Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 22 of 30

Thread: Cubs formally joining with Sinclair for tv network

  1. #1
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    10,643

    Default Cubs formally joining with Sinclair for tv network

    Bruce Levine
    @MLBBruceLevine
    The Chicago Cubs and Sinclair broadcasting will announce today the formation of Marquee regional sports network. This will be the exclusive home for all Chicago Cub TV games beginning in Feb 2020.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    All-Star chibears55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    12,923

    Default

    So now that a done deal..

    Should we expect a 10 yr 300 mil offer to Harper soon..

  4. #4
    All-Star anotheridiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So now that a done deal..

    Should we expect a 10 yr 300 mil offer to Harper soon..
    No, they still have not decided what the market is, or how much is going out of our cable bill per month to get the network. Seems anyone on cable is basically paying over 7.00 a month for ESPN, where cable subscribers are paying 4.25 for NBCSN. (per the score this morning). So whether its added to plans or separate add ons, they are far from knowing costs. Sure seems like Sinclair is waiting to figure this out until the point of no return.

    Sure sounds like it is going to be expensive, since it sounds like the majority of liberals are not going to put money in sinclairs pockets.
    109 years since the last back to back world titles

  5. #5
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    17,046

    Default

    Make it available ala carte to those of us out of town.

    I will buy the Marquee Sports Network, and drop MLB if cost is better.

  6. #6
    1-888-NEED-HIM brett05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    26,414

    Default

    the end of free baseball from Chicago.

    Any word yet on details of the deal from a financial perspective?
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

  7. #7
    Urblocks Wife Got a Raise Gustavus Adolphus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    26,549

    Default

    Sinclair, eh?
    My Current Alts
    1. HeHateMe
    2. Novak
    3. Warden of the Northeast
    4. Teddy KGB
    5. brett05
    6. BearDen

  8. #8
    Premium Member CRM 114's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    9,469

    Default

    That's Cub!

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    76

    Default

    great choice by the cubs. expect constant flaming by local media snowflakes

  10. #10
    All-Star Diehardfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Western Burbs
    Posts
    6,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the end of free baseball from Chicago.

    Any word yet on details of the deal from a financial perspective?
    Depends. If you rely solely on OTA, DISH or a cable provider...you could be correct to a certain extent. But they will have to stream it to run the games on the net and if it's streamed, you can get the games for free. It won't be the great quality of say Xfinity but it will be very watchable. Plus there will always be free games, probably not 162 but a decent amount.

  11. #11
    1-888-NEED-HIM brett05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    26,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diehardfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Depends. If you rely solely on OTA, DISH or a cable provider...you could be correct to a certain extent. But they will have to stream it to run the games on the net and if it's streamed, you can get the games for free. It won't be the great quality of say Xfinity but it will be very watchable. Plus there will always be free games, probably not 162 but a decent amount.
    Perhaps five or six games a year for free for the Cubs. That's kinda sad.

    I'm not talking about stealing a stream.
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

  12. #12
    Bears zack54attack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Forest Park
    Posts
    11,582

    Default

    Okay, but where's Harper?
    I'm a Chicagoan till Chicago ends,
    Till we blow like Chicago wind


    Hidden Content

  13. #13
    1-888-NEED-HIM brett05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    26,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zack54attack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Okay, but where's Harper?
    Las Vegas
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

  14. #14
    All-Star Diehardfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Western Burbs
    Posts
    6,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Perhaps five or six games a year for free for the Cubs. That's kinda sad.

    I'm not talking about stealing a stream.
    Brett, it's not stealing anything. The streams are out there and not encrypted, so its like logging onto any website. It's not unlawful to watch any stream....if you download the stream, that's a different story. I have an Android Box that I bought at Amazon, btw and the first thing I watched, I downloaded. I had no idea I was doing anything wrong. Within a couple hours Xfinity made sure I knew was breaking the law with a threatening email....I've not done it since and have watched 100's of TV shows and movies without a problem. Cubs baseball will be no different.

  15. #15
    1-888-NEED-HIM brett05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    26,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diehardfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brett, it's not stealing anything. The streams are out there and not encrypted, so its like logging onto any website. It's not unlawful to watch any stream....if you download the stream, that's a different story. I have an Android Box that I bought at Amazon, btw and the first thing I watched, I downloaded. I had no idea I was doing anything wrong. Within a couple hours Xfinity made sure I knew was breaking the law with a threatening email....I've not done it since and have watched 100's of TV shows and movies without a problem. Cubs baseball will be no different.
    Sorry, I do not agree. Let's see how close I can get...Any transmission or reproduction with out the expressed written consent of Major League Baseball is strictly prohibited.
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

  16. #16
    All-Star anotheridiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zack54attack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Okay, but where's Harper?
    pitchers and catchers had to report today, the rest of them are next week.
    109 years since the last back to back world titles

  17. #17
    Premium Member CRM 114's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    9,469

    Default Cubs formally joining with Sinclair for tv network

    Quote Originally Posted by zack54attack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Okay, but where's Harper?
    Not with the Cubs according to Maddon. Of course Joe will soon have that in common with Harper.

  18. #18
    All-Star anotheridiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,526

    Default

    I saw one article about this being a regional sports network, so that implies that out of state fans will not have it available to them, unless they went the PS4 or apple google roku tv route. There are so many ways they can get this to people, just wonder how that MLB network money all teams share plays into it.
    109 years since the last back to back world titles

  19. #19
    All-Star Diehardfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Western Burbs
    Posts
    6,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry, I do not agree. Let's see how close I can get...Any transmission or reproduction with out the expressed written consent of Major League Baseball is strictly prohibited.
    Jesus, I don't plan on transmitting or reproducing any games....that would require downloading them which would be Illegal. Watching them is not. Technically, if anyone DVR's a game...you are breaking that rule which is why I don't think they say that anymore.

    You really need to brush up on technology.

  20. #20
    Veteran Goose22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Stupid question I am sure, but here goes anyway...If I subscribe to the MLB At Bat app, I will still be able to watch all Cubs games that are not blacked out in my area, correct?

  21. #21
    Formerly known as 85Bears 85Bears's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Enemy territory...
    Posts
    1,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goose22 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stupid question I am sure, but here goes anyway...If I subscribe to the MLB At Bat app, I will still be able to watch all Cubs games that are not blacked out in my area, correct?
    I'm 99.99% sure yes. MLB At Bat has all of the teams. Teams with varying different TV deals. Not making games available on MLB At Bat (and the desktop app) would be insanely stupid and likely breaking a deal with MLB. I pay around $125 year for it, and they're not going to want to lose that.

  22. #22
    1-888-NEED-HIM brett05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    26,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diehardfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...I don't plan on transmitting or reproducing any games....that would require downloading them which would be Illegal. Watching them is not. Technically, if anyone DVR's a game...you are breaking that rule which is why I don't think they say that anymore.

    You really need to brush up on technology.
    Dude, relax. Either you'll show me where I am wrong or you can be a man and admit you are wrong.

    There is an exemption for personal recordings.

    As for watching the stream, it has to be a legal stream. not, you changing your IP address to watch it either.

    No you aren't going to get prosecuted for watching an illegal stream of a sporting event. That doesn't mean it's right.
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •