Schefter: Flacco Traded to Broncos

msadows

Liked Posts:
That's just stupid.
Just pretend Baltimore had no backup and wanted one on the chance that Jackson got injured.

Their choice was some run of the mill FA backup or trading a 4th for Flacco, giving him $18.5 M and using up $10M in cap space. That is essentially the choice they had. Who in the fuck willingly gives up a 4th and $18.5 M for a guy that may never see the field?

Obviously you and me see things differently.

Its not about the pick really to me, since the Ravens are in playoff contention now. A 4th rounder is nice, but the playoff window in this league doesn't last long.

18.5M is a hefty sum, not arguing that, but he also has a non guaranteed salary. You could cut him next year or trade him. There aren't any backups in this league better than flacco, and there isn't a QB in the league more prone to injury than Jackson(Due to his play style, unless it changes next year).

Historically QB's who depend on their legs are just a waiting game to see when they get injured, If I were the Ravens GM i'd rather not waste a playoff potential season by playing RG3 if Lamar goes down early.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Why do you think Denver didn't trade for Foles instead of Flacco?