Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Well, to be fair, Cubs baseball is back today. There were three or four spring training games played yesterday, just not involving the Cubs. :)

-Doug

There's other baseball besides the Cubs? haha

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Maddon screwing around with the lineup again...

Heyward leading off so teams could get a good look at him before being traded...[emoji6]

Is Johnny Field Bryce Harper alias name[emoji39]
3527228a3a778827f844102645b481fc.jpg

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
cant read into leadoff first spring training game, manager lets the vets get their at bats so they are the first ones pulled. They know Heyward cant handle the leadoff pressure.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Maddon screwing around with the lineup again...

Heyward leading off so teams could get a good look at him before being traded...[emoji6]

Is Johnny Field Bryce Harper alias name[emoji39]
3527228a3a778827f844102645b481fc.jpg

Heyward put up a .335 OBA last year. I'm not really feeling this Joe Vibe

CSF77

Liked Posts:
cant read into leadoff first spring training game, manager lets the vets get their at bats so they are the first ones pulled. They know Heyward cant handle the leadoff pressure.

I'm not holding my breath with Joe. He uses the lead off as a start up tool for slumps.

I see the lead off as a extra PA every day. So you are getting up 5× per day. The goal is to get on base 2x per per game. With a lower walk rate it is a disavantage to the to the hitter. That is why the whole bunt went away. Teams just shift the D and let the hitter get themselves out. But a hitter that milks a count and will take 1B puts the pressure on the pitcher to throw strikes. And when that hitter can put a mistake over the wall it compounds it.

I'm part of team Rizzo here. Best damn lead off ever.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I was being sarcastic
Lol

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I'm not holding my breath with Joe. He uses the lead off as a start up tool for slumps.

I see the lead off as a extra PA every day. So you are getting up 5× per day. The goal is to get on base 2x per per game. With a lower walk rate it is a disavantage to the to the hitter. That is why the whole bunt went away. Teams just shift the D and let the hitter get themselves out. But a hitter that milks a count and will take 1B puts the pressure on the pitcher to throw strikes. And when that hitter can put a mistake over the wall it compounds it.

I'm part of team Rizzo here. Best damn lead off ever.

I cant wait til these guys figure out they dont have to walk to first, just tap the ball to the open infield spot. Swinging bunts will be the next big thing until teams stop shifting. Then they can start going back to having to earn walks.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I cant wait til these guys figure out they dont have to walk to first, just tap the ball to the open infield spot. Swinging bunts will be the next big thing until teams stop shifting. Then they can start going back to having to earn walks.

Shift counters that.

The age of the bunt ended with Astro turf being removed. I believe only Toronto still uses it.

Grass will deaden the ball making it a easier play. That is why a player geared that way fails more than a traditional approach.

That said:. If they are using a shift and not respecting 3B then bunt until they stop disrespecting the hitter.

Juan Pierre was a classic reason why that prototype was weeded out. Hit .290 and OBA .330. He would be an out 7 out of 10 times up and if he got pegged on a attempt it worsened those rates.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
1st spring at bat. Bryant goes big fly. Shoulder sounds to be fine.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Tsng booted off the 40 man is what I want for my birthday this year.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Shift counters that.

The age of the bunt ended with Astro turf being removed. I believe only Toronto still uses it.

Grass will deaden the ball making it a easier play. That is why a player geared that way fails more than a traditional approach.

That said:. If they are using a shift and not respecting 3B then bunt until they stop disrespecting the hitter.

Juan Pierre was a classic reason why that prototype was weeded out. Hit .290 and OBA .330. He would be an out 7 out of 10 times up and if he got pegged on a attempt it worsened those rates.

all I am talking about is a soft ground ball to the vacated third base, not Pierre trying to bunt when the third baseman is 30 feet away from him.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Almora swinging at 1st pitch
Happ Ks
Bote gets hit in head

Chatwood. Single Walk Homerun

Yeah it ST

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Chatwood's already twice as good as last year. In 2018, IIRC, he gave up roughly a walk an inning. Today, he only gave up one walk in two innings...

:D :D :D