Schefter: Flacco Traded to Broncos

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Is he? Flacco is a better QB than Kase Ceenum. Elway just made the Denver Broncos a better football team.

Is he though? I'd actually rate Flacco on the same level as Keenum. Flacco's magical playoff run wasn A LOOOOOONG time ago...

PS (oddly enough, Keenum actually has a better career passer rating by a hair lol)

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Is he though? I'd actually rate Flacco on the same level as Keenum. Flacco's magical playoff run wasn A LOOOOOONG time ago...

PS (oddly enough, Keenum actually has a better career passer rating by a hair lol)

So does Cutler

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Got to say kind of shocked by this...

But at the end of the day, no matter how overrated he is(and he is), I think ANY team would take a qb that's won a superbowl and was the MVP of that Superbowl....

BEARS

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Lets not pretend Manning was great outside of one season in Denver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't matter; won a SB.

For myself, I'm not going to question the management of an organization that won a SB three years ago, when the team I root for hasn't won one in 35 years.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Doesn't matter; won a SB.

For myself, I'm not going to question the management of an organization that won a SB three years ago, when the team I root for hasn't won one in 35 years.

That doesn't make sense

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ravens saving $18m.

Liked Posts:
Elway is terrible. What's his fascination with these big immobile QB's? He failed with Brock, he failed with Paxton Lynch (who Spunky thought would be the Bears savior had we drafted him instead lolololo) and now he'll fail with Flacco.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Elway is terrible. What's his fascination with these big immobile QB's? He failed with Brock, he failed with Paxton Lynch (who Spunky thought would be the Bears savior had we drafted him instead lolololo) and now he'll fail with Flacco.

Elway is having a hard time evaluating talent

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would argue current Flacco is as functional as Super Bowl Manning.

Goes to show you what elway thinks of his current "QB" situation.

Doesn't really matter- KC has a lock on that division, and Elway is probably looking for a mentor for the QB to be named later, no more no less.
Pretty expensive for a mentor, plus didn't I hear he gave Jackson the cold shoulder? Maybe Elway wants to let their next rookie QB sit for a year. Either way I'd be unhappy if I were a Broncos fan.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
And it all would have been avoided had the Ravens put the franchise tag on Flacco...

what will the tag pay? average of top 5 is what 30 million? that is what Flacco got paid after they kept deferring money and never were able to fill a roster again.

Thats alot for a backup quarterback.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Flacco not an unexpected selection, considering the limited choices. Flacco seems more like Elway's character than say, Foles. Like Rory said, Flacco is consistent, a QB one can work with a high degree of certainty.

Financially ($30 mil for both), I guess it's certain Denver will trade or cut Keenum, right?... as opposed to letting them battle it out?

This tightens the 'non-backup QB' market to Foles and Keenum. I don't know if this moves the needle for Eagles to tag Foles?

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bill Barnwell has already assigned a letter grade to the trade. I am assuming it will be updated once minor details, such as the compensation sent to Baltimore, are known.

#SportsJournalism

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Bill Barnwell has already assigned a letter grade to the trade. I am assuming it will be updated once minor details, such as the compensation sent to Baltimore, are known.

#SportsJournalism

It's a 4th rounder

Prison_Mike

Liked Posts:
Bad deal.
3f200f05bd7745a2e94b7e572d6b1fb8.gif

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's one year for $18m. I haven't checked their cap situation but the Flacco part isn't going to hurt them. Deal hinges on what they gave for him.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Denver Broncos are a hot mess.