Can Ryan Nall take the next big step to become the hard nose runner?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Jo. Howa has basically lost an average yard per carry every single season he has been in the NFL. Nagy doesnt even trust him to run between the tackles and if he breaks through to the second level, Howard goes down like a sack of tonka trucks.

Iirc, NALL has that beef to him but also was pretty fast on the next gear. If Nagy is playing that Cunningham guy and little Mizzle, why not try out Nall ahead of them?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Duh. Word is Nall has already been fitted for his HoF jacket...

Blah blah blah you shit in every single thread so idc about ur sarcasm okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Despite what porkbreath/dweebcake/visiongirl says I think Nall could really be an asset. Far better than cunningbore and mistletoe

napo55

Liked Posts:
Nall actually looked a lot better than Mizzelli in preseason games. Why they promoted Miz rather than Nall is unknown.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If he changes his name from Ryan to Aleph, he'd improve infinitely.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not sure. Why do we want Nall when Howard needs more carries.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Perhaps Nall is the better gap blocking RB. Once you're buried on the depth chart like he was, you have very little chance to show anything once the season starts. Not saying we won't bring in more competition, but it is possible...

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure. Why do we want Nall when Howard needs more carries.

I've heard on CCS that if you draft a RB who is just like Jo. Howa, then that RB can be said to "compliment" Jo. Howa.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Though some posters offer no compliments at all.

CNiel36

Liked Posts:
Could Nall take Burton's spot on the team?

TrapperKarl

Liked Posts:
I thought Nall would offer flexibility
and replace Burton. He can run hard and has decent agility, can pass block, and he was also utilized in the passing game in college.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I commented on him being a possible TE when we drafted him. While it's not his position in college, he's the same height as Burton and actually measured faster, stronger, better jumps and shuttle while carrying more weight out of college, every metric and can block some.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I thought Nall would offer flexibility
and replace Burton. He can run hard and has decent agility, can pass block, and he was also utilized in the passing game in college.

Maybe he can, he just needed a season to learn all that. We will find out soon enough...

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
If we trade Howard, heads might turn toward Nall. But we've seen him play, he's not that quick nor powerful. I don't see him as a great shortyardage back.

Rather than keep Nall, as we add better Nagy-fitting RBs, have at least one of them be powerful/big enough to run between the tackles and be effective in shortyardage.

TrapperKarl

Liked Posts:
If we trade Howard, heads might turn toward Nall. But we've seen him play, he's not that quick nor powerful. I don't see him as a great shortyardage back.

Rather than keep Nall, as we add better Nagy-fitting RBs, have at least one of them be powerful/big enough to run between the tackles and be effective in shortyardage.

I agree Nall isn't too "quick", but he did have a 4.58 40 and a great 6.95 3-cone. Granted, combine #'s don't always equal game speed.

I still have some hope for him. He was fun to watch in college. He had some great runs and plenty of power. Hopefully he can bring that next season. Helfrich seems to love the guy. We'll see.

Visionman

Liked Posts:

Guess we will see if a year of learning the offense and in an NFL weight room changes any of that...

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Jo. Howa has basically lost an average yard per carry every single season he has been in the NFL. Nagy doesnt even trust him to run between the tackles and if he breaks through to the second level, Howard goes down like a sack of tonka trucks.

Iirc, NALL has that beef to him but also was pretty fast on the next gear. If Nagy is playing that Cunningham guy and little Mizzle, why not try out Nall ahead of them?

And you criticize my posts. lmao