FA signing that improves team the most?

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I thought hunt was a no brainer but looking at some of the production you can get out of cheap draft picks in middle rounds, I’m not as upset as I thought I was going to be as signing hunt made too much sense especially given that he was paid 1 million????

I also have a bad feeling that Kevin white goes to the patriots and blows up!

I think an earl thomas/Landon Collins at safety might make the most impact of any other defensive player!

I would have said edge guy but since we picked up the option for Floyd who is good but not great. Although, if you bring in a Justin Houston and use all three at certain times? That would be incredible too!

On offense, runningback with home run ability and pass catching ability would be great too. I think however, Howard would work if they actually used play action when he’s on the field!

This team lacked explosive touchdowns! Some sort of homerun threat is needed and I think I’d draft the Memphis kid or even his backup due to his returning skills!

I truly believe we would have won the Super Bowl if we had Gould as our kicker. I think we were that good and would have beaten the patriots if we played them again!

Besides kicker and punter and kick returner, which free agent puts us over the top?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The salary cap is not a unicorn, it exists.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I don't believe Bears need one FA to improve the team. Let the young pups grow along with Nagy and the team will improve. But if I had to pick one, it would be an upgrade along the offensive line

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The salary cap is not a unicorn, it exists.
Are you trying to tell me unicorns don't exist? Son of a bitch, first Santa now unicorns

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
We have plenty of home run speed. If our five best playmakers are on the field, Trubisky has the option to get the ball to Cohen, Gabriel or Miller. The other two best playmakers are Howard and Robinson, both the kind of feature players that you can feed to grind out hard yards to open up the home runs. Believe it or not, outside of a little depth, our offensive skill players are in great shape.

In any case, no new player is likely to come here and put us "over the top." We already got that guy, his name is Mack and he turned a good team into a scary one on day 1. The difference in this team next year won't be a big splashy free agent signing or a high round draft pick; it will be a year of experience in a complex offense, a steady hand on defense, and the possibility of a mid round gem that puts us in Super Bowl contention

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't believe Bears need one FA to improve the team. Let the young pups grow along with Nagy and the team will improve. But if I had to pick one, it would be an upgrade along the offensive line
100% agree on all of this. Other considerations are a safety if Amos is gone. And my heart would be filled with joy if we could bring Robbie home.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Windy, you’re right and I love your posts! I rambled a bit out of frustration.

Special teams aren’t sexy but they were the difference in being probably realistically 14-2 at worst and then offensively the inexperience hurt us and Jackson not playing was huge too!

I know this is a big ask but if Hester was our returner and Gould our kicker, I think they would have won the Super Bowl!

I personally think too many teams undervalued the kicking game last year. I think you should be able to return more kicks with the late start if they kick it short. Benny cunningham as returner is a joke in my opinion!

I just think hunt was the only real difference maker and would have made life much easier for Trubisky. For the life of me I don’t see how you don’t outbid $1million dollars?

We have zero trade bait for picks. In the league I do think you can take a flier on a couple late round and udfa runningbacks evrry year and will hit pay dirt eventually!

Which back in the draft would you take? I wouldn’t pay any free agents over youth and potential especially this year. Running back by committee seems to be a theme that I’m getting used to now, hated it before and unfortunately Howard is that type of guy who needs a large amount of carries but I think you can get same production out ten backs in this draft as Howard. I’d keep Howard cuz he’s cheap but gotta do something about Mizzell and Cunningham. We need a speed guy like the dude from Memphis, either one. I’d actually take the backup bc he’s the best kick returner in college.

But i digress, we need a kicker badly! Punter too, and returner and that’s how I think this team gets better!

Who’s the biggest impact fa we sign this year?

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
They just signed Massie, that leaves long as the only one to be released and are there any stud o lineman younger and healthier than long?