Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Aaron Rodgers is a douchebag example #534,842

  1. #1
    All-Star JordanHoward24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    590

    Default Aaron Rodgers is a douchebag example #534,842

    https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...-rodgers-again

    2 more former teammates weigh in on the Rodgers being an asshole conversation.

    I found this quote by Kabeer Gbaja Biamila interesting: compared to Favre, he felt ďAaron was a little bit more on the arrogant side."




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    CCS Donator
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    murica
    Posts
    4,320

    Default

    Thanks for the update.

  3. #3
    CCS Donator Aquineas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Montgomery, TX
    Posts
    2,455

    Default

    Yeah, okay. Fuck Rodgers. I just want the Bears to be good enough to make him irrelevant. FWIW, I believe he is an asshole.

  4. #4
    CCS Staff Jamais Vu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,981

    Default

    Not sure about a douchebag, but I think you kind of have to be arrogant to be very successful as a Pro Quarterback.

    I know everyone wants to pull for the humble hard working type, but it's the pricks like Rodgers, Big Ben and the Immortal Brady that keep owning everyone on Game Day.

  5. #5
    Monday Morning QB playthrough2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Club
    Posts
    5,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamais Vu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure about a douchebag, but I think you kind of have to be arrogant to be very successful as a Pro Quarterback.

    I know everyone wants to pull for the humble hard working type, but it's the pricks like Rodgers, Big Ben and the Immortal Brady that keep owning everyone on Game Day.
    Joe Montana is a good guy.

  6. #6
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamais Vu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure about a douchebag, but I think you kind of have to be arrogant to be very successful as a Pro Quarterback.

    I know everyone wants to pull for the humble hard working type, but it's the pricks like Rodgers, Big Ben and the Immortal Brady that keep owning everyone on Game Day.
    I don't think you're wrong specifically, but in this case Rodgers is being compared to Favre.

    The arrogance needed to be a winner is more about being willing to take calculated risks and betting on yourself. I think the arrogance trait being discussed WRT Rodgers is closer to narcissism of the self, not excessive self confidence.
    3 - Kaleb McGary, Right Tackle
    4 - Chase Hansen, S/LB
    5 - Alex Barnes, RB
    7 - Sean Krepsz, C/G

  7. #7
    All-Star Chicago Staleys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by playthrough2001 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Joe Montana is a good guy.
    He was too busy being overrated to be arrogant.

  8. #8
    All-Star halftime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,621

    Default

    According to Cowherd, both Rodgers and Cutler are pretty douchey.

    If I remember correctly he said Rodgers was really selfish and Cutler was arrogant.
    Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it. - George Halas

  9. #9
    Monday Morning QB playthrough2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Club
    Posts
    5,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chicago Staleys View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was too busy being overrated to be arrogant.
    You might want to check out that first squad he carried to a Super Bowl championship.

    His Super Bowls stats are absolutely amazing too. I think just about any QB playing would want to be that "overrated."

  10. #10
    CCS Donator Aquineas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Montgomery, TX
    Posts
    2,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by halftime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    According to Cowherd, both Rodgers and Cutler are pretty douchey.

    If I remember correctly he said Rodgers was really selfish and Cutler was arrogant.
    As a former Cutler apologist, I have to say, if Cutler had Rodgers' stats, I wouldn't care how arrogant he was. I'd be like, "Yeah he's arrogant. We won a Super Bowl and are in the playoffs every year. I'll take that." Unfortunately, we all know how the Jay Cutler experiment turned out. Good luck on Very Cavallari Jay.

  11. #11
    All-Star botfly10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    25,920

    Default

    “When Aaron became ‘The Man,’ he was ‘The Man’, especially in his own eyes,” Gbaja-Biamila says in the Forbes story. “Let’s just put it that way. Things just changed. I don’t know what to say. I don’t want to lie to you. It’s hard for me to say this without causing drama."
    Iím not really looking to do a lot of work right now. Iím looking to do the exact opposite of that.

    Hidden Content

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •