Why Are Ppl So Concerned With The Bears RBs When Mitch Still Needs Passing Practice??

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
Truboosky really needs to learn to throw the ball. The boy cannot throw the ball with fire or passion. Maybe bring in Urlacher to coach him fire and passion

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Cohen is not a #1 running back. He’s a Swiss Army knife that Nagy deploys in the backfield, slot or outside to exploit mismatches.

They should keep Howard. He’s an excellent goal line back. They should also draft one and I’m willing to bet they will.

I’m sure Trubisky appreciates your staunch support.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Because we want Hareem Kunt!

greg23

Liked Posts:
Tarik Cohen is our #1 back?

That's a fact??

Guess you do learn something new every day.

napo55

Liked Posts:
I see Cohen transitioning to a WR/flanker role with occasional running plays. He's super effective as a receiver. That leaves an opening for a multi-talented RB to compliment Howard who can catch, pass block, as well as run the ball.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
he just can't catch worth a damn. He barely got any targets so his catching ability can't be improved.
False. He could and did improve. His catching ability is now acceptable. Will he ever be a natural catcher like a receiver? No, probably not. But to say that he cannot catch worth a damn is just plain wrong.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
A 2nd year QB needs more practice before the 3rd season.. What a revelation

mecha

Liked Posts:
Grimson. I think you're a quality individual. but this is a little silly.

Howard's still the top traditional rusher on the team. he got worse once Long went out. he doesn't really have moves or burst off the line, he needs space to spool up to get in good runs, and with poor run blocking, that's going to make him look bad. I don't think Nagy has beef with Howard to limit his carries, that goes entirely against the environment that this team has produced for the players, I just think he's gung ho on giving Trubisky a lot of reps. compared to 2017, which was fucking pathetic that they have a 2nd overall pick throwing 10-12 times a game, Nagy just inversed passing and rushing and now Howard gets 10-12 carries. any RB regardless of how good they are or not is not going to be overly successful getting anything less than 25 carries a game. historically across many offenses over the last 10 years, I think the Bears have been most successful with a balance between run/pass.

Pace should take advice from his previous huge blunder of dumping all the premier receiving talent and replacing them with the worst receiving corp. ever and just let Howard play his contract out before dumping him for a case of Gatorade.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cohen is not a #1 running back. He’s a Swiss Army knife that Nagy deploys in the backfield, slot or outside to exploit mismatches.

They should keep Howard. He’s an excellent goal line back. They should also draft one and I’m willing to bet they will.

So Tarik Cohen is not a "#1 running back" even though Matt Nagy uses him for literally everything and Jordan Howard is just an "excellent goal line back".

Does that make Trubisky our "lead back" or do I need to start a Mizzell thread?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Because our runningback was below average, and our qb was above average.

Unless somehow 3.7ypc became great and no one informed me.

Mitch is fine, I rewatched the playoff game yesterday to see how the run game was utilized and Mitch surprised me with his accuracy deep in that game.

The problem with the offense is that it was the first year in a complex system. I’m sure everyone, Mitch included, will improve next year.

lol

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
As fans we can worry about whatever we want, and you don't just concentrate on one thing at a time.....I think its ok to worry or be concerned about multiple things at the same time.....and as fans it really doesn't matter what we are worrying about.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Reminiscent of Cutler fanbois hating on forte, no?

Ha yeah kinda, although I don't know if anything will ever be as bizarre as that. Forte was hands down the best player on offense the whole time he was here. A true diamond in the rough. Would be amazing if he'd have come around 10 years later in 2018 instead of 2008. He'd have been even better in this offense. His 2013 season would be the norm and he'd have been a HOFer.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Reminiscent of Cutler fanbois hating on forte, no?

We all hope Trubisky improves, but I'm already preparing myself for the excuses next year.

"He didn't have much experience in high school/college, it's like his third rookie year...etc" lol.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah the college experience thing has well past run its course. After two seasons in the NFL with 27 starts, any given QB has more relevant experience to the professional game than anyone could have gotten in college.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
So Tarik Cohen is not a "#1 running back" even though Matt Nagy uses him for literally everything and Jordan Howard is just an "excellent goal line back".

Does that make Trubisky our "lead back" or do I need to start a Mizzell thread?

Cohen is certainly not a NFL number 1 back. He's a great weapon but he's utilized as a WR as much as anything. I said Howard is a great goal line back. Nagy used him in other ways too. Watch the off-season and you'll learn a little bit about how Nagy and Pace think about the position. I might be wrong but I doubt it.

Your Trubisky comment is simply ludicrous.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cohen is certainly not a NFL number 1 back. He's a great weapon but he's utilized as a WR as much as anything. I said Howard is a great goal line back. Nagy used him in other ways too. Watch the off-season and you'll learn a little bit about how Nagy and Pace think about the position. I might be wrong but I doubt it.

Your Trubisky comment is simply ludicrous.

Cohen lined up as an RB far more than a WR...so I would say he is used as an RB as much as anything.

Also...Trubisky led the team YPC...so is that really a "simply ludicrous" comment?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
False. He could and did improve. His catching ability is now acceptable. Will he ever be a natural catcher like a receiver? No, probably not. But to say that he cannot catch worth a damn is just plain wrong.

Was surprised to see his catch percentage for this year was 77%. So. he can catch worth a damn....his open field speed has always been his weakness. But he has a quick 15-20 yard burst which is enough to keep opposing defenses honest.

I really thought Nagy would utilize him more against the Eagles. So now Nagy hopefully has learned his lesson...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cohen lined up as an RB far more than a WR...so I would say he is used as an RB as much as anything.

Also...Trubisky led the team YPC...so is that really a "simply ludicrous" comment?

352 snaps at RB, 108 in slot and 76 out wide.

Let's say you give Cohen 12 rushes and 8 targets in the passing game of which he catches 5. Is that not RB 1 worthy in an era where RBs catch the ball more and more?

To me Cohen is the guy you feature and Howard if he stays is the guy you give carries too fill out the running game and wear teams down.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Because our runningback was below average, and our qb was above average.

Unless somehow 3.7ypc became great and no one informed me.

Mitch is fine, I rewatched the playoff game yesterday to see how the run game was utilized and Mitch surprised me with his accuracy deep in that game.

The problem with the offense is that it was the first year in a complex system. I’m sure everyone, Mitch included, will improve next year.
ElectricWeepyAppaloosa-size_restricted.gif