Browns sign Kareem Hunt

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And they probably look back at signing Marshall as a bad idea. Also, that was the Emery/Trestman regime.

You seem upset. Over a RB.

Clutching pearls. lol. You have no idea what their thought process was.

Edit - I also #calledit about Marshall being let go.

Not upset.

I believe the Browns beat them to the punch. I think the Bears were being cautious and waiting for the suspension to be announced and the Browns jumped in.

Sorry, poorly worded by me. The Pearl Clutching comment was more about the fans that are so offended by the idea of signing Hunt, but who all cheered for Brandon Marshall. That is why I won’t take a fake moral high ground about players I will and will not cheer for. I already cheered for an epic psycho without a 2nd thought.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Not upset.

I believe the Browns beat them to the punch. I think the Bears were being cautious and waiting for the suspension to be announced and the Browns jumped in.

Sorry, poorly worded by me. The Pearl Clutching comment was more about the fans that are so offended by the idea of signing Hunt, but who all cheered for Brandon Marshall. That is why I won’t take a fake moral high ground about players I will and will not cheer for. I already cheered for an epic psycho without a 2nd thought.

I think you might be close with the bolded. I think Hunt and his agent wanted a deal before the NFL decision came down. The Bears might not have been willing there. I doubt money was the real issue, but who knows.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The team has no moral high ground when it comes to Hunt.

This team employed Brandon Marshall, who had like 20 violent incident arrests and multiple domestic violence issues.

To now clutch pearls over Hunt is hypocritical.

How long did Pace keep Marshall or even McDonald after Fangio vouched for him and he slipped up? Don't really understand what you're getting at here since fans have no say in the matter.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How long did Pace keep Marshall or even McDonald after Fangio vouched for him and he slipped up? Don't really understand what you're getting at here.

I meant to say the fan base. We don’t have the moral high ground, but neither do George or Ginny.

Pace signed McDonald. Signing Hunt would have been no different, but he is less of a scumbag than mcDonald. If Pace said we didn’t sign him because we got burnt, that is different than saying we don’t sign women beaters.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
And they probably look back at signing Marshall as a bad idea. Also, that was the Emery/Trestman regime.

You seem upset. Over a RB.

Clutching pearls. lol. You have no idea what their thought process was.

Edit - I also #calledit about Marshall being let go.

And under pace/fangio they signed McDonald

Windy is right they don’t give a rats ass about character

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

They can say that they learned a lesson from that, which is true and fine.

But they to gave up the moral high ground.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Maybe he just didn’t want to play here. Mayfield>Trubisky so he sees a better future with that

Or maybe bears didn’t want him. They tested out fan reaction after the media event and decided to pass it’s not worth the attention

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Nonsense. Of course they do. And McDonald may have made them more shy. I don't think the Bears passed on Hunt solely for his personal issues. This team has a lot to address, and improving their run game overall is more important than getting another RB.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nonsense. Of course they do. And McDonald may have made them more shy. I don't think the Bears passed on Hunt solely for his personal issues. This team has a lot to address, and improving their run game overall is more important than getting another RB.

Having an All Pro RB would have helped the run game.

Having a RB that can go 60 on any given carry would have helped the run game.

2,3,-3,60 is motor productive than 4,4,6, 8.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Are we now at the point where it is necessary to state the obvious? Hunt is off the table, for whatever reason. Personal issues, timing of signing, whatever. The run game has more problems than the one carrying the ball.

To continue flapping about him is pointless. You wanted him. You had him signed. You were wrong about that. The Bears will be fine without Hunt.

Edit

Hunt had 12 carries for 20+ lhis rookie year, and 3 for 40+

Howard in his rookie year had 10 for 20+ and 2 for 40+
Second year 5 for 20+ and 3 for 40+

Last year

Hunt 7 and 1
Howard 5 and 1

Where are all these 60+ runs Hunt has made?

Last edited:

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Really weird decision for Hunt.

He is now in a backfield with 3 other talented backs, one of which was a highly drafted and very productive rookie.

Not sure why he would rush to sign in a less than ideal situation.

Once the suspension is over, Duke Johnson is gone. The Browns OC was never willing to give him any significant playing time for whatever reason.

Last edited:

Toast88

Liked Posts:
On us not having the high ground, speak for yourself. If a video came out tomorrow showing Tarik Cohen pushing and kicking a woman, I’d want him off the Bears.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
On us not having the high ground, speak for yourself. If a video came out tomorrow showing Tarik Cohen pushing and kicking a woman, I’d want him off the Bears.

What about Khalil Mack?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What about Khalil Mack?
If it were at the Ray Rice level, I'd want him gone immediately. Hunt level (and past incidents) speaks to a pattern. Caveat Emptor.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If it were at the Ray Rice level, I'd want him gone. Hunt level (and past incidents) speaks to a pattern. Caveat Emptor.

and you'd get your wish.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

Do you really believe that Matt Nagy would give an all pro running back the ball? This offense is based on RPO and Mitch and Nagy ALWAYS lean towards the pass. Does not matter if Howard is getting 7 yards on first down, they are throwing the next two. Its as much as Mitches fault as Nagy for not just calling the fucking run.

Either way, glad this bullet passed the bears roster. As far as if a current Bear gets caught kicking a woman, that is the real difference here. Did the player just have a bad day after being a model citizen or was he always a bit of trouble. The league needs to allow teams a roster spot, and start forcing them to rehabilitate their own players, not just cut them loose. Its just another way to get out of town for these millionaire players. Real discipline on something that should have been learned thru the combine interviews and meetings. Its either that or make it clear, one bad day will cost you a career and not allow these thugs to "earn their living". They can go back to school and get their BA to work at target like anyone else too.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What about Khalil Mack?

Or Mitch Trubisky!

If anyone thinks Bears or Chiefs dump Trubs or Mahomes then they kidding themselves. See Big Ben. Dude accused of multiple sexual assaults.

cd35

Liked Posts:
Poor Chubb, the Browns seem to constantly disrespect him. He should have started from the beginning of the season and now he's back to probabbly being #2. And he's awesome.