Schefter: Flacco Traded to Broncos

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Elway's thinking, "I'll provide him better weapons and get a repeat of his epic SB run"

Flacco just became the Cousins of the AFC West

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Schefter:
“It should be a familiar fit for Flacco, who worked with Fangio his first two years in Baltimore while Fangio was the linebackers coach.”

Come on, man...

Sometimes Schefter just keeps talking to talk.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Schefter:
“It should be a familiar fit for Flacco, who worked with Fangio his first two years in Baltimore while Fangio was the linebackers coach.”

Come on, man...

Sometimes Schefter just keeps talking to talk.
Not sure what you mean. It should be really familiar for Flacco. Harbaugh has two arms, legs, and eyes and speaks using words. Fangio does exactly the same. Sheftey has such insight.

Last edited:

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not sure what you mean. It should be really familiar for Flacco. Harbaugh has two arms, legs, and eyesand speaks using words. Fangio does as well. Sheftey has such insight.

Also Flacco would have familiarity with a fangio defense since he threw to it a lot

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Flacco has a great arm, but he has a slower delivery and runs like a sloth, so he needs an elite o-line, and unless they get that in Denver he will fail.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-trade-ravens-broncos-how-did-denver-get-here

"In 2019, though, the Broncos will add $18.5 million to their cap, which leaves them with $18.3 million in space per Spotrac. Denver can create $10.3 million in room by releasing the injured Sanders, but it probably needs to add at least one veteran wideout, if not a tight end to go with him. The Broncos need to find a way to bring back Paradis, their star center, given that they're already weak up front.

They're also stuck with a minimum of $10 million on their cap for Keenum, who has $7 million of his $18 million base salary guaranteed in addition to $3 million of his prorated signing bonus. Keenum will have no trade value at that $18 million figure and will likely be released by the Broncos unless he takes a huge pay cut, which wouldn't make sense."

msadows

Liked Posts:
Shoulda just drafted the kid from duke and let case play out the season while the kid learns.

Instead they pretty much guaranteed Vic is fired before his contract is up. We might be in the market for a DC again by then.

Stupid move IMO for the ravens too. Qbs like Lamar Jackson get injured every year in the pros.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Shoulda just drafted the kid from duke and let case play out the season while the kid learns.

Instead they pretty much guaranteed Vic is fired before his contract is up. We might be in the market for a DC again by then.

Stupid move IMO for the ravens too. Qbs like Lamar Jackson get injured every year in the pros.
So Denver is dumb for trading for an overpaid, average, and declining QB and Baltimore is dumb for not keeping an overpaid, average, and decline QB?

msadows

Liked Posts:
So Denver is dumb for trading for an overpaid, average, and declining QB and Baltimore is dumb for not keeping an overpaid, average, and decline QB?

Well one already has an overpaid, average, declining QB. So yes, it was stupid for Denver to trade for a QB no better than their current one.

Its stupid for the Ravens for other reasons. They are one big hit on Jackson away from starting RG3 and picking in the top 10.

You know how to read, congrats.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Well one already has an overpaid, average, declining QB. So yes, it was stupid for Denver to trade for a QB no better than their current one.

Its stupid for the Ravens for other reasons. They are one big hit on Jackson away from starting RG3 and picking in the top 10.

You know how to read, congrats.
So trading away an overpaid average QB, saving $18.5M,creating $10M in cap space, and getting a 4th rnd pick, is dumb because just in case your starter gets injured you can put in that QB that is marginally better than a scrub, so that you may win an extra game or two, taking you out of position to potentially draft your next franchise QB? Not even sure how to respond to that.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I applaud Baltimore in moving Flacco....but they are still fucked with Jackson masquerading around as a QB

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I applaud Baltimore in moving Flacco....but they are still fucked with Jackson masquerading around as a QB
Yeah, he wouldn't prevent me from drafting / acquiring what I felt was a franchise QB if I was DeCosta.

msadows

Liked Posts:
So trading away an overpaid average QB, saving $18.5M,creating $10M in cap space, and getting a 4th rnd pick, is dumb because just in case your starter gets injured you can put in that QB that is marginally better than a scrub, so that you may win an extra game or two, taking you out of position to potentially draft your next franchise QB? Not even sure how to respond to that.

You really think they are drafting another qb in the first round if jackson goes down? lol. okay. He's the future and its easy to see that they think that.

If you have a QB like jackson you best hope you have a good backup plan. Baltimore was a playoff team last year, as mediocre as he is RG3 is horrid. If he goes down early they are picking top 12 easily. He's one big hit from being out for the season. Flacco's contract is free of guarantees. Good luck finding a better backup.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Flacco is gone because they know he's not the future more than they are sure Jackson is. They just knew they weren't going to re-sign Flacco and that next year was Jackson's see what we got year. This was more Flacco being out, at least once his contract was up, than any assurances about Jackson.

What they do at QB in 2020 has to do with Jackson's play and their draft position.

Washington drafted RG3 #2. Guess when they drafted their next QB. 100 picks later.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In retrospect, it seems odd that the Broncos didn’t hire Kubiak. He was Flacco’s OC when he made that super bowl run.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Baltimore would be wise to give Jackson a chance. If the Bears just looked at Trubisky's numbers last year they would have quit too.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You really think they are drafting another qb in the first round if jackson goes down? lol. okay. He's the future and its easy to see that they think that.

If you have a QB like jackson you best hope you have a good backup plan. Baltimore was a playoff team last year, as mediocre as he is RG3 is horrid. If he goes down early they are picking top 12 easily. He's one big hit from being out for the season. Flacco's contract is free of guarantees. Good luck finding a better backup.
That's just stupid.
Just pretend Baltimore had no backup and wanted one on the chance that Jackson got injured.

Their choice was some run of the mill FA backup or trading a 4th for Flacco, giving him $18.5 M and using up $10M in cap space. That is essentially the choice they had. Who in the fuck willingly gives up a 4th and $18.5 M for a guy that may never see the field?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I don’t believe Lamar Jackson will be a good long-term quarterback in the NFL.

But I do believe Baltimore believes he is. Hence the Flacco trade.

Regardless of Flacco’s decline, if they didn’t think Lamar Jackson was the guy, they wouldn’t have traded Flacco.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Joe Flacco isn't the answer in Denver. Denver's hopes are all pinned on the defense, that is why Fangio is there. For all intents and purposes he is a head coach in name only and a defensive coordinator in reality. Elway is running the show. I think they will be better than last year, but Fangio is going to have to pull a rabbit out of Von Miller's ass for them to be in serious contention.