins to throw to, you have to factor that into the equation as he is one of the top 5 WRs in the game.

More of the same shit. This discussion has been had several times already. Is there some new information or new point you are trying to make?

Monday Morning QB playthrough2001's Avatar

Wow what a great thread. It reminds me of this...

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/s...-going-forward

Quote Originally Posted by kerschbs View Post
    What’s the comparison between Trubisky and Watson if you use total yards instead of passing yards? Also Watson has Hopkins to throw to, you have to factor that into the equation as he is one of the top 5 WRs in the game.
    He doesn't give a shit. He's just trying to elicit a reaction.

All better than Trubisky no matter what any doofus homers here think.
    I'm shocked your 27,000 idiotic posts didn't get you into the Hall of Fame. The committee must not have recognized your true brilliance. I demand a recount.

Whatís the comparison between Trubisky and Watson if you use total yards instead of passing yards? Also Watson has Hopkins to throw to, you have to factor that into the equation as he is one of the top 5 WRs in the game.
    Still isn't very close. I don't really consider rushing yards a vital stat with QBs. They're not running backs.

Quote Originally Posted by playthrough2001 View Post
    Wow what a great thread. It reminds me of this...

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/s...-going-forward
    I'm not seeing the similarities. That thread is an opinion piece. This thread is about the facts.

He doesn't give a shit. He's just trying to elicit a reaction.
    I'm shocked your 27,000 idiotic posts didn't get you into the Hall of Fame. The committee must not have recognized your true brilliance. I demand a recount.
    I see that the facts I've listed have upset a fanboy.

Still isn't very close. I don't really consider rushing yards a vital stat with QBs. They're not running backs.

I'm not seeing the similarities. That thread is an opinion piece. This thread is about the facts.
    Your OP is filled with your opinions.

I see that the facts I've listed have upset a fanboy.
    I was actually one of the only guys on this board that was pro Mahomes prior to the draft like Bort. However, I understand football and realize exactly what has transpired here with Mitch. But please carry on...

CCS HoF: Class of 2014 HeHateMe's Avatar

Pace really blew it when he decided not to draft Mahomes smh

Your OP is filled with your opinions.
    Wrong. Nothing but cold hard facts and the truth.

All-Star

Rushing yards still move the chains which Trubs did quite a bit this year. Rushing TDs by QBs still count as 6 points as well. Watson may still win the stat race but you should include their entire performance.

All-Star

What’s the comparison between Trubisky and Watson if you use total yards instead of passing yards? Also Watson has Hopkins to throw to, you have to factor that into the equation as he is one of the top 5 WRs in the game.
    I am told that the Bears offense likes to spread it around so even if Trubs had Hopkins, it wouldn't matter. He would probably still only get between 700-900 yards because you can't expect a real No 1 WR to get big numbers in Nagy's offense.

Watson had 9 picks not 7 if were nitpicking facts vs opinions.

To have a year 2 reflection without a year 3 preview or projection is misleading and biased towards your statement.

The other 2 Qbs have much more experience than Trubisky and are in their 2nd year in the same offense with for the majority the same weapons around them.

Mahomes is a stud but doubt he has these numbers every year. Watson was the most pro ready QB and he seems to be what he is give or take.

To make this statement before they all have finished their rookie deals is pointless.

Yes it could end up Being Mahomes, Watson, trubisky in that order but we dont know that. It could turn out that all 3 are absolute studs for the rest of their careers, which its trending that way. But for now just let it play out.

Put each QB in a different scenario when drafted then it could all turn out very differently for their careers.

I heard recently that Trubisky had his identity stolen. It was ok though, they gave it right back.

I heard recently that Trubisky had his identity stolen. It was ok though, they gave it right back.
    BEARS

Quote Originally Posted by HeHateMe View Post
    Pace really blew it when he decided not to draft Mahomes smh
    Imagine how much better we would be with the extra picks we could've had from not trading up, but instead trading back and taking Mahomes.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I made a thread like this and it was Spartan free
    There is a difference between woman throwing the pussy around for you to grab and just grabbing pussy. Trump money means itís raining pussy. Winston money means itís sprinkles lol - PAPABEAR77

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast