Cubs formally joining with Sinclair for tv network

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stupid question I am sure, but here goes anyway...If I subscribe to the MLB At Bat app, I will still be able to watch all Cubs games that are not blacked out in my area, correct?

I'm 99.99% sure yes. MLB At Bat has all of the teams. Teams with varying different TV deals. Not making games available on MLB At Bat (and the desktop app) would be insanely stupid and likely breaking a deal with MLB. I pay around $125 year for it, and they're not going to want to lose that.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
...I don't plan on transmitting or reproducing any games....that would require downloading them which would be Illegal. Watching them is not. Technically, if anyone DVR's a game...you are breaking that rule which is why I don't think they say that anymore.

You really need to brush up on technology.

Dude, relax. Either you'll show me where I am wrong or you can be a man and admit you are wrong.

There is an exemption for personal recordings.

As for watching the stream, it has to be a legal stream. not, you changing your IP address to watch it either.

No you aren't going to get prosecuted for watching an illegal stream of a sporting event. That doesn't mean it's right.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Stupid question I am sure, but here goes anyway...If I subscribe to the MLB At Bat app, I will still be able to watch all Cubs games that are not blacked out in my area, correct?

What is your area? If it's in the Chicago market you won't be able to watch the games live.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

There was a guy on the score this morning, saying we (us regional subscribers) will probably still end up paying the same 11-12 a month to get the network. But where everyone is looking at it costing 11.00 a month, it is where sinclair jumps in. Thats what WGN and NBCSN have been getting. He made it sound like the main purpose of sinclair being involved was because they have 190 some stations and get into all the negotiating for the subscribers and having that clout to demand that the cubs network gets that share of the money both wgn and nbcsc were getting to air the cub games. He was saying that NBCSN are getting closer to 6.00 per subscriber. So the big bad sinclair will be scratching and clawing to get money away from NBC and WGN out of their monthly share, before setting this price that the cubs want so badly to figure out a budget, before just charging more for the cubs. IF the cubs were doing this on their own, seems like that step would be missed and they would try to name their price.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dude, relax. Either you'll show me where I am wrong or you can be a man and admit you are wrong.

As for watching the stream, it has to be a legal stream. not, you changing your IP address to watch it either.

No you aren't going to get prosecuted for watching an illegal stream of a sporting event. That doesn't mean it's right.

Dude? Dude? LOL...I don't have to prove a thing to you that you haven't already proven yourself....that You are a dork. And there is no reasoning with a dork, so go ahead and pay your money.....

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Sorry, I do not agree. Let's see how close I can get...Any transmission or reproduction with out the expressed written consent of Major League Baseball is strictly prohibited.

In what way is someone watching a stream transmitting the broadcast? The person hosting the stream is certainly doing that, but the person watching the stream is simply receiving that transmission.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
In what way is someone watching a stream transmitting the broadcast? The person hosting the stream is certainly doing that, but the person watching the stream is simply receiving that transmission.

Accomplice I would imagine.

Here's the line:

Any rebroadcast, reproduction, or other use of the pictures and accounts of this game without the express written consent of Major League Baseball is prohibited.

I would agree that it would be the "or other use"

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Rosenthal was on the score on the ride in, he said, its just going to be there, 5-7 dollars a month, and whether you may lose other stations you never watch to make up that difference, or a station you do like to make up the fee without raising the rates and blaming the cubs for it. He likened it to the tennis channel that sinclair runs and has no political angles. Did not think there were going to be any holdouts to take the station in their programming to be the ones people change from.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bah, Sinclair owns my local station, but with the Braves down the Road, no way I see regular Cubs games like in the old WGN Superstation days.

Goose22

Liked Posts:
What is your area? If it's in the Chicago market you won't be able to watch the games live.

I live in SW Missouri. The only blackouts I experience are when the Cubbies are playing the "Dirty Birds", but I can still watch the games on Fox Midwest. The MLB At Bat app is well worth the price for me to watch the Cubbies games. I appreciate all the help....GO CUBS GO!