Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Your Final Decision on Howard

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCity View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Depth at RB is the easiest thing we can find.
    People say this, then Benny Cunningham and Taquan Mizzell end up getting postseason touches.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory Sparrow View Post
    People say this, then Benny Cunningham and Taquan Mizzell end up getting postseason touches.
    That was not forced. That was a coaching decision. A very weird coaching decision.

Quote Originally Posted by playthrough2001 View Post
    Windy, they're trying to win now. Keeping Howard gives them quality depth even if they get Hunt and draft another RB. Plus, he's a load at the goal line.
    You're right, there's no doubt Howard would be valuable in our RB corral, and Bears will surely add some RBs better suited to the scheme either way. So I don't think the Bears are feeling any pressure to trade him.

Still, as our #1 RB in 2018, it wasn't good enough, mainly cause he's not a good fit. If adding a 5th, or a good player swap, or using that $1.5mil savings, helps the Bears get a good replacement for Howard, I think it's better for both sides.

With cutting Mizzell & Cunningham, sign a better fit FA RB, a really good draft prospect and a UDFA... I think we'll be in much better shape. It's heading the right direction. Got to take some mild risks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory Sparrow View Post
    I wish Nagy/Pace would have added better RBs last offseason instead of sticking and settling for those two. They have to do better this time, right?
    The Hunger Site -- click once a day, and sponsors give 1.1 cups of food to the hungry.
    Consider making it your Home Page: Hidden Content

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234