1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
5714091328_dbbf6e8446-300x225.jpg

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm pretty sure Fangio knew that when he was hired. Another genius article from Dan Bernstein.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Maybe they're still going to draft a QB at ten.

That would have gotten you Patrick Mahomes a couple of years ago.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Feel sorta bad for Fangio. He knew the hour was getting late in his career for a HC gig and he was left with the drunk ugo still hanging around at last call.

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
https://670thescore.radio.com/vic-fangio-learns-boss-john-elway-denver-broncos

Funny story about Elway. We just hosted an event for the Broncos during the SB and Peyton was contractually obligated to attend and do pictures. The Broncos President's EA said Manning would & Elway wouldn't be caught dead in the same room unless necessary.

Is this meant to read that "Manning & Elway wouldn't be caught dead in the same room together?" Those two hate each other? Did not know that.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Maybe they're still going to draft a QB at ten.

That would have gotten you Patrick Mahomes a couple of years ago.

Do you think they would have to trade up? The only 3 worth taking in the first round are Haskins, Grier, and Murray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Flacco is a one year deal at market price. He's better than Keenum and paid the same. They do eat 10m of Keenum if not traded.

Better to have a bandaid than bleed out. Way to much negative is being made of this trade unless they gave too much in picks. I'm not an Elway fan but he just improved the roster and got a bridge QB that can likely help a young QB more than Keenum. Whether he finds his young QB or not is a different matter but about all you can do is thread water in the meantime.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
He's better than Keenum and paid the same.

Better to have a bandaid than bleed out.

Very debatable that Flacco is better at this point. Also, very debatable that the bandaid is better... most often teams end up in "stuck in mediocrity" with the bandaid approach as opposed to "blowing it up". Bears fans should know this very well firsthand...

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
If they were smart they would have just signed Mike Glennon to start for a year while they draft their qb of the future in the first rd. At least that's what I would have done.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Very debatable that Flacco is better at this point. Also, very debatable that the bandaid is better... most often teams end up in "stuck in mediocrity" with the bandaid approach as opposed to "blowing it up". Bears fans should know this very well firsthand...

Bandaids aren't necessarily an approach. Sometimes you just need one to stop the bleeding. Point of my post. They need to draft a young QB and probably will but until they actually have one... Maybe they should rip off both their bandaids and just run the ball.

Flacco is not something I would have done either. I just don't think it's that big a deal.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bandaids aren't necessarily an approach. Sometimes you just need one to stop the bleeding. Point of my post. They need to draft a young QB and probably will but until they actually have one... Maybe they should rip off both their bandaids and just run the ball.

They cant run because their QB play is trash. Sad thing is they have a great RB in Lindsay

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They cant run because their QB play is trash. Sad thing is they have a great RB in Lindsay

I know. It was facetious and you just gave the reason why they got Flacco as their placeholder. It's not just that Keenum was bad, he looked lost.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Flacco is a one year deal at market price. He's better than Keenum and paid the same. They do eat 10m of Keenum if not traded.

Better to have a bandaid than bleed out. Way to much negative is being made of this trade unless they gave too much in picks. I'm not an Elway fan but he just improved the roster and got a bridge QB that can likely help a young QB more than Keenum. Whether he finds his young QB or not is a different matter but about all you can do is thread water in the meantime.

Flacco's not better. I was listening to some analysis of this trade and Flacco is equal to or worse than Keenum in basically every measurement. Pretty dumb move by Elway.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Do you think they would have to trade up? The only 3 worth taking in the first round are Haskins, Grier, and Murray

Grier, no. Lock and Daniel Jones much more likely along with Haskins and Murray.

My personal opinion is no QB is a top 20 prospect this year.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Grier, no. Lock and Daniel Jones much more likely along with Haskins and Murray.

My personal opinion is no QB is a top 20 prospect this year.

Interesting. I don’t know anything about Jones because I don’t think I watched a Duke game this year but I’ve seen a few Missouri games and i just wasn’t impressed with Lock

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Interesting. I don’t know anything about Jones because I don’t think I watched a Duke game this year but I’ve seen a few Missouri games and i just wasn’t impressed with Lock

With a lot of college QBs it's tough to gauge them just watching a few random games because often there is a significant talent disparity in the rest of the roster. Clayton Thorson from NW is a good example. Never really looked like an NFL prospect because NW's skill players were so bad. But he's likely going to be a mid-rounder.

Grier looks great because he's got guys running wide open all over the place - classic Big 12. But in reality he's got mediocre arm talent that probably won't translate well.