Amos Has Been "Talking Back & Forth" With BEARS

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
Link

Adrian Amos has been “talking back and forth” with Bears
Posted by Josh Alper on February 20, 2019, 8:57 AM EST

Safety Adrian Amos came in at No. 14 on our list of the top 100 free agents in the NFL this offseason, but he may not make it all the way to free agency.

Amos said on SiriusXM NFL Radio that the Bears have “been talking back and forth” with his representatives and indicated that they want Amos to remain in Chicago. The 2015 fifth-round pick has started 56 games over the last four years and is coming off a strong 2018 season that featured 73 tackles, two interceptions and a sack.

“I would like to be back, but the business part of it, it’s complicated sometimes,” Amos said. “Things still could happen, but I have to be prepared for all scenarios. I’m not writing anything off and that was the team I was drafted to as well. There could be a chance that I’m back and there could be a chance I’m anywhere. That’s the crazy thing about this situation where my contract’s up so anything could really happen. I’m just sitting back and really waiting to see what happens.”

If Amos does hit the open market, there will be speculation about rejoining former Bears defensive coordinator and current Broncos head coach Vic Fangio in Denver. Amos said “obviously that would be a fit” before reiterating that his focus is now on finding a way to stay put.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Keeping Amos would be a totally understandable move.

But he would have to want to stay. I do not mean that in the meatball way that was bumping around Twitter, but he must take a guarantee and structure that works with the Bears cap situation.

If wants to maximize his money and he wants a super player friendly structure then he is probably going to leave.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Keeping Amos would be a totally understandable move.

But he would have to want to stay. I do not mean that in the meatball way that was bumping around Twitter, but he must take a guarantee and structure that works with the Bears cap situation.

If wants to maximize his money and he wants a super player friendly structure then he is probably going to leave.

Yeah, I would prefer for the Bears to keep Amos as opposed to bringing in someone new or promoting someone like Bush to the starting spot. It will be interesting to see what Amos commands on the open market...I really have no idea how highly he is thought of around the league.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Link

Adrian Amos has been “talking back and forth” with Bears
Posted by Josh Alper on February 20, 2019, 8:57 AM EST

Safety Adrian Amos came in at No. 14 on our list of the top 100 free agents in the NFL this offseason, but he may not make it all the way to free agency.

Amos said on SiriusXM NFL Radio that the Bears have “been talking back and forth” with his representatives and indicated that they want Amos to remain in Chicago. The 2015 fifth-round pick has started 56 games over the last four years and is coming off a strong 2018 season that featured 73 tackles, two interceptions and a sack.

“I would like to be back, but the business part of it, it’s complicated sometimes,” Amos said. “Things still could happen, but I have to be prepared for all scenarios. I’m not writing anything off and that was the team I was drafted to as well. There could be a chance that I’m back and there could be a chance I’m anywhere. That’s the crazy thing about this situation where my contract’s up so anything could really happen. I’m just sitting back and really waiting to see what happens.”

If Amos does hit the open market, there will be speculation about rejoining former Bears defensive coordinator and current Broncos head coach Vic Fangio in Denver. Amos said “obviously that would be a fit” before reiterating that his focus is now on finding a way to stay put.

In other words:

589212-1534889670274-843c1ffb6fff2.jpg

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really have no idea how highly he is thought of around the league.

Seeing him listed on the OP's article at 14 out of 100 floored me a little. I think the Bears will easily be out bid for him...so as Windy said, we will see if he really wants to stay or get paid. Cannot blame him either way.

The big $$$ at safety should be stockpiled for Eddie Jackson at this rate. He is quickly becoming indispensable. I actually like Bush with a full offseason if the Bears cannot upgrade.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If we lose Amos we will be downgrading at safety, there really is no way around it.

The Bears will be starting Bush or a lesser free agent in that spot.

Now I think they can survive a downgrade at SS as long as Jackson stays healthy as he is the star back there.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, I would prefer for the Bears to keep Amos as opposed to bringing in someone new or promoting someone like Bush to the starting spot. It will be interesting to see what Amos commands on the open market...I really have no idea how highly he is thought of around the league.

Nor I but he's a slightly above average $5-6M player likely looking for $7-9. If he wants back, I see the Bear wanting that continuity and meeting him 1/2 way. I'm OK with Amos back between those 2 #s but if I'm spending more, I just wait for FA and maybe improve the position by striking early elsewhere or get more serious about Callahan.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If we lose Amos we will be downgrading at safety, there really is no way around it.

The Bears will be starting Bush or a lesser free agent in that spot.

Now I think they can survive a downgrade at SS as long as Jackson stays healthy as he is the star back there.

A GM can't play that game and builds his roster around assumed health. A player that you think will break down in a major way needs to be moved away from. Otherwise, next man up. Hopefully you've got depth and I suspect we get some in the draft if we don't sign a safety.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ya, I thought you'd catch that. Sort of at the injury cusp. Misses a few games but not really broken.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

CNiel36

Liked Posts:
Amos' price tag rising.

https://www.bleachernation.com/bears/2019/02/18/adrian-amos-price-tag-appears-is-rising/

Jason_OTC

@Jason_OTC
I have Mosley around $11.5M. Amos I think between $9 and $10M, James probably $8Mish

Bob Morris
@BobMorrisSports
Replying to @Jason_OTC
Jason, what do you expect CJ Mosley, Ju'Wuan James and Adrian Amos to get in free agency?

Wow! Hard pass on that one. I am good with a 4 yr/$27 Million deal. Large singing bonus to help with the cap hit. No more please.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Amos is not getting that much

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Amos is not getting that much

certainly not from us.....unless they want to cut a few more players or work out some weird backended deal.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Wow! Hard pass on that one. I am good with a 4 yr/$27 Million deal. Large singing bonus to help with the cap hit. No more please.

He is going to get more than that. He will be 26 all of next year, so he still has his whole prime most likely on his next contract and that will be a huge factor.

Something that I could see Amos doing is signing a 3 year contract and going back into Free Agency at age 28/29

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
With the Defense playing the way it is and the talent on this D you seriously have to look at players over valuing themselves. Be careful where you spend that money. Look at what Mack did for this defense he made everybody better, however I don't see that kind of impact with the secondary guys. They are good but how much of that is because of the front 7.

CNiel36

Liked Posts:
He is going to get more than that. He will be 26 all of next year, so he still has his whole prime most likely on his next contract and that will be a huge factor.

Something that I could see Amos doing is signing a 3 year contract and going back into Free Agency at age 28/29

Well if that is the case I wish him all the luck in the world. He isn't worth more then $6-$7 a year.