DeAndre Houston-Carson 2 year 3 million/1.5 guaranteed
Josh Bellamy 2 years 2.5 million/1 million guaranteed
Bryan Witzmann 1 year 1.5
Patrick Scales 2 years 2 million
Isaiah Irving 1 year 1.5 million
Rashard Coward 1 year 750k

Free Agency

Bears sign CB Pierre Desir to 2 years 8.5 million/4.5 guaranteed

At 6'2 Desir is a nuisance for receivers in man coverage. This could be the best signing of the year and compared to Bryce Callahan he will also be relatively cheap with a pretty big upside.

59f65aeef183e.image.jpg

Bears sign OLB Shane Ray to 1 year 3 million

Shane Ray will be out to prove his worth after injuries, lack of playing time, and other factors that have held him back.

usa_today_10575068.0.jpg

Bears sign CB Brian Poole to 1 year 2 million

26 year old slot CB has played well in the Falcons slot for a few years but has regressed as of last season a change of scenery may be just what he needs.

usatsi_11817062.jpg

Bears sign K Dan Bailey to 2 years 4 million/2 guaranteed

It would be smart to prevent the Vikings from bringing back Dan Bailey one of the best kickers in the NFL. Robbie Gould would be nice but there is a good chance that he may rejoin the 49ers after this season. He finished his 2018 season by making 21 of his 28 field-goal attempts.

arizona-cardinals-v-dallas-cowboys-5b905df5477d86288a000001.jpg

Draft

Round 3: RB Bryce Love 5'10 196lbs

Durability is the big concern with the speedy Stanford RB Bryce Love but give him a year sitting behind Bears RB's Jordan Howard and Tarik Cohen to get healthy could be just what the RB needs.

usa_today_11347559.0.jpg

Round 4: OT Max Scharping 6'6 315lbs

Harry Hiestand can turn coal into gold giving him some young talent for him to develop is a smart move that could have a big payoff.

DUewf6OXcAE12_H.jpg

Round 5: S/DB Lukas Denis 5'11 187lbs

His production really slowed down last year but he is still a ball hawk of a DB that can cause turnovers he is going to need to bulk up in the NFL.

DhC_aqoUYAIz_-b.jpg:large

Round 7: DT Daniel Wise 6'3 291lbs

Bullard needs to step up big in 2019 or he will lose his job and with RRH and the rest of Bears defensive line depth soon to be free agents it's time to start bringing in some young guys to learn the system.

493091276.jpg.0.jpg

Round 7: QB Easton Stick 6'2 220lbs

Easton Stick went to a small school but it would be wise for the Bears to start developing a young QB instead of spending big on a back up QB every other year.

IMG_0650_oDAyZfv.jpg

UDFA

Bears sign P Mitch Wishnowsky

Wishnowsky_MItch_ASU_10_21_17_71.jpg

Depth Chart

QB: Mitchell Trubisky, Easton Stick, Tyler Bray
RB: Jordan Howard, Tarik Cohen, Bryce Love, Ryan Hall
FB: Micheal Burton
TE: Trey Burton, Adam Shaheen, Daniel Brown
WR: Allen Robinson, Taylor Gabriel, Anthony Miller, Josh Bellamy, Javon Wims, Tanner Gentry
OT: Charles Leno, Max Scharping
OG: Kyle Long, Bryan Witzmann
C: Cody Whitehair
OG: James Daniels, Rashard Coward
OT: Bobby Massie, Rashard Coward

DE: Akiem Hicks, Daniel Wise
NT: Eddie Goldman, Nichols
DE: RRH, Bullard
OLB: Leonard Floyd, Irving
ILB; Danny Trevathan, Joel I.
ILB: Roquan Smith, Nick Kwitoski
OLB: Khalil Mack, Shane Ray, Fitts
CB: Kyle Fuller, Prince Amukumara, Brian Poole, Pierre Desir, Kevin Toliver, Lukas Denis
FS: Eddie Jackson, DHC
SS: Adrian Amos, Deon Bush

K: Dan Bailey
P: Mitch Wishnowsky

greg23

Liked Posts:
Dan Bailey?

Great idea; let's replace the dipshit who missed the 2nd most kicks in the leauge with the dipshit who missed the 4th most kicks.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Oh...and hell no to that backup qb depth chart

JordanHoward24

Liked Posts:
This would be a bad offseason.

