OT: How Big of a Clown College Can ESPN Become?

cd35

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;2aeqmFJGLnE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aeqmFJGLnE[/video]

He's probably the worst which is saying a lot and this is probably the funniest. He doesn't know anything.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
ESPN reporting that LaFleur won't let Rodgers audible this year. Yeah, okay. Good luck with that, clowns.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
ESPN reporting that LaFleur won't let Rodgers audible this year. Yeah, okay. Good luck with that, clowns.

does ESPN even watch the games?

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ESPN is fine for live events. On occasion I will watch their NFL pre-game but nothing else.

E.F.Hutton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I really miss 'Boomer' and his incredible ability to run out of air at the end of a sentence.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I really miss 'Boomer' and his incredible ability to run out of air at the end of a sentence.

Drew Magary on Berman, it's a long article but worth it IMO opinion.

https://deadspin.com/chris-berman-was-the-worst-1791083941

"Berman’s self-appointed M.O. was to be the NFL’s Head Chum, a job that has become hilariously outdated at a time when the NFL is receiving long-overdue scrutiny for the way it conducts business, from stadium issues to domestic violence to the ever-present specter of devastating brain injuries. Berman was never equipped to handle any of this shit. Talk to him about shady financing deals for stadiums and springs will come flying out of his brain. There was never much in the way of nuance to Chris Berman (takes one to know one, I know). His style never evolved. All you got with Berman was his constant assumption that you loved him. He declared himself the face of the NFL and never, ever let you forget it."

TD;DR Berman was and still is a pussy and a shill for the NFL.

"Finally, in an accidentally flawless summation of Berman’s career, here’s Mel Kiper Jr.:"

I remember in one of the early years, Chris is eating a big tuna fish sandwich. He’s got his earpiece out, and we’re 10 seconds to air, out of the commercial. And I tell him we’re going back on the air. He spits the tuna out, he’s got mayonnaise on his cheek and he’s like, “Welcome back to the NFL Draft!“

E.F.Hutton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Drew Magary on Berman, it's a long article but worth it IMO opinion.

https://deadspin.com/chris-berman-was-the-worst-1791083941

"Berman’s self-appointed M.O. was to be the NFL’s Head Chum, a job that has become hilariously outdated at a time when the NFL is receiving long-overdue scrutiny for the way it conducts business, from stadium issues to domestic violence to the ever-present specter of devastating brain injuries. Berman was never equipped to handle any of this shit. Talk to him about shady financing deals for stadiums and springs will come flying out of his brain. There was never much in the way of nuance to Chris Berman (takes one to know one, I know). His style never evolved. All you got with Berman was his constant assumption that you loved him. He declared himself the face of the NFL and never, ever let you forget it."

TD;DR Berman was and still is a pussy and a shill for the NFL.

"Finally, in an accidentally flawless summation of Berman’s career, here’s Mel Kiper Jr.:"

I remember in one of the early years, Chris is eating a big tuna fish sandwich. He’s got his earpiece out, and we’re 10 seconds to air, out of the commercial. And I tell him we’re going back on the air. He spits the tuna out, he’s got mayonnaise on his cheek and he’s like, “Welcome back to the NFL Draft!“

"And never mind that, for decades now, Berman has been an unwelcome presence during The Masters, the Home Run Derby, and virtually every other major sporting event that is not improved when you add in a bunch of Fred Flintstone farting noises."

Excellent article.