My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Matt Miller
@nfldraftscout
4m4 minutes ago
Browns have Nick Chubb, Duke Johnson and now Kareem Hunt in the backfield. My goodness.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Woah.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
2m2 minutes ago
The #Browns signed RB Kareem Hunt to a 1-year deal that could be worth more than $1M not factoring in the suspension, source said. More than the minimum. After this year, he’ll be an RFA.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Let's see what kind of "backlash" the Browns get. My guess is it'll be minimal.

I also think any potential negative press is the reason the Bears didn't sign Hunt. Which is a huge mistake, IMO.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
Chicago was never going to sign him. I'm not sure why so many people thought him coming here was such a strong possibility.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Sucks for Chubb and Duke. At least it will when he's done with his suspension. Browns gonna win their division next year.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I think it was always wishful thinking, as I really don't think George wanted to stick his neck out after Ray McDonald.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
You can find guys like Kareem Hunt all the time in the later rounds of the draft. And without the baggage. Bears dodged a bullet. Not worth the PR nightmare.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
SMH! No brainer for Nagy and Pace and they fuck it up.

BPo001

Liked Posts:
Browns the only team to offer him a deal? Seems like if he had waited another team could have offered a bigger role.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought Hunt was on the commissioner's exempt list making any transactions involving him to be prohibited?

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
You can find guys like Kareem Hunt all the time in the later rounds of the draft. And without the baggage. Bears dodged a bullet. Not worth the PR nightmare.

I normally would not disagree, because it is possible to find good RB talent in all rounds, BUT we don't have enough draft picks this year to say that we will just go find the next Hunt in the draft, when we might just end up spending a draft pick on a kicker.....

msadows

Liked Posts:

IDK why people keep thinking this. Hunt was a top 5 back, no you can't find guys like him "all the time" in the later rounds, its quite the opposite.

The position has been devalued over the years but the statistics still show that it is better to draft early if you are looking for a starter.

Of the 207 players drafted 33 have become starters for half their careers. This gives an indication that there is a lot of Running Back By Committee (RBBC).
There is a very high bust rate for RBs. The first round gives you a 58% chance of finding a starter followed by 25% in the second, 16% in the third, 11% in the fourth, 9% in the fifth, 6% in the sixth and 0% in the 7th.
If you rank the rounds by the total RBs drafted you find that the greatest number are drafted in the 7th, followed by the 4th, 6th, 2nd, 3rd, 1st, and 5th.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015...e-statistics-tell-us-about-the-draft-by-round