Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Looks like our guy on film. What round is he projected for?

Before we pick in 3. I don't see us moving up in this draft and think guys like Montgomery, Anderson or Hill are more likely targets.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Would rather not use a mid on a RB this year. There has to be someone out in free agency better than Cunningham right?

napo55

Liked Posts:
Would rather not use a mid on a RB this year. There has to be someone out in free agency better than Cunningham right?

It's actually a good year to draft a RB in the mid rounds because there are a lot of promising RBs who should be there in the 3rd and 4th rounds. As it stands, the Bears have no depth behind Howard as a work horse type back. If he's injured, the team is in trouble.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I watch a lot of Gators football and Jordan Scarlett could be a nice late round pick. He has size, wiggle and a top gear. Very little catch history to go by, and was suspended in 2017 with 8 others for using stolen identities at the book store. Was among 4 to do everything asked to get reinstated for 2018. Will likely drop due to the incident and lack of eye popping #'s because of sharing RB snaps in college due to Florida's embarrassment of riches at the position.
5-10 213 sub 4.4 40 at The Openning a pre-college event.

[video=youtube_share;YjiDkBbX8W8]https://youtu.be/YjiDkBbX8W8[/video]

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
[video=youtube_share;ybnA7MSl2iQ]https://youtu.be/ybnA7MSl2iQ[/video]

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
The only real answers if you want a day 1 dynamic playmaker for this offensive fit are either Darrell Henderson, or Rodney Anderson.
With his injury history in which round would Anderson go?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The only real answers if you want a day 1 dynamic playmaker for this offensive fit are either Darrell Henderson, or Rodney Anderson.

I love Henderson but Devin Singletary should be on that list too.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I love Henderson but Devin Singletary should be on that list too.

Too short for my liking, not explosive enough, really elusive tho which is good, plus I think he'll be gone by the time the bears pick. I like him a lot more than all the david montgomery love on here. I don't really get that one...

I think Anderson will for sure be there even in the 4th round, Henderson might be gone by our 3rd round pick but he might not be also.

So many mid level backs in this draft that are similar or do similar things, I very much doubt there is a heavy run on RB's in rounds 1-2.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Devine Ozigbo 6-0 220.

1,082 yds on155 carries with 12 tds.

23 receptions 203 yds.

yards after contact 634.

TD pct 7.7

Yards per attempt 7.0

2018 99% of attempts came out of shotgun.

from 2015-2017 underused in pro set offense.

Looks to be a quicker, faster version of Jorden Howard.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Too short for my liking, not explosive enough, really elusive tho which is good, plus I think he'll be gone by the time the bears pick. I like him a lot more than all the david montgomery love on here. I don't really get that one...

I think Anderson will for sure be there even in the 4th round, Henderson might be gone by our 3rd round pick but he might not be also.

So many mid level backs in this draft that are similar or do similar things, I very much doubt there is a heavy run on RB's in rounds 1-2.

Henderson and Singletary are both 5’ 9”, 200 pounds.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Today's Mailbag from Biggs:

Why did Jordan Howard lose a step? He’s not that old. Can he come back to being a top-notch back? I don’t understand what happened to him. — @tshooks26

That’s a good question. Weight has always been an issue for Howard, and it’s not like he was chiseled last season or in his first two seasons. I don’t believe Howard has ever been a top-notch back. He had a super productive rookie season, but Howard isn’t a dynamic running back and he always has had limitations. Now he has some mileage on him too. It’s possible he was rather overrated by many observers.

What is the most likely scenario for the Bears to improve the running back position? — @kevinodriscol18

The draft seems like the best route to me. Get a young player with some juice and see what he can do.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/spor...ld-salary-cap-space-biggs-20190219-story.html

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:

Why did Jordan Howard lose a step? He’s not that old. Can he come back to being a top-notch back? I don’t understand what happened to him. — @tshooks26

That’s a good question. Weight has always been an issue for Howard, and it’s not like he was chiseled last season or in his first two seasons. I don’t believe Howard has ever been a top-notch back. He had a super productive rookie season, but Howard isn’t a dynamic running back and he always has had limitations. Now he has some mileage on him too. It’s possible he was rather overrated by many observers.

What is the most likely scenario for the Bears to improve the running back position? — @kevinodriscol18

The draft seems like the best route to me. Get a young player with some juice and see what he can do.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/spor...ld-salary-cap-space-biggs-20190219-story.html

Good stuff. Biggs definitely #calledit with Howard. Guys who get 1300+ yards at a 5.2 clip running between the tackles are a dime a dozen.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:

This is dumb man. I don’t care what happens to howard but those first couple of season were phenomenal.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

sounds like maybe Howard does not give interviews to biggs.

Last year there was NO WAY he was gonna be one of the only backs in history with his first three seasons over 1000 yards. He missed it by 60 when he hardly carried the ball.

Mileage? he was parked alot last year. Should be decimating in the fourth quarter against a tired d but they continue to throw the ball.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
smartest thing you've ever posted.

Best quote:

“If you are taking a third-round or a fourth-round guy, it’s not going to be an elite player necessarily but someone who has a complete skill set. Jordan doesn’t have that. He can’t run routes. He can’t catch. So they don’t have to be elite; they have to be complete.”

I take it you quoted Biggs there.

Howard in 2018 had 26 targets with 20 catches for a 76.9 % catch rating.

I think Biggs might be too anti-Howard for a unbiased opinion based on his quotes. Nagy cannot NEED a Kareem Hunt for his offensive system to work properly. That would be stupid. Almost as stupid as Martz needing HOF O-linemen for his vertical playbook to function correctly.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I take it you quoted Biggs there.

Howard in 2018 had 26 targets with 20 catches for a 76.9 % catch rating.

I think Biggs might be too anti-Howard for a unbiased opinion based on his quotes. Nagy cannot NEED a Kareem Hunt for his offensive system to work properly. That would be stupid. Almost as stupid as Martz needing HOF O-linemen for his vertical playbook to function correctly.

I just assumed 76.9% was good, but I wanted to really understand it so I looked up nextgen stats on it.

Leage leaders in catch rate:

M. Thomas (NO) 85%
R. Switzer (PIT) 82%
Lockett (SEA) 81%
Hooper (ATL) 80.6%
Rudolph (MIN) 78%
B. Watson (NO) 76.1%

Every other receiver is below. Caveat is it takes 43 targets to be considered for the list. Howard was on trajectory for decent catch rate but would probably fall more towards the mean but still be above average or more considering he is a dumpoff option.

(Cohen had 78% percentage but I think next gen doesn't put RBs even if over 43 targets).