Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your Final Decision on Howard

Quote Originally Posted by bamainatlanta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not that can't use him properly, it's just simply that Howard is a dying breed in this league. He's a younger version of Blount
    Well Blount has a ring....... I really wish howard could backup hunt or whatever but he will want his payday
    There is a difference between woman throwing the pussy around for you to grab and just grabbing pussy. Trump money means itís raining pussy. Winston money means itís sprinkles lol - PAPABEAR77

Quote Originally Posted by napo55 View Post
    I live in the SF Bay Area and this sounds exactly like the fans who continued to support Ruben Foster, incident after incident. We all know how that turned out. Talented as he is (and as Foster is) it's not realistic to expect Hunt to change. The fact is, you can't rely on him to be available when you need him.
    the latest charges on fostet have been dropped. just saying... i wasnt there, you werent there.... if the bears can deal with marshall, they can deal with hunt.

I like Howard but obviously the writing is on the wall, and no way we give him a new contract after this year.

Trade him for what you can, possibly sign hunt and plan on drafting someone. Some nice backs have come out of 3-4th round.

A FA I'd look at is Bilal Powell and I've always liked Rod Smith as a fit for a back they could work for us

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sign Hunt and keep Howard. You can never have too many weapons on offense Nagy could have a 3 headed monster out of the back field for dirt cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastBearsFan View Post
    Sign Hunt and keep Howard. You can never have too many weapons on offense Nagy could have a 3 headed monster out of the back field for dirt cheap

Yall are acting like Howard will want to play behing Hunt.
    There is a difference between woman throwing the pussy around for you to grab and just grabbing pussy. Trump money means itís raining pussy. Winston money means itís sprinkles lol - PAPABEAR77

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandBear111 View Post
    the latest charges on fostet have been dropped. just saying... i wasnt there, you werent there.... if the bears can deal with marshall, they can deal with hunt.
    True, the charges have been dropped, but Foster will be suspended and will likely continue to mess up---- just as we shouldn't expect Hunt to change his ways. Again, these kind of individuals are just not reliable, and the team takes a big gamble in signing them for any kind of substantial money.

True, the charges have been dropped, but Foster will be suspended and will likely continue to mess up---- just as we shouldn't expect Hunt to change his ways. Again, these kind of individuals are just not reliable, and the team takes a big gamble in signing them for any kind of substantial money.
    Why shouldn't we expect him to change? How do you know he wont?

jesus says let he who is without sin cast the first stone. why cant hunt change? if he comes cheap, i say sign him. its football. i dont care that hunt will never win WP man of the year.
    the bulls got dennis rodman and hos fruity ass got us 3 rings
    the cubs signed aroldis and got a championship.
    lets sign hunt and lift this lombardy bruh.
    who are we to judge?

Who are the brain police? Enasic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Visionman View Post
    How about sign Hunt, keep Howard considering Hunt is likely to be suspended. Then trade Howard to a team in need of a RB close to the trade deadline. Will likely be a team hoping to make a playoff push, and could get the Bears better trade value in the process.
    Exactly this.

Quote Originally Posted by PrideisBears View Post
    Well Blount has a ring....... I really wish howard could backup hunt or whatever but he will want his payday
    There are about 20 RB's with rings that played with Brady. Blount was pretty much benched after his fumble vs the Falcons.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by halftime View Post
    Four months AFTER the assault on the girl in the hotel, he punched a guy in the face at an Ohio resort. Both of these are being reviewed by the league.

This guy seems like a real shit-bag.
    Yeeeaah... Multiple red flags are a huge issue. I like Howard. I like that catching was his weakness, he worked on it and it wasn't an obvious issue on the field like the previous season. Maybe he could be better at it to be a better fit in Nagy's offense, but I hate to see the Bears lose a good football player

I guess some of it depends on the type of contract Hunt is going to get. If it is a cheap, prove it deal, I would hold onto both. If Howard is motivated while Hunt is suspended he either increases his trade value before the deadline or gives you a reason to keep him for the remainder of the season for a playoff run. Then resign or hope for a comp pick.

