Now that Kareem Hunt is a ****ing BROWN does Nagy finally figure out how to use Howar

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Seriously,

He plays Bennie Cunninghams and that little Mizzle guy in a ****ing PLAYOFF GAME

because he can't work with HOWARD, who is one of the most powerful backs in the NFL

is it imagination?

Is it too much hubris?

Is he too "new school" to use a hard-nosed beef back that needs a little lather to get going but then becomes literally unstoppable?

Howard even learned to catch for this season and caught everything catchable thrown his way.

Still Nagy like "nah"

W T F

Nagy needs to mix it up between Cohen and Howard and get work done.

SMH

:angryfinger:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
This reminds me of Charly the movie.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Wilson
Fulton
Hunt

What do those three have in common?

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Howard is one dimensional. Yes, he improved his hands, but he is way to limited for a modern offense. He's a very good back in an old school zone run based offenese. Those are few and far between these days for a reason.

And for the record, Nagy did figure out how to get better production from Howard as the season went on. At the end of the day it's much easier to find a player who fits your system and philosophy then it is to completely alter your system for a running back.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I mean if you want Nagy to swap out his offense to fit the talents of one guy, I'm sure he can find a way to make him succeed.

But the question is why?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Howard is one dimensional. Yes, he improved his hands, but he is way to limited for a modern offense. He's a very good back in an old school zone run based offenese. Those are few and far between these days for a reason.

And for the record, Nagy did figure out how to get better production from Howard as the season went on. At the end of the day it's much easier to find a player who fits your system and philosophy then it is to completely alter your system for a running back.

Yup. Now if this was mitch struggling you obviously change the offense to favor him, but a running back? Nah.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Kareem Hunt could have played for his former OC, and in a similar system that will end up making him a multi-thousandiare, but he was all, "nah man, I'd rather play for Teddie Bathrooms."

msadows

Liked Posts:
Kareem Hunt could have played for his former OC, and in a similar system that will end up making him a multi-thousandiare, but he was all, "nah man, I'd rather play for Teddie Bathrooms."

Maybe the bears didn't want him? I doubt we will ever know.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Waiting for Post Nagy/Pace F/U, Hunt to Browns, Sad/Angry Bears Fans mock.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/ne...teams-through-week-7-by-zone-blocking-carries

Last year as cant find this year but plenty of teams run zone blocking schemes including Rams whose offense is based off of outside zone which Bears ran 57% of time last year.

People are too quick to absolve Nagy from everything.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
They paid hunt a million dollars?????? I would have paid twice that easily for a top five back perfect for your system

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Let me guess, we keep Parkey, Kevin white, dion sims too? Wtf? Do we want to win or be choir boys

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Maybe Howard isn't that good.

They way to use him is to give him a ton of carries because he will not break big runs. If that is the case then no they are not going to figure out how to use him, that will never happen in this offense.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

Did he really "improve his hands" IMO, the Bears simply don't use him for receiving.

2016---50 targets----29 receptions----------58%
2017---32 targets----23 receptions----------72%
2018---26 targets----20 receptions----------77%

His targets go down and his catch rate goes up......The sample size really isn't all there until a coach gives him 75 targets or so just to see if he is capable---With that said, we have the RB who catches the ball---That's Cohen----Howard runs the ball---Not a bad combo- I say we look at the secondary or OL with the draft. Cohen and Howard should only get better next season.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Or maybe they are just using him wrong as his stats in zone blocking would suggest they are. Funny how last year 24 teams had zone blocking 50% or more of the time but somehow because Nagy wants to gap block, suddenly a dude that excelled in zone blocking is no longer good.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Wow, this is unbelievable. I thought Hunt to the Bears was pretty much guaranteed based on his relationship with Nagy. Way to go Pace.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Guess people didn't learn from Albert Wilson.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Howard didn't really change. The O-line struggled to run block for him this year.