Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 45 to 66 of 189

Thread: ***OFFICIAL*** 2019 AAF Season Long IGT (Kickoff 2/9/19 - 7:00PM)

  1. #45
    Huevos Rancheros Burque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    7,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by botfly10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    how are they gon find QBs for this league?
    There are plenty of capable arms for this league.

  2. #46
    Señor Member number51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Chicago Bitch!
    Posts
    12,982

    Default

    Let's see if I can confuse myself.

    Player ability better than college, not Alabama Clemson, but Purdue Illinois. Lacks the emotion/excitement of college ball.

    Most of the AAF players were playing in the fourth quarter of the fourth preseason game, but now are playing with more emotion and excitement.

    So, better players than Illinois, more exciting than the end of the last preseason game. I think I know why the AAF didn't hire me as their PR guy.

    I enjoyed the game but I'm messed up. Many years ago my wife came home from work and asks me what I'm watching I say football. She looks closer and asks are those children, yeah it's cable access peewee league, theses are 6th graders. She shakes her head and walks out of the room. The only people that should be watching that are parents, do not take my word for what is watchable football.

    So yeah, the AAF is great, they are way better than 6th graders.
    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Mongo_76 Hidden Content
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting that there are actually people here that seem to be gloating and happy that Americans were killed today by ISIS.
    Mongo was asked many times who had done that, turns out it was no one, he just made up the lie. Now he is claiming the whole thing was a joke, a joke about American troops killed in action, funny guy that Mongo.

  3. #47
    All-Star botfly10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    25,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Burque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There are plenty of capable arms for this league.
    lol if you say so
    I’m not really looking to do a lot of work right now. I’m looking to do the exact opposite of that.

    Hidden Content

  4. #48
    All-Star JoJoBoxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by number51 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So yeah, the AAF is great, they are way better than 6th graders.
    Yes, AAF football is great, but I am confused with your statement.

    Are you saying that the order is AAF, Illinois football and then 6th graders? Because Illinois under Lovie might not be as competitive as 6th graders.

  5. #49
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Monmouth, IL
    Posts
    2,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Burque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There are plenty of capable arms for this league.
    Judging by last night's game, I'm going to disagree...

  6. #50
    CCS Donator HawkBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    11,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by botfly10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lol if you say so
    Yeah, I'm with botfly on this one. The NFL has a hard time finding 32 startable guys and teams backups are usually atrocious. No way this league is able to find good QBs. I imagine a good running QB would light this league up.

  7. #51
    CCS HoF: Class of 2015 Grimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    25,214

    Default

    MY Memphis Express kick off in 7 hours!

  8. #52
    Rookie evansanity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    25

    Default

    After last night's great games it's safe to say I've caught AAF fever with no signs of getting a vaccine!

  9. #53
    CCS HoF: Class of 2015 Grimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    25,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evansanity View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After last night's great games it's safe to say I've caught AAF fever with no signs of getting a vaccine!
    Hell YEAH BROTHER!



    Just wish I could find some box scores somewhere.

  10. #54
    CCS HoF: Class of 2015 Grimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    25,214

    Default


  11. #55
    Drinking da Bears better SERE Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    6,491

    Default

    I watched the second half of the San Antonio game. I enjoyed the microphones on the coaches and players in game but I was impressed that the replay official was on camera real time explaining what he was seeing and why he was ruling a certain way.

    This level of replay transparency would be welcomed in the NFL.
    Proud to be a moderate Homer

    “If God had wanted man to play soccer, He wouldn't have given us arms” Coach Ditka


  12. #56
    CCS HoF: Class of 2015 Grimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    25,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SERE Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I watched the second half of the San Antonio game. I enjoyed the microphones on the coaches and players in game but I was impressed that the replay official was on camera real time explaining what he was seeing and why he was ruling a certain way.

    This level of replay transparency would be welcomed in the NFL.
    I think you mean the "Sky Judge"

    But I totally agree with you... was really interesting to watch him explain real time what he was seeing.

  13. #57
    The Truth Spartan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    27,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evansanity View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After last night's great games it's safe to say I've caught AAF fever with no signs of getting a vaccine!
    Why not, the vaccine will just amplify your fever.

  14. #58
    All-Star BaBaBlacksheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    17,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HawkBear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, I'm with botfly on this one. The NFL has a hard time finding 32 startable guys and teams backups are usually atrocious. No way this league is able to find good QBs. I imagine a good running QB would light this league up.
    It's not the NFL though...

    Ya'll seem to think it is for some reason?

    And I agree, a good running QB would probably tear this league up. I'd imagine there's a few of those guys around that didn't fit all the NFL's measurables.
    "Briggs was nothing without Urlacher, more of a role player...." - HansGruber

    Mitch is starting to worry me. ...the guy cant even get a first down. - PrideisBears

    Fox's team, as vanilla as it was, was at least organized and functional. - Bearmick

  15. #59
    All-Star PaytonHighstep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Downers Grove
    Posts
    484

    Default

    Kaepernick would be ideal in this league.

  16. #60
    All-Star BaBaBlacksheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    17,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaytonHighstep View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kaepernick would be ideal in this league.
    Nope. Just let it die man. Just let it die.
    "Briggs was nothing without Urlacher, more of a role player...." - HansGruber

    Mitch is starting to worry me. ...the guy cant even get a first down. - PrideisBears

    Fox's team, as vanilla as it was, was at least organized and functional. - Bearmick

  17. #61
    CCS Donator HawkBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    11,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BaBaBlacksheep View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the NFL though...

    Ya'll seem to think it is for some reason?

    And I agree, a good running QB would probably tear this league up. I'd imagine there's a few of those guys around that didn't fit all the NFL's measurables.
    Are you saying we can't make comparisons between the NFL/AAF even though the AAF is the closest resemblance we've ever seen to the NFL? That sounds stupid.

  18. #62
    All-Star BaBaBlacksheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    17,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HawkBear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you saying we can't make comparisons between the NFL/AAF even though the AAF is the closest resemblance we've ever seen to the NFL? That sounds stupid.
    It's all about expectations. If you expect this to be anywhere near the NFL then yes, they are going to have a problem finding QB's. I don't know why anyone would expect that though?
    "Briggs was nothing without Urlacher, more of a role player...." - HansGruber

    Mitch is starting to worry me. ...the guy cant even get a first down. - PrideisBears

    Fox's team, as vanilla as it was, was at least organized and functional. - Bearmick

  19. #63
    The Truth Spartan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    27,569

    Default

    Haven't seen it yet. What's new and exciting about the AAF?

  20. #64
    I ♥ Cliff Stein nvanprooyen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    10,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NFL Network will be showing one game per week along with the various CBS networks.

    After week 1... Bleacher Report Live will be streaming one game per week as well.
    They also have an app which most games will be streamed on.

  21. #65
    CCS HoF: Class of 2015 Grimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    25,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Haven't seen it yet. What's new and exciting about the AAF?

  22. #66
    The Truth Spartan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    27,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aah, you're allowed to hit the QB?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •