Which RB Should the Bears Draft?

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Thus your response to me was off topic.

Featuring Cohen more would lead to more fumbles, tho. He already led the league in this category for non-QBs with his current workload. Increasing it would "probably" lead to even more fumbles.

Just my $0.02

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Featuring Cohen more would lead to more fumbles, tho. He already led the league in this category for non-QBs with his current workload. Increasing it would "probably" lead to even more fumbles.

Just my $0.02

Fumbles are not necessarily linear. Further, his fumble rate on Special Teams is much higher than on Offense so you could resolve this by simply reducing his Special Team duties.

So thanks for sharing but my point still stands.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Makes sense. 2018 1st Team All Pro punt returner...we better 'reduce this duty' in 2019!

Lol, his impact on offense is much greater than his impact on Special Teams. Plenty of guys start out playing Special Teams but then stop when they get bigger roles on offense like Steve Smith, Antonio Brown and many others. Would be pretty stupid to limit someone on offense because of Special Teams and quite easy to manage that workload.

In a playoff game let him play ST. At critical moments during the season or if his workload on O has been light due to game situation then let him do it. But he is no Devin Hester and has a penchant for running sideways or backwards.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would make a move to the beginning of the 3rd round for Henderson. I literally think he is the perfect fit in the offense and has the explosion that they are lacking in the backfield from a traditional back.

The Bears have a lot of future picks staring at them.

4 Amos
4 Callahan
5 Mack

msadows

Liked Posts:
I like Henderson, but there's no way in hell he makes it to the 3rd round. I think the latest he goes is early in the 3rd. No way he makes it to the Bears pick.

Could be there. Maybe some teams will value him less because of competition. There are easily 7-8 backs that COULD be taken ahead of him, and I don't see more than one back going in the first round just based around how few teams have a dire need at the position and how weak the draft is at the top.

If he runs a quicker than expected 40, he prob gone tho.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Would be pretty stupid to limit someone on offense because of Special Teams and quite easy to manage that workload.

Almost as stupid as taking the current 1st Team All Pro Punt Returner off of punt return duty for the following season, with the rationalization of "he needed a bigger role on offense"!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Almost as stupid as taking the current 1st Team All Pro Punt Returner off of punt return duty for the following season, with the rationalization of "he needed a bigger role on offense"!

Good thing I never suggested taking him off completely. I said if you are worried about his fumbling on ST you can reduce not eliminate his ST duties.

I mean you were so worried about his 4 fumbles on 170 touches on O when I suggested increasing his role on O that I am shocked you are not concerned about his 3 fumbles/muffs on 33 Punt Returns.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Plenty of GOAT RB's had fumble issues early in their career. Including sweetness. Just Rory starting shit to start shit I guess.

I'm not worried about cohen, he's got giants mitts, dude will be fine.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I would make a move to the beginning of the 3rd round for Henderson. I literally think he is the perfect fit in the offense and has the explosion that they are lacking in the backfield from a traditional back.

The Bears have a lot of future picks staring at them.

4 Amos
4 Callahan
5 Mack
Yes !! Make it happen the guy can run routes too imagine Cohen and henderson standing next to trubisky you can do so much with that.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yes !! Make it happen the guy can run routes too imagine Cohen and henderson standing next to trubisky you can do so much with that.

Could do a lot of damage with 20/21 personnel. Like you said, start them both out in the backfield then you could motion cohen out to a trips formation with burton on the other side working the seam.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Plenty of GOAT RB's had fumble issues early in their career. Including sweetness. Just Rory starting shit to start shit I guess.

Not sure what this means, especially the comp to Payton. Is Cohen a GOAT RB? Is Cohen anything like Payton? The answer to these questions is obviously a resounding "nope", so...

I'm just pointing out an important difference between Cohen and Howard (ball security) using factual data! Sorry to "start shit". You aren't worried about Cohen...great!

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Good thing I never suggested taking him off completely. I said if you are worried about his fumbling on ST you can reduce not eliminate his ST duties.

What does this mean? He returned 2 kicks all year. Those were his only other ST "duties" as I don't believe he was K/P/LS or played on the kick or punt coverage teams. OK...you can take Cohen off spot kick-return duty. So are you going to "reduce" his punt return role...the role which earned him 1st team All Pro Status?

I am shocked you are not concerned about his 3 fumbles/muffs on 33 Punt Returns.

A muff is not a fumble, so not sure why you lumped them both together. More failure from you. It's not that hard of a concept....

msadows

Liked Posts:
Not sure what this means, especially the comp to Payton. Is Cohen a GOAT RB? Is Cohen anything like Payton? The answer to these questions is obviously a resounding "nope", so...

I'm just pointing out an important difference between Cohen and Howard (ball security) using factual data! Sorry to "start shit". You aren't worried about Cohen...great!

I'm just pointing out that even the GREAT runningbacks had fumbling issues early in their careers. Not COMPARING Cohen to sweetness.

It isn't rare for a RB to have those early on.

You're just being a grumpy old dick and looking to argue.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yup, the next Adrian Peterson.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What does this mean? He returned 2 kicks all year. Those were his only other ST "duties" as I don't believe he was K/P/LS or played on the kick or punt coverage teams. OK...you can take Cohen off spot kick-return duty. So are you going to "reduce" his punt return role...the role which earned him 1st team All Pro Status?

A muff is not a fumble, so not sure why you lumped them both together. More failure from you. It's not that hard of a concept....

He had 4 fumbles on O. So the other 3 were on STs if the 7 you quoted is correct. I am asking why you are more concerned about 4 fumbles on 170 touches and not the 3 fumbles in 33 touches?

Yes I am aware he was 1st team All Pro but you brought up fumbling issues and his bigger fumbling issues were on STs.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I'm just pointing out that even the GREAT runningbacks had fumbling issues early in their careers. Not COMPARING Cohen to sweetness.

It isn't rare for a RB to have those early on.

You're just being a grumpy old dick and looking to argue.

So is Cohen no longer "early in his career", thus his fumbling issues are behind him? I'm not sure what you are even "arguing" at this point.

Again, I'm just pointing out an important difference between Cohen and Howard (ball security) using factual data. Sorry if that is being "grumpy". I'm not sure what the "argument" would be....Cohen fumbles more often than Howard. Fact.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
He had 4 fumbles on O. So the other 3 were on STs if the 7 you quoted is correct. I am asking why you are more concerned about 4 fumbles on 170 touches and not the 3 fumbles in 33 touches?

Yes I am aware he was 1st team All Pro but you brought up fumbling issues and his bigger fumbling issues were on STs.

You didn't answer my question about how you were going to reduce Cohen's ST duties yet not affect his PR duties.