2/19/19 - start of Franchise Tag season!

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Today is the official start of NFL teams being able to apply the franchise tag. This is one of the most disappointing times of the off-season, as the talking heads such as Mike Florio will speculate about 30 guys who will be given the franchise tag, and in the the end the number is more like 5. This year there are a few edge rushers who might be tagged, and then you have the ongoing saga of Leveon Bell and the somewhat absurd situation in Philadelphia with Nick Foles.

The Bears are so starved for news that on the radio this morning there was 'debate' about the Bears possibly tagging Adrian Amos and/or Bryce Callahan, proving once again that sports media people are ignorant about the NFL salary cap. Amos at $13M in 2019...GTFO. I'd rather hear more about the Cubs' PECOTA projection.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Today is the official start of NFL teams being able to apply the franchise tag. This is one of the most disappointing times of the off-season, as the talking heads such as Mike Florio will speculate about 30 guys who will be given the franchise tag, and in the the end the number is more like 5. This year there are a few edge rushers who might be tagged, and then you have the ongoing saga of Leveon Bell and the somewhat absurd situation in Philadelphia with Nick Foles.

The Bears are so starved for news that on the radio this morning there was 'debate' about the Bears possibly tagging Adrian Amos and/or Bryce Callahan, proving once again that sports media people are ignorant about the NFL salary cap. Amos at $13M in 2019...GTFO. I'd rather hear more about the Cubs' PECOTA projection.

How much leverage does Foles have here?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

The heavy lifting for the Bears was done over the past couple years. This year it is fine tuning, retaining guys and improving the kicking game. Free agency will not be exciting, the draft will not be exciting.

The Bears biggest improvement will come from the current players and coaching staff. If they do improve it will only show itself during live games next season.....

It will be a long painful offseason with ridiculous speculations.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Is it the Bears that need the attention, or that nobody really cares right now about the Bulls, Hawks, or Spring Training?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The heavy lifting for the Bears was done over the past couple years. This year it is fine tuning, retaining guys and improving the kicking game. Free agency will not be exciting, the draft will not be exciting.

The Bears biggest improvement will come from the current players and coaching staff. If they do improve it will only show itself during live games next season.....

[video=youtube;afam2nIae4o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afam2nIae4o[/video]

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:

I plan on judging Trubisky's career after the first possession of the first preseason game.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

We'll see... Pace is an aggressive GM. Plus, there is the possibility of labor strife in 2021. I think Pace will maximize their chance to win in '19 and '20. No one knows what the new CBA will bring in terms of salary cap modifications. If Landon Collins hits the open market, I think Pace will be a player for him.

I'm not sure why the draft will be boring either. Pace has hit on Amos, Howard, Cohen, Jackson and Nichols all after round 3. RRH and Callahan were UDFAs. At least, I'll be interested.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

Anything is better than more Machado/Harper speculation.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is it the Bears that need the attention, or that nobody really cares right now about the Bulls, Hawks, or Spring Training?

Hawks are on a roll right now, only one point out of the playoffs after being dead last in the NHL.

Kane is having a historic season as well and is on pace for 124 points which would be second all time to Denis Savard.

Still no one cares about the Hawks lol.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Hawks are on a roll right now, only one point out of the playoffs after being dead last in the NHL.

Kane is having a historic season as well and is on pace for 124 points which would be second all time to Denis Savard.

Still no one cares about the Hawks lol.

That was an entertaining game last night unless you like defensive hockey.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
We'll see... Pace is an aggressive GM. Plus, there is the possibility of labor strife in 2021. I think Pace will maximize their chance to win in '19 and '20. No one knows what the new CBA will bring in terms of salary cap modifications. If Landon Collins hits the open market, I think Pace will be a player for him.

I'm not sure why the draft will be boring either. Pace has hit on Amos, Howard, Cohen, Jackson and Nichols all after round 3. RRH and Callahan were UDFAs. At least, I'll be interested.

You can't be aggressive when you don't have the capital to do so....maybe they trade for a big name and move a big name, but the Bears would have to get better for it....

No the draft will not be exciting.....yes Pace has done well later in the draft, but people aren't high fiving each other in the streets over a 3rd rounder. You don't see that excitement until they produce...so no...not exciting.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You can't be aggressive when you don't have the capital to do so....maybe they trade for a big name and move a big name, but the Bears would have to get better for it....

No the draft will not be exciting.....yes Pace has done well later in the draft, but people aren't high fiving each other in the streets over a 3rd rounder. You don't see that excitement until they produce...so no...not exciting.

Yup. Just hoping the Raiders suck again in 2019. We won't have 1st round pick but a very high second with another Raider fail. We would still be missing a 1st but with our low second we traded for Miller becoming a very high 2nd.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

There's no way Pace sits on his hands. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's no way Pace sits on his hands. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Making tactical adjustments that makes your team better is not sitting on your hands...