Comp Picks

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am operating under the assumption that the Bears are going to get priced out on both of them. Multiple publications are projecting Callahan at 7+.

Swinging a multi year deal at 7 or more annually is going to require restructuring money and moving it into the future.

So, I do not think the Bears are going to "let them walk" I am not sure the Bears are going to be able to compete with the open market. Until they re-sign I will assume they are leaving because of the Bears cap space.

carts and horses and whatnot

"multiple publications are projecting" gets a big shrug from me

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
carts and horses and whatnot

"multiple publications are projecting" gets a big shrug from me

Based on last years numbers he should ask for 7 million.

DJ Hayden, got 6 million from the Jags and is not as good a player with an equal injury history. Aaron Colvin 8.5, 7 for Callahan is not crazy.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Based on last years numbers he should ask for 7 million.

DJ Hayden, got 6 million from the Jags and is not as good a player with an equal injury history. Aaron Colvin 8.5, 7 for Callahan is not crazy.

*big shrug*

Projecting this stuff is a race to a finish line that you are not allowed to cross. We will all find out the numbers at the same time no matter how much projecting happens before that.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
*big shrug*

Projecting this stuff is a race to a finish line that you are not allowed to cross. We will all find out the numbers at the same time no matter how much projecting happens before that.

What should we do in the meantime? Enter a Remy clock management vortex and wait till March 10th?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
One of the beat guys said that Callahan has a chronic hip issue that the new staff and he finally figured out a plan that worked.

It might have been Biggs who said it is a maitenance thing more than a dabilitating thing.

Well that would definitely change things for me if true. I don't want any player with chronic hip issues no matter what position they play.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Well that would definitely change things for me if true. I don't want any player with chronic hip issues no matter what position they play.
I am not enlightened enough as to how manageable hip issues are for NFL players to say I would not want a player with such a condition.
Please explain as to why you would not sign any player that has never missed a game due to a condition only a beat writer has ever mentioned, especially one that, assuming it exists, is said to be manageable as a "maintenance thing."

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am not enlightened enough as to how manageable hip issues are for NFL players to say I would not want a player with such a condition.
Please explain as to why you would not sign any player that has never missed a game due to a condition only a beat writer has ever mentioned, especially one that, assuming it exists, is said to be manageable as a "maintenance thing."

I agree. Apparently, in his first couple of seasons is was causing some soft tissue issues and throwing his alignment out. The staff really worked on it in the offseason and Callahan was much healthier and less nicked up. I think that similar things can be said for a number of guys.

This strength and conditioning program seems to have cleaned up a lot of these soft issue/lingering issues that guys had.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I agree. Apparently, in his first couple of seasons is was causing some soft tissue issues and throwing his alignment out. The staff really worked on it in the offseason and Callahan was much healthier and less nicked up. I think that similar things can be said for a number of guys.

This strength and conditioning program seems to have cleaned up a lot of these soft issue/lingering issues that guys had.
I have a chronic condition where I need to crap daily. It seems to really flair up after a drink coffee in the morning. I have learned to manage it with taking a shit. Sadly, I think I will be dealing with it the rest of my life. Thankfully, it doesn't affect my eye exam game, unless I drink like 12 natty lights the day before.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have a chronic condition where I need to crap daily. It seems to really flair up after a drink coffee in the morning. I have learned to manage it with taking a shit. Sadly, I think I will be dealing with it the rest of my life. Thankfully, it doesn't affect my eye exam game, unless I drink like 12 natty lights the day before.

dabears took the comment the wrong way.

The beat writer was saying it as a reason to be more comfortable with signing Callahan even with his injuries.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I would never want you being a starter for the Bears with that chronic condition, especially if you are drinking black coffee instead of gateraid during timeouts.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would never want you being a starter for the Bears with that chronic condition, especially if you are drinking black coffee instead of gateraid during timeouts.

Can you imagine what the anti-Kaepernick rednecks would think about someone not just kneeling for the anthem, but totally sitting down and taking their noon dump?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Umm when did this thread become about taking a crap?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
The Bears are very close to being in the place to earn some comp picks and like you said that could happen as soon as 2020 if we don't re-sign Amos and Callahan and don't replace them with players at their value and we're close because we have players like D.Bush and S.McManis who just might be able to replace one of both of them. It would be a little scary having both Bush and McManis taking over such important roles but sure would be nice having some extra draft picks in 2020 for sure.

Bush and McManis replacing Amos and Callahan would make the defense significantly weaker. McManis was also injured last year and sat out a few games.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
dabears took the comment the wrong way.

The beat writer was saying it as a reason to be more comfortable with signing Callahan even with his injuries.

Yeah i think that's exactly what i did. You hear chronic hip issue for a football player and the first thoughts can't be good ones, or at least they weren't for me since there's been cases that hip issues have ruined some players careers in not just football but probably multiple sports. Even if it's being said that it's something that can be managed it would still make me nervous, but i'm no doctor so maybe it's just in my head and is something that will never become significant enough to make him miss any significant amount of games or mess with his career. I love the kid and how good he's become as a top 3 slot CB in the NFL so if Pace is comfortable with whatever the team docs say enough to sign him then i'm obviously gonna be good with it.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Bush and McManis replacing Amos and Callahan would make the defense significantly weaker. McManis was also injured last year and sat out a few games.

Yeah i agree with that and was just using us not re-signing either as an example of how we could get some comp picks which would be much needed but am actually hoping we sign at least one of them. It would be nice for us to finally get in that place where we could afford to lose a big name player or two and be able to replace them in house or with someone much cheaper so we can start getting those comp picks like teams like Balt, GB, NE and a few others do every damn offseason.