Which RB Should the Bears Draft?

napo55

Liked Posts:
Now that Hunt has signed with Cleveland, it's looking very likely that the Bears will draft a RB. Fortunately there are a lot of very good backs that could be available in the 3rd or 4th rounds. So do they go for a speed back like Darrell Henderson or an every down guy like Elijah Holyfield? Seems like they already have a small speedy back in Cohen and a good blocking, power back in Howard.
So who is your candidate to draft?

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Now that Hunt has signed with Cleveland, it's looking very likely that the Bears will draft a RB. Fortunately there are a lot of very good backs that could be available in the 3rd or 4th rounds. So do they go for a speed back like Darrell Henderson or an every down guy like Elijah Holyfield? Seems like they already have a small speedy back in Cohen and a good blocking, power back in Howard.
So who is your candidate to draft?

Bears shouldn't waste any picks on a RB this year.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
We have much more important positions to fill. Have to see how FA sorts itself out first before I want us to touch a RB in any round...

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
The whole point of signing Hunt was that he would be cheap, knew the system, and wouldn't cost any picks.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I don't think we draft a RB this year. We still have Howard & Mizzell under contract for this season plus Cohen.

I think next year we draft a RB when we lose Howard.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I think they absolutely draft one. Mizzell sucks and Cohen is a receiver as much as he is a RB in this system. Singletary, Henderson, Hill, Snell and Holyfield would all be interesting choices. The Penn State kid is pretty good too.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I don't think we draft a RB this year. We still have Howard & Mizzell under contract for this season plus Cohen.

I think next year we draft a RB when we lose Howard.

Why do people keep mentioning Mizzell? What did he do to impress you during the season? He was the human drive killer

mikeyk

Liked Posts:
Dexter Williams - Notre Dame

THIS. He will fall to the 4th (most likely), has size and home run ability with low mileage on his body. Worth a shot for sure.

YoungPA

Liked Posts:
THIS. He will fall to the 4th (most likely), has size and home run ability with low mileage on his body. Worth a shot for sure.

He said he had a private meeting with the Bears at the Senior Bowl.

-Dont know how to attach the link-

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
T
[video=youtube_share;FZX5_8qJZWA]https://youtu.be/FZX5_8qJZWA[/video]

Perfect for the offense. Great reciever and quick back yet powerful in short yardage. He is being pegged as 3rd round at the earliest despite showing he can dominate the toughest confer.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why do people keep mentioning Mizzell? What did he do to impress you during the season? He was the human drive killer

He was really good at getting reps at inopportune times.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Ya'll know who I like. Henderson

RoZ2Ez.gif

Big fan of Anderson too, but I think its too much of a risk for a 4th round pick. 3 season ending injuries in 4 years is a big questionmark. However, I don't think there is a better fit in the draft than Anderson. His pass catching and route running ability is tremendous when you pair it with how explosive of a runner he is.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Good thing about this draft is there are plenty of backs that fit our style of offense in the middle rounds. I'll be shocked if we don't draft one if we dont pick up a FA RB. You don't draft Howards replacement next year, you draft him this year so you can decide in 2020 what to do with the position.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
True so many good choices for us but I hope it's just someone with home run ability.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I think Cohen should split out wide more than he lines up in the backfield. I say draft a back that can share the load with Howard and make that the versatile duo, and pepper in Cohen occasionally. Let next year's rotation go Howard - Rookie - Cohen with a 3:2:1 carry ratio, and our running game will be a force.

Mitchapalooza

Who has the biggest homerun ability that will realistically be there in the 3rd? I admit I haven't looked at any prospects this year since we have no 1st or 2nd rounder. Holyfield is a badass last name though so judging solely off his last name, I'm gonna go with him.