***OFFICIAL*** 2019 AAF Season Long IGT (Kickoff 2/9/19 - 7:00PM)

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's not the NFL though...

Ya'll seem to think it is for some reason?

And I agree, a good running QB would probably tear this league up. I'd imagine there's a few of those guys around that didn't fit all the NFL's measurables.

Are you saying we can't make comparisons between the NFL/AAF even though the AAF is the closest resemblance we've ever seen to the NFL? That sounds stupid.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Are you saying we can't make comparisons between the NFL/AAF even though the AAF is the closest resemblance we've ever seen to the NFL? That sounds stupid.

It's all about expectations. If you expect this to be anywhere near the NFL then yes, they are going to have a problem finding QB's. I don't know why anyone would expect that though?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
NFL Network will be showing one game per week along with the various CBS networks.

After week 1... Bleacher Report Live will be streaming one game per week as well.

They also have an app which most games will be streamed on.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
It's all about expectations. If you expect this to be anywhere near the NFL then yes, they are going to have a problem finding QB's. I don't know why anyone would expect that though?

Seeing that a former AFL player could be an NFL Hall-of-Famer, why is it impossible for someone to actually show something in this new league?

Little fact that I did not know:

Before the 1997 AFL season, Kurt Warner requested and got a tryout with the Chicago Bears, but an injury to his throwing elbow caused by a spider bite sustained during his honeymoon prevented him from attending
Damn, we almost had a real QB in 1997.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just watched some highlights from the Apollos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUJFhhATLso

Seems very watchable. I'm in.
I was gonna search for highlights when I felt like it. You made it so easy.

Wondering if there's any other significant differences in the rules with this league. Could tell from Grimson's post, the QB isn't as "protected" by the rules. Anything else notable?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

Wondering if there's any other significant differences in the rules with this league. Could tell from Grimson's post, the QB isn't as "protected" by the rules. Anything else notable?

From the OP:

— There will be no television timeouts and fewer full-screen commercial breaks. That, along with a 35-second play clock (the NFL’s is 40 seconds) and some of the changes listed below, could shave 30 minutes off an NFL game’s traditional three-hour running time.

— No extra points. Every touchdown will be followed by a two-point conversion attempt. Field goals are still an option in regulation, however.

— No kickoffs. Each team starts a possession after a score or at the start of a half at their 25-yard line.

— Instead of onside kicks, which are not allowed, teams will attempt the equivalent of a fourth-and-12 play from their 28-yard line. A conversion means it keeps the ball. These will only be allowed when a team is trailing by at least 17 points or for either team in the last five minutes of a game, according to the Associated Press.

— There will be a ninth member of the officiating crew called a “SkyJudge,” who will sit in the press box and “use real-time technology to correct clear errors involving player safety anytime during a game, and pass interference inside of five minutes left in the fourth quarter,” the AP reported.

— Overtime is different: Each team will get the ball only once, first and goal from the 10, and they have to score a touchdown and go for two (field goals are not allowed in the extra period). Games can end in a tie.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Outdid the NBA in ratings last night. I’m so happy football is back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

Can’t kick PATs right off the top of my head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
From the OP:

— There will be no television timeouts and fewer full-screen commercial breaks. That, along with a 35-second play clock (the NFL’s is 40 seconds) and some of the changes listed below, could shave 30 minutes off an NFL game’s traditional three-hour running time.

— No extra points. Every touchdown will be followed by a two-point conversion attempt. Field goals are still an option in regulation, however.

— No kickoffs. Each team starts a possession after a score or at the start of a half at their 25-yard line.

— Instead of onside kicks, which are not allowed, teams will attempt the equivalent of a fourth-and-12 play from their 28-yard line. A conversion means it keeps the ball. These will only be allowed when a team is trailing by at least 17 points or for either team in the last five minutes of a game, according to the Associated Press.

— There will be a ninth member of the officiating crew called a “SkyJudge,” who will sit in the press box and “use real-time technology to correct clear errors involving player safety anytime during a game, and pass interference inside of five minutes left in the fourth quarter,” the AP reported.

— Overtime is different: Each team will get the ball only once, first and goal from the 10, and they have to score a touchdown and go for two (field goals are not allowed in the extra period). Games can end in a tie.
Also DBs cant blitz, and I think they can only bring 5 in total. I think anyways, read something that suggested that earlier.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok. Reminder to self...read the OPs more often.

Think I like all those changes. The 4th one listed seems a bit odd.... but still doable.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Correct... you can only blitz if you're lined up upfront. 5 max.
I'm not sure I like that rule, but I'm guessing it's because they want to keep things high scoring, and the defensive talent is better than the QB talent at this level. That's my hunch anyways.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
This actually wasn't bad. QB play was terrible but overall, pretty entertaining.