1. Not releasing McManis who not only provides great special teams play, but also showed he provides depth at corner

2. Pierre Desir is an outside corner, so not only are you releasing McManis and letting Callahan walk. You are also relying completely on a 5th round rookie to hold his own immediately in a very important role.

3. Bryce Love is fools gold, people think he’s a great player because he was a heisman candidate. He’s not as good as people think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Desir in the slot with no backup, I'm sure that would go well.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This would be a bad offseason.

1. Not releasing McManis who not only provides great special teams play, but also showed he provides depth at corner

2. Pierre Desir is an outside corner, so not only are you releasing McManis and letting Callahan walk. You are also relying completely on a 5th round rookie to hold his own immediately in a very important role.

3. Bryce Love is fools gold, people think he’s a great player because he was a heisman candidate. He’s not as good as people think.

Pierre Desir is a great up and coming corner that can play outside corner and slot which he did play most of last year and had the best year of his career so far but I think in mid December they moved him to starting outside corner. I'd like to see Lukas Denis start in the slot since he's the perfect fit for it but as a rookie he may get overlooked and forced to red shirt.

McManis will be 32 years old next season and we need to start replacing him with younger depth, Kevin Toliver played special teams last year and did pretty darn good.

Bryce Love was recovering from a bad injury in 2018, 2017 version of him is a monster. I know user named "Jordan Howard" isn't going to like any name I throw out there to be his cheaper replacement but if we can find a cheaper replacement that can catch like Forte and pair him with Tarik Cohen Bears would be better off.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Desir in the slot with no backup, I'm sure that would go well.

Brian Poole, Pierre Desir, and Lukas Denis can all play slot. I'd like to bring back Bryce Callahan but it will probably end up being him or Adrian Amos.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Dan Bailey?

Great idea; let's replace the dipshit who missed the 2nd most kicks in the leauge with the dipshit who missed the 4th most kicks.

He is also the former second-most accurate kicker in NFL history, the groin injury he suffered against the 49ers in October really screwed up his season.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Oh...and hell no to that backup qb depth chart

Agree but was Chase Daniel worth $5 million per year? No! If that's the case what do you think a decent back up QB will cost but I'm actually in favor of bringing back David Fales. Paying 6 million or so for a guy like Brock Osweiler, Ryan Griffen, or Teddy Bridgewater seems like a waste of money when we can develop a QB and maybe some trade bait if he does well.

* Bears sign David Fales to 2 years 2 million/1.5 guaranteed

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Desir is going to make 7-9 million over 3-4 years. He was a stud for the Colts.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No to an undersized RB with a torn ACL in round 3.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Brian Poole, Pierre Desir, and Lukas Denis can all play slot. I'd like to bring back Bryce Callahan but it will probably end up being him or Adrian Amos.

Desir will cost more than Callahan. Poole will cost more that McMannis. Denis, meh.

Bryce Love, no thanks in the third.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Other than Shane ray, I'm not sure anything about this offseason projection is good or anywhere near correct as far as salary projections go....but nice try......more like miss the playoffs offseason mock.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
If we sign Poole im going to jump off a fucking building i don't even understand how he still plays in the NFL he single handly lost the falcon the superbowl.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Coal becomes diamonds not gold.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
This thread gave me cancer.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Nice. I remember a lot of people wanted the Bears to draft Pierre Desir. I'd like Bryce Love, too.

JordanHoward24

Liked Posts:
Pierre Desir is a great up and coming corner that can play outside corner and slot which he did play most of last year and had the best year of his career so far but I think in mid December they moved him to starting outside corner. I'd like to see Lukas Denis start in the slot since he's the perfect fit for it but as a rookie he may get overlooked and forced to red shirt.

McManis will be 32 years old next season and we need to start replacing him with younger depth, Kevin Toliver played special teams last year and did pretty darn good.

Bryce Love was recovering from a bad injury in 2018, 2017 version of him is a monster. I know user named "Jordan Howard" isn't going to like any name I throw out there to be his cheaper replacement but if we can find a cheaper replacement that can catch like Forte and pair him with Tarik Cohen Bears would be better off.

I don’t mind drafting a running back at all, just not Love. Bruce Anderson and Dexter Williams are far better options that will probably be drafted after Love.

Also if we are looking to sign a FA corner, it should be Brian Poole we target. Perfect fit, he’s a blitz threat and also a damn good cover man.

JordanHoward24

Liked Posts:
If we sign Poole im going to jump off a fucking building i don't even understand how he still plays in the NFL he single handly lost the falcon the superbowl.

Kyle Shanahan.....