Amos Has Been "Talking Back & Forth" With BEARS

msadows

Liked Posts:
Transition Tag him and see if teams actually value him more than the Bears do.

Obviously the two sides are really far off in negotiations, which is why I don't think he ends up coming back here. He doesn't deserve 10m a year, if a team offers him that, let him walk.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Obviously the two sides are really far off in negotiations, which is why I don't think he ends up coming back here. He doesn't deserve 10m a year, if a team offers him that, let him walk.

You really can’t transition tag him. That would guarantee him like 10-11 million.

He might only get 15 million guaranteed on his contract.

He would be smart to sign it, play the 1 years, make 11 million, and then sign for 15 million.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:

But that assumes the Bears value Amos at the Transition Tag rate of a guaranteed 1-year deal of $10M+. If the Bears think Amos is worth that much, then in some ways it would make more sense to give him a multiyear deal because he has proven to be durable thus far.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
But that assumes the Bears value Amos at the Transition Tag rate of a guaranteed 1-year deal of $10M+. If the Bears think Amos is worth that much, then in some ways it would make more sense to give him a multiyear deal because he has proven to be durable thus far.

This. If they are going to transition tag someone it should be someone like Calahan or a Zach Miller.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Keeping Amos would be a totally understandable move.

But he would have to want to stay. I do not mean that in the meatball way that was bumping around Twitter, but he must take a guarantee and structure that works with the Bears cap situation.

If wants to maximize his money and he wants a super player friendly structure then he is probably going to leave.

well, this is a league with one wrong bad hit or wrong move and the career is over. He should sign for big and then defer, that makes a team player too.

We dont know what style of defense this team will play now. Maybe our new DC wont want to be in the nickel all fucking game and drop your destructive pass rushers into coverage. That makes a safety more important than the nickel back in my book. I would rather see prince go inside where he has help and upgrade outside and that makes callahan and the 12 games he might play expendable. Amos is available.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
well, this is a league with one wrong bad hit or wrong move and the career is over. He should sign for big and then defer, that makes a team player too.

We dont know what style of defense this team will play now. Maybe our new DC wont want to be in the nickel all fucking game and drop your destructive pass rushers into coverage. That makes a safety more important than the nickel back in my book. I would rather see prince go inside where he has help and upgrade outside and that makes callahan and the 12 games he might play expendable. Amos is available.
Ya, we don't know what the new defense is going to be... but off the top of my head, I don't like Prince inside/NB... he's got good length, but I don't know he's quick enough. He seems like an outside CB only. McManis is comfortable being shifty and quick in traffic in the middle, but I don't have a lot of faith in him as NB either. And there's still Toliver and Joseph to work with, but I see them more outside as well, but if we lose Callahan, we might as well see what they can do.