Browns sign Kareem Hunt

YoungPA

Liked Posts:
Lets not overlook in house improvement this offseason. I think if Howard dropped weight, say 10-15 lbs or so. It could really improve his lateral quickness and acceleration. Its not like the kid is a bum. He still a top 10 back imo. This offense just doesnt require a battering ram like the last regime used him as. And he drastically improved his catching last offeseason.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
YOu did actually, and you stuck by your convictions the whole time not even swayed in the slightest. Even though I wanted Hunt and you said the Bears could go another, better route, I am happy that you got your #calledit and impressed with your sticktoitiveness.

I don't know if there is abetter route to go. Hunt would have been nice, but I just felt the Bears weren't going to do it. Oh well. Hope Hunt kicks it out of the stadium this year.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lets not overlook in house improvement this offseason. I think if Howard dropped weight, say 10-15 lbs or so. It could really improve his lateral quickness and acceleration. Its not like the kid is a bum. He still a top 10 back imo. This offense just doesnt require a battering ram like the last regime used him as. And he drastically improved his catching last offeseason.

Top 10 in what?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't realize he was from Cleveland. I guess that makes sense a little bit. It is estimated that the NFL was going to reinstate him just before the free agency period. I can't imagine he couldn't have got more money when teams are throwing around their money during the start of free agency period.

Any of you morons (not you) that think $1 mil is a good contract for him are just plain stupid.
On top of that, the Browns already have Chubb, who rushed for a 1000 yards in 9 starts at 5.9 yards/ carry. They also have Duke Johnson under contract for the next two years.

If Hunt is trying to play a 1 year deal to get a big contract, he sure signed with a team with a crowded backfield with an offense that really won't use him correctly, imo. On top of all that, he will only be a restricted free agent after the year.

Like I said, stupid and shortsighted on Hunt's part, imo.

Funny coming from YOU.

BTW most "experts" thought he would get league minimum as a "prove it" deal... he got more.

So maybe instead of name calling, it's time for you to look in the mirror. Hopefully it doesn't shatter when you do...

HA HA

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Browns also have 80 million in cap space. Oh my!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's a one year deal, actually more like a 1/2 year deal. He'll behave, show some production and be A viable in FA in 2020.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Funny coming from YOU.

BTW most "experts" thought he would get league minimum as a "prove it" deal... he got more.

So maybe instead of name calling, it's time for you to look in the mirror. Hopefully it doesn't shatter when you do...

HA HA

That is pretty close to a league minimum prove it deal. He is getting about 350k extra, which he won't get because of the suspension.

I always thought he would get 1 million for this season, because that is about what his rookie deal was calling for.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Listen up, PORKBREATH - ever think maybe he wanted to be close to home and play for an upstart local team? He made more money in one season than you will in your entire career. To some people, money isn't the end all, be all.

THANKS

" To some people, money isn't the end all, be all." I guess money doesn't mean much to you because you don't make any. I'm sorry, Hunt has not made more money in 1 year than my whole career. You see, I'm not a fuckin millennial piece of shit, living in my Moms basement like you, and talking on a MB all day.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
That is pretty close to a league minimum prove it deal. He is getting about 350k extra, which he won't get because of the suspension.

I always thought he would get 1 million for this season, because that is about what his rookie deal was calling for.

Right, but FogBoi said he "panicked" and took the $1M as if he was going to get some huge multi year deal from another team if he waited.

I am OK with the contract and think it's fair.

Hunt didn't panic... he took a job for about as much as he was going to get anywhere else with the benefits of being close to home/family.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
The posters blaming Pace and Nagy are just trolling as usual. George obviously told them Hunt was a no go.

Cleveland makes sense. The kid is from Ohio and the Browns have a talented young roster.

yes, because staying in the location where you get in the most trouble is a GRATE idea....

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Really weird decision for Hunt.

He is now in a backfield with 3 other talented backs, one of which was a highly drafted and very productive rookie.

Not sure why he would rush to sign in a less than ideal situation.

Exactly, someone gets it. Heck, Chubb will be making a lot more money then him.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Really weird decision for Hunt.

He is now in a backfield with 3 other talented backs, one of which was a highly drafted and very productive rookie.

Not sure why he would rush to sign in a less than ideal situation.

I think he wanted to sign with a team before the suspension came down by the NFL.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
" To some people, money isn't the end all, be all." I guess money doesn't mean much to you because you don't make any. I'm sorry, Hunt has not made more money in 1 year than my whole career. You see, I'm not a fuckin millennial piece of shit, living in my Moms basement like you, and talking on a MB all day.

She made you move out because of too much fog?

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:

Sorry... Starbucks Baristas don't make $1.6M in their careers.

#YOULOSE