At this time there isn't enough information. I would shop Howard but wouldn't take less than a 5th since that's basically what they'll get as a comp pick if he walks next year.

Can't make a decision on Hunt until you know his suspension length.

At this point I'd say keep him and draft a replacement. Gives you a year to see what you have in the rookie and you can get the comp pick for Howard in 2021.

Monday Morning QB playthrough2001's Avatar

I would keep him for the last year of his rookie deal and then let him walk. Heís a great goal line back. He almost always converts inside the five yard line. That is a valuable asset to have. Heís also tough to stop outside when the weather is cold. Ask the Rams.

Quote Originally Posted by HawkBear View Post
    Keep Howard unless some team offers a 3rd, then I could see it. Let him walk after the season. Let Nagy find his guy in the draft in the 3rd/4th that can take the reigns once Howard is gone.
    A 3rd? No one is going to offer a 3rd. Hell, Nick Foles is probably going to net a 3rd and he has a bit more value I would think.
    Maybe have the coaching staff continue to work with him on his pass catching abilities and draft a RB you think can take over if he doesnít improve.
    Not sure why Ryan nall isnít being considered for at least a backup role. He did show something in the preseason, more than Mizzell did, in my opinion
    Does Anybody Remember Laughter?

All-Star

Howard's cap hit went up nearly 3x so that changes the dynamic a lot. Trade value got worse because of that, and it hurts the Bears being able to re-sign a guy like Amos/Callahan.

I think in the end Pace will end up keeping Howard and letting him walk and aim for a comp pick in 2020. Draft a RB in the 5th/6th to go on PS for a season for depth.

Matt Forte is only 33 years old... pull him out of retirement!

Quote Originally Posted by gallagher View Post
    Nagy had figured out how to use Howard in a few games
    Yeah, I saw that when Howard would get going real good and then Nagy would sit him for a quarter...really knew how to use him.

It really really sucks as Howard is one of my favorite players but Nagy either cant use him properly or just doesn't know.

If we could trade howard and get something for him that would be great but i doubt it happens. Then sign D̶a̶r̶t̶h̶ ̶V̶a̶d̶e̶r̶ Hunt. Hopefully he gets his act together and stays away from underage hos
    Same sentiments here I'd say. But, really, the Bears need feel no pressing need to unload Howard even if they bring in Hunt or even get a rookie in the midrounds that they feel strong about. Howard doesn't make a lot, and neither Hunt or a rookie back would command a lot.

Our coach put Benny Cunningham in a playoff game. Let that sink in.
    ďReality is infinitely diverse, compared with even the subtlest conclusions of abstract thought, and does not allow of clear-cut and sweeping distinctions. Reality resists classification.Ē - Fyodor Dostoyevsky The House of the Dead

Just please, no more Mizzell or Cunningham.. If Nagy needs 4-5 RB's, then keep Howard, bring in Hunt and a draft pick to go with Cohen. Please use Cohen more like Hill, lurking around safeties, a gravitational pull in the secondary, not running sideline to sideline for negative yards...

Nagy's usage of the RB's last season was pretty embarrassing, especially considering Mitch's excellent scrambling ability, forcing defenders to account for him keeping.

Yall are acting like Howard will want to play behing Hunt.
    See, what some people don't get, is Howard might NOT want to play here. He's on a contract year, with possibly his ONLY big payday coming up next year.

If we sign hunt, I really doubt JHow wants to get 125 carries a year as a battering ram RB. Trading him would be best for him, not just the team.

Why shouldn't we expect him to change? How do you know he wont?
    True, not one ever changes.

I grew up as a product of domestic abuse. My father was a major alcoholic. He ended up going to rehab and cleaning up his act, my mother and him are still together now for 35 years.

People can change, I know, its shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastBearsFan View Post

Then trade him if that becomes an issue. Until itís an issue itís a non issue

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast