legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Would rather keep Lynch or get Shane Ray, or better yet, keep growing Irving/Fitts for cheap.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I still want them to play Irving, see what Fitts has and find a role for Iyiegbuniwe. Mack is the last big name we are going to see here for a while. Not saying Beasley is a great player, just has a big name.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Take this with a grain a of salt, actually a full salt shaker but this is a possible trade scenario:

Jeff Haynes/Associated Press
If the Falcons were to acquire an expensive pass-rusher like Hughes, that could lead to a domino effect that just might send Beasley to a spot like Chicago, where the Bears would probably love to complement Khalil Mack with a relatively inexpensive former Pro Bowler.

It's possible a change of scenery would be best for Beasley as he enters a contract year at the age of 27, and his $12.8 million walk-year cap hit wouldn't cripple a Bears team that has limited salary-cap space.

Sure would be interesting to see him in a lower-pressure role with Mack and several other high-impact front-seven defenders leading the way in Chicago. The short-term gamble makes sense for the win-now Bears.

Potential trade: Bears acquire Beasley from Falcons in exchange for a third-round pick

If the Falcons are smart then they'll just cut him instead of paying $12.8 mil for an average pass rusher. He definitely isn't worth us trading for him.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Would rather keep Lynch or get Shane Ray, or better yet, keep growing Irving/Fitts for cheap.

I thought I.Irving actually did some good things when we finally gave him some playing time towards the end of the year.