Free Agency news tracker

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Warm weather team is smart. Get some sun. Run around. Stay loose and reduce injury. Play in the West. Learn from your body double for a year what you do well.

Topic for Today: Teams in the West have fewer injuries.

Discuss

I'm all verklempt.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
“hyperextended knee turned out to reveal a "non-functioning" ligament, causing Houston to undergo serious knee surgery in February 2016.”

Don’t trust his health, has Lynch signed anywhere?

Would you feel better about his health if he had played since that surgery? Because, ummmm....he did. And played well.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Not true. Depends entirely on the terms of Houston's deal and at this point Floyd isn't commanding a monster contract at all. Not by a long shot.

Floyd is the d-line's swiss army knife. He holds the edge, rushes the passer and drops into coverage. The problem is that we have only ever known how Fangio deployed him in his defense. I have a feeling that Pagano isn't going to do the same.

Yeah Fangio had Floyd backing up in coverage quite a bit especially in the 1st half of the season so wondering how Pagano will use him.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I didn't know if any team would want to take on the Kevin White reclamation project but I should have known high draft picks get second looks.

I think he's definitely worth it for a team to take a chance on him and with good health and a HC/OC that actually does try using him maybe he can do something. It's too bad we didn't use him more last year but i get why they didn't since things were going well without having to use him too much.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Aaron Leming

@AaronLemingNFL
Looking at #Bears needs after the first wave of FA, this is what I'd say:

(Tier 1): OLB3, RB1/2, K
(Tier 2): P, DB depth, Blocking TE
(Tier 3): LS, OL depth, WR depth

Not a ton of pressing needs but obviously, still some work to be done.

11:04 PM - Mar 16, 2019

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Aaron Leming

@AaronLemingNFL
Speaking of remaining free agents, Justin Houston makes a ton of sense for the #Bears. Obviously price means something but they still have enough space to make something happen.

10:48 PM - Mar 16, 2019

Aaron Leming

@AaronLemingNFL
Looking at the #Bears current FA haul & who they've lost.

Right now, they'd be in line for a 4th round comp pick in 2020 (due to Amos). Everything else cancels each other out so far.

Still have Lynch & Witzmann that can help.

Cut off for 7th last year (AAV): $2.5M & a 6th: $4M

10:36 PM - Mar 16, 2019

Aaron Leming

@AaronLemingNFL
One thing I've noticed on both cap sites- TE Zach Miller currently on contract at $645K. Trying to get some sort of clarification on why that is... #Bears

8:26 PM - Mar 16, 2019

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Houston would mean we can't resign Floyd, so it's not happening.

Any Houston deal probably allows a team to cut or trade him after 2 years with minimal cap hit. So can make a decision on Floyd and Houston after Floyd 5th year option up.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Prudent thing to do would not be to chase after Houston because he does not play in a position of great need. One thing Pace has always managed to do is to bring in talent after the draft, when players just seem to drop in his lap. Sitton for example. Save some cash for the post draft cuts.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Prudent thing to do would not be to chase after Houston because he does not play in a position of great need. One thing Pace has always managed to do is to bring in talent after the draft, when players just seem to drop in his lap. Sitton for example. Save some cash for the post draft cuts.

He does? Sitton is your only example? Serious question cause i'm trying to think of all the players that dropped in his lap after the draft.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think he's definitely worth it for a team to take a chance on him and with good health and a HC/OC that actually does try using him maybe he can do something. It's too bad we didn't use him more last year but i get why they didn't since things were going well without having to use him too much.

Ummmmmmmm, maybe things were going well BECAUSE they didnt use him more.

Also saying that he is definitely worth it would mean your GOD Ryan Pace blew it by not resigning him

Make up your mind!

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
K.Mack fell into his lap? Ummmmm Okay.....No. So back to the Lions fan, who else?

It depends on your definition of "fell into his lap". Sitton was a surprise cut who was made available unexpectedly. It was a surprise that Mack was also made available in a trade. Both were perfect fits and a huge need position for the Bears. Only difference is one was a FA, one was a trade.

TrapperKarl

Liked Posts:
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Miami has its new starting quarterback. Dolphins reached agreement on a two-year deal with former Buccaneers’ QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, per source. Fitzpatrick now will join his third AFC East team, having already started for the New York Jets and Buffalo Bills.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Miami has its new starting quarterback. Dolphins reached agreement on a two-year deal with former Buccaneers’ QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, per source. Fitzpatrick now will join his third AFC East team, having already started for the New York Jets and Buffalo Bills.

Lol!

Prison_Mike

Liked Posts:
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
This is the news I've been waiting for. On St Patrick's Day, no less.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It depends on your definition of "fell into his lap". Sitton was a surprise cut who was made available unexpectedly. It was a surprise that Mack was also made available in a trade. Both were perfect fits and a huge need position for the Bears. Only difference is one was a FA, one was a trade.

Oh my goodness. Why don't you ask the guy you keep answering my questions for since he's the one that said one thing Pace has always seemed to do is find guys after the draft that fall into his lap? If it's something he's always seemed to do then i'd expect a good list of guys that actually fell into his lap which Mack is not one of so i guess Sitton is it so far.