Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Now that Kareem Hunt is a ****ing BROWN does Nagy finally figure out how to use Howar

CCS HoF: Class of 2014 HeHateMe's Avatar

Default Now that Kareem Hunt is a ****ing BROWN does Nagy finally figure out how to use Howar

Seriously,

He plays Bennie Cunninghams and that little Mizzle guy in a ****ing PLAYOFF GAME

because he can't work with HOWARD, who is one of the most powerful backs in the NFL

is it imagination?

Is it too much hubris?

Is he too "new school" to use a hard-nosed beef back that needs a little lather to get going but then becomes literally unstoppable?

Howard even learned to catch for this season and caught everything catchable thrown his way.

Still Nagy like "nah"

W T F

Nagy needs to mix it up between Cohen and Howard and get work done.

SMH

Monday Morning QB playthrough2001's Avatar

This reminds me of Charly the movie.

Urblocks Wife Got a Raise Gustavus Adolphus's Avatar

Wilson
    Fulton
    Hunt

What do those three have in common?
    My Current Alts
    1. HeHateMe
    2. Novak
    3. Warden of the Northeast
    4. Teddy KGB
    5. brett05
    6. BearDen

CCS HoF: Class of 2014 HeHateMe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gustavus Adolphus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wilson
    Fulton
    Hunt

What do those three have in common?

Literally all of them played for Nagy before he became a head coach.

All-Star

Howard is one dimensional. Yes, he improved his hands, but he is way to limited for a modern offense. He's a very good back in an old school zone run based offenese. Those are few and far between these days for a reason.

And for the record, Nagy did figure out how to get better production from Howard as the season went on. At the end of the day it's much easier to find a player who fits your system and philosophy then it is to completely alter your system for a running back.

I mean if you want Nagy to swap out his offense to fit the talents of one guy, I'm sure he can find a way to make him succeed.

But the question is why?

Quote Originally Posted by HeHateMe View Post

Literally all of them played for Nagy before he became a head coach.

And none of them want to play for him.
    My Current Alts
    1. HeHateMe
    2. Novak
    4. Teddy KGB
    5. brett05
    6. BearDen

Quote Originally Posted by ZenBear34 View Post
    Howard is one dimensional. Yes, he improved his hands, but he is way to limited for a modern offense. He's a very good back in an old school zone run based offenese. Those are few and far between these days for a reason.

And for the record, Nagy did figure out how to get better production from Howard as the season went on. At the end of the day it's much easier to find a player who fits your system and philosophy then it is to completely alter your system for a running back.
    Yup. Now if this was mitch struggling you obviously change the offense to favor him, but a running back? Nah.

Kareem Hunt could have played for his former OC, and in a similar system that will end up making him a multi-thousandiare, but he was all, "nah man, I'd rather play for Teddie Bathrooms."
    My Current Alts
    1. HeHateMe
    2. Novak
    4. Teddy KGB
    5. brett05
    6. BearDen

Quote Originally Posted by Gustavus Adolphus View Post
    Kareem Hunt could have played for his former OC, and in a similar system that will end up making him a multi-thousandiare, but he was all, "nah man, I'd rather play for Teddie Bathrooms."
    Maybe the bears didn't want him? I doubt we will ever know.

Waiting for Post Nagy/Pace F/U, Hunt to Browns, Sad/Angry Bears Fans mock.

All-Star

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...ocking-carries

Last year as cant find this year but plenty of teams run zone blocking schemes including Rams whose offense is based off of outside zone which Bears ran 57% of time last year.

People are too quick to absolve Nagy from everything.

All-Star

They paid hunt a million dollars?????? I would have paid twice that easily for a top five back perfect for your system

All-Star

Let me guess, we keep Parkey, Kevin white, dion sims too? Wtf? Do we want to win or be choir boys

Maybe Howard isn't that good.

They way to use him is to give him a ton of carries because he will not break big runs. If that is the case then no they are not going to figure out how to use him, that will never happen in this offense.

Did he really "improve his hands" IMO, the Bears simply don't use him for receiving.

2016---50 targets----29 receptions----------58%
    2017---32 targets----23 receptions----------72%
    2018---26 targets----20 receptions----------77%

His targets go down and his catch rate goes up......The sample size really isn't all there until a coach gives him 75 targets or so just to see if he is capable---With that said, we have the RB who catches the ball---That's Cohen----Howard runs the ball---Not a bad combo- I say we look at the secondary or OL with the draft. Cohen and Howard should only get better next season.

All-Star

Or maybe they are just using him wrong as his stats in zone blocking would suggest they are. Funny how last year 24 teams had zone blocking 50% or more of the time but somehow because Nagy wants to gap block, suddenly a dude that excelled in zone blocking is no longer good.

Wow, this is unbelievable. I thought Hunt to the Bears was pretty much guaranteed based on his relationship with Nagy. Way to go Pace.

All-Star

Guess people didn't learn from Albert Wilson.

Howard didn't really change. The O-line struggled to run block for him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjiton View Post
    Howard didn't really change. The O-line struggled to run block for him this year.
    Long going out was the obvious difference maker to me. rest of you may disagree... cause "Long is done" or something like that.

Using 3rd string backs so much throughout the season was the one and only infuriating thing about Nagy to me. Everything else he tried that didn't work, I could understand his thinking at least.

But the fucking scrub 3rd string backs. Especially since both Howard and Cohen are perfectly capable pass blockers. Holy fuck, that shit drove me crazy.
    Iím not really looking to do a lot of work right now. Iím looking to do the exact opposite of that.

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast