Edge Shopping on a Budget

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Pass on Lynch. He's due to go AWOL this season. It's all he's ever done playing football. Show promise and then blow it.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Terrell Suggs is 72 years old and has one leg - but could still probably get some sacks in limited snaps. Hasn’t he been playing for like 20 years? And JA passed him for some bum, probably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Terrell Suggs is 72 years old and has one leg - but could still probably get some sacks in limited snaps. Hasn’t he been playing for like 20 years? And JA passed him for some bum, probably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, he's 45 now. He has no sacks, one tackle, and he fumbled and the lost the ball 32 times last year. And he only played 32 snaps in 3 games. He retired, but maybe we can lure him out with cheeseburgers.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Edge shopping on a budget is like Offensive Tackle shopping on a budget. Better to let the draft picks show what they got.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Edge shopping on a budget is like Offensive Tackle shopping on a budget. Better to let the draft picks show what they got.
BPA in the draft... I'd be looking for an OLB in this draft. But you have to consider:

1. Number of OLBs you have now, and how many will be on your 53man Roster -- which is usually 5
- Now: Mack, Floyd, Irving, Fitts (6th Rd), Acho ($2.3mil or $250k out)
- many expect Acho released

2. What happens if you draft an OLB?

- If draft OLB: is the draft OLB, Irving and Fitts going to be good enough? I'd say probably not. Irving had 1 sack, 8 tackles, not looking quite ready for primetime; And Fitts didn't show enough at all, to the point you might even consider him for the PS.

- Mack and Floyd have to rest some snaps. And they could get injured, Floyd has a history of injury and concussion. Are you really covered properly with Irving, Fitts (6th Rd) and draft pick (3rd to 7th round)?

3. Sign FA -- if you sign a FA like Wake or Suggs, you have a healthy rotation, maybe add one as a DE on passing downs. And at least one OLB who can get sacks if starter is injured. You're developing Irving and Fitts.

- If you also draft an OLB, you can consider 6 OLB (especially if you're getting good ST help), or place one on the PS, but you'd want to avoid that.