Biggs: Bears need a RB for 15 touches per game

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
So is this how it is here now?

Reasonable Person: "We should definitely try to find a replacement for the running back who clearly doesn't fit the system and is on the last year of his deal."

CCS User: "Nah."

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think based on what is in the draft, it seems deep at those 3, and at this moment the Bears have serious needs at those positions.

TE and OG could also be on the table. It is a very talented TE draft so that might be the value as well.

But prior to free agency and not knowing what will happen with Amos and Callahan, I think the best odds is on both leaving, the Bears are going to need immediate competition to start at those spots.

TE could be a good mid round pick. Shaheen is just not developing well and Burton is still looking for his masculinity.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
So is this how it is here now?

Reasonable Person: "We should definitely try to find a replacement for the running back who clearly doesn't fit the system and is on the last year of his deal."

CCS User: "Nah."

Reductio ad absurdum.

Context: Limited cap for FA and limited draft picks leads to ongoing questions of whether Howard CAN be fit in 2019 since he HAS to start in 2019 anyway. This undermines your attempted rhetorical dismissal of the discussion at hand.

PS.

lol at "how it is here now" as if this thread represents anywhere near the full crazy that can be found at CCS. lol

kg1187

Liked Posts:
Disagree about adding a mid round TE to the mix. Rookie TE's usually don't do much their rookie season. Heck even past first rounder's like OJ Howard and Hayden Hurst didn't do much in their first campaign.

If the Bears want to add a TE who can help now it needs to be in free agency. I realize the budget is tight but they'd have better luck at snagging a day one contributor in the free agency than the draft. Selecting a day three TE probably just add another warm body to the mix next season but not much else.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Disagree about adding a mid round TE to the mix. Rookie TE's usually don't do much their rookie season. Heck even past first rounder's like OJ Howard and Hayden Hurst didn't do much in their first campaign.

If the Bears want to add a TE who can help now it needs to be in free agency. I realize the budget is tight but they'd have better luck at snagging a day one contributor in the free agency than the draft. Selecting a day three TE probably just add another warm body to the mix next season but not much else.

I don't see the need at TE. Shaheen got injured in preseason, had he not he would have been a major part of the offense all season long. He was a feature heading into the season and all throughout training camp for anyone who attended.

Now, if he would be a PRODUCTIVE part of the offense is yet to be seen. His growth has been stunted by injuries. I doubt he will ever be anything above average, but I also very much doubt that he won't have every opportunity to produce coming into next year. Leaves very little meaningful playtime for a TE next year when you factor in shaheen and burton.

This is the same GM who allowed KW to get starter snaps for 3 years in a row after injuries.

I doubt we draft or sign another TE.

msadows

Liked Posts:
It is trending in that direction pretty quickly.

Hes a 2nd string TE. Which is not a good player in this league.

He isn't bad for what we would ask of him(blocking and redzone threat), but he is VERY bad for where he was drafted.

I doubt he ever gets a 2nd contract with the team, but I also doubt they look to replace TE #2 next year.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hes a 2nd string TE. Which is not a good player in this league.

He isn't bad for what we would ask of him(blocking and redzone threat), but he is VERY bad for where he was drafted.

I doubt he ever gets a 2nd contract with the team, but I also doubt they look to replace TE #2 next year.

I think with the number of targets we can likely expect at TE 2 that a 4th or 5th round pick is more than reasonable. Especially considering we don’t have a backup for Burton.

What happens if Burton is injured?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I think with the number of targets we can likely expect at TE 2 that a 4th or 5th round pick is more than reasonable. Especially considering we don’t have a backup for Burton.

It will be interesting to see if they have a role for Nall next season. I was invited to an OTA last year and Nall worked with the running backs and tight ends. In pre-season games, he was only deployed as a running back. He is smooth catching the football. I hope a year with a NFL ream will help him blossom into a useful weapon. I think a developed Nall brings more to the table than keeping Michael Burton on the 53. Not a conventional backup for Trey but someone that might be able to shoulder some of the load...

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
MJD and TD throw out Hill and Anderson as under the radar...

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WtIcX3RP3aU[/video]

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
MJD and TD throw out Hill and Anderson as under the radar...

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WtIcX3RP3aU[/video]
Injuries will drop him but I would take a long look at Anderson in the 4th round even if it means him missing the early part of the season...….Anderson has that much overall talent.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

its the same argument made for parkey, how much can you tie up in the TE. The guy you decided to pay like Gronk is gonna be stuck here.

msadows

Liked Posts:

Then we are more than likely fucked, just like the majority of teams in the nfl if their starting te goes down.

I just see te being a luxury because I think shaheen will get every single opportunity to succeeed and prove his draft position this year. We could still draft another te late, but I very much doubt he gets a lot of playtime

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Then we are more than likely fucked, just like the majority of teams in the nfl if their starting te goes down.

I just see te being a luxury because I think shaheen will get every single opportunity to succeeed and prove his draft position this year. We could still draft another te late, but I very much doubt he gets a lot of playtime

I think after the playoff game last season they won’t see it as much of a luxury.

4th or 5th round pick to me is well worth being covered.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Jordan-Howard-Yards-768x432.png
[/IMG]

Whatever happens at RB, the O-line/Nagy have got to get better at helping whoever is running the ball.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Greg Gabriel
@greggabe
The best back in this draft for Bears offense is Derrell Henderson from Memphis but I doubt he gets to late 3
9:28 AM · Feb 13, 2019 · Twitter for iPhone

msadows

Liked Posts:
Greg Gabriel
@greggabe
The best back in this draft for Bears offense is Derrell Henderson from Memphis but I doubt he gets to late 3
9:28 AM · Feb 13, 2019 · Twitter for iPhone

been saying this since the season ended.

heres to hoping other teams pass on him due to him playing against lesser competition. He is a perfect fit for this offense.