Biggs: Bears need a RB for 15 touches per game

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
https://www.chicagotribune.com/spor...an-howard-nfl-draft-biggs-20190215-story.html

"The Bears didn’t sign Kareem Hunt, and it’s possible they didn’t even try. But finding a running back is expected to be a top priority in their offseason plan.

With the league’s No. 1 scoring defense set to return almost intact — only strong safety Adrian Amos and nickel cornerback Bryce Callahan are free agents — the Bears will focus on making an offense that made a major jump in 2018 more explosive in coach Matt Nagy’s second season."

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Biggs need another plate or two of food.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Clearly the answer is Benny Cunningham

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Biggs actually said something that made sense. Amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeyk

Liked Posts:
Williams will probably be available in the later rounds

Wait til he tests at the combine... 5'11" 215-220 and will run in the 4.4's I bet. Low mileage, good hands (though ND rarely throws to RB's) and may be grabbed earlier than you think. The Bears did meet with him at the Senior Bowl and it apparently wen well, so we shall see.

I'm a HUGE fan of his- seems like he has grown up since the stupid Pot arrest that got him suspended. Worse things have happened in life.

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
People who think we don't need an RB are idiots

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Correct. Howard has no more tread on the tires and lacks any semblance of explosiveness.

msadows

Liked Posts:

smartest thing you've ever posted.

Best quote:

“If you are taking a third-round or a fourth-round guy, it’s not going to be an elite player necessarily but someone who has a complete skill set. Jordan doesn’t have that. He can’t run routes. He can’t catch. So they don’t have to be elite; they have to be complete.”

msadows

Liked Posts:
Wait til he tests at the combine... 5'11" 215-220 and will run in the 4.4's I bet. Low mileage, good hands (though ND rarely throws to RB's) and may be grabbed earlier than you think. The Bears did meet with him at the Senior Bowl and it apparently wen well, so we shall see.

I'm a HUGE fan of his- seems like he has grown up since the stupid Pot arrest that got him suspended. Worse things have happened in life.

So this is the ND product that will be the massive homer push on this board for the draft this year? He's not even in my top 10 in a weak RB class.

We want to replace Jordan Howard with....Jordan Howard.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The only real answers if you want a day 1 dynamic playmaker for this offensive fit are either Darrell Henderson, or Rodney Anderson.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So this is the ND product that will be the massive homer push on this board for the draft this year? He's not even in my top 10 in a weak RB class.

We want to replace Jordan Howard with....Jordan Howard.

I'm not the biggest Williams fan but he's more explosive than Howard ever will be. Dexter had a 95yd TD run this year. Howard is lucky to get a 40 yarder

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'm not the biggest Williams fan but he's more explosive than Howard ever will be. Dexter had a 95yd TD run this year. Howard is lucky to get a 40 yarder

Easy to get a 95 yarder when no one touches you i guess. But yea, he's a TAD bit more explosive. Still a garbage zone blocking runningback with good vision and mediocre everything else.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Darrell Henderson no matter what

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Howard deserves year two in an offense. Cohen deserves his 15 touches, ten at RB.

The guy who should move along for a project is Cunningham and Mizzell if he isn’t that project.

You bring in Nall this year for short yardage, goal line.

And if you want to draft or acquire an explosive project to compete with Mizzell or be more an heir apparent to Howard, so be it.

Cunningham lost a step.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Howard deserves year two in an offense. Cohen deserves his 15 touches, ten at RB.
Are you saying ten snaps running the ball, or ten touches out of the backfield so as to include receptions?

Because I don't want Cohen getting ten carries a game. If he's taking 10, then Howard maxes out at 15 for an okay balance (and if Nagy hasn't learned, more like maxes out at 5).

I want to see a lot of two back sets that allow Cohen to move around the formation to keep opponents on their toes.