Free Agency news tracker

TL1961

Liked Posts:
honestly as good as last off-season was this a has been a massive FLOP for Pace..overpaid for 3rd string RB and 5th string WR...Only move that was ok was HaHa Clinton-Dix..Buster Skrine is an absolute dogshit move and massive downgrade from Callahan

I saw only one site that graded the offseason moves so far. Bears were 7th of 32 teams.

Added a versatile backup RB for little money. Added a top kick returner after being worst in NFL at that last year, and he has value in the offense as well. Backfilled the two positions they knew they were losing players - with 2018 starters, cheaply.

Added a speedy WR and backup G for nothing.

It was never going to be a star studded off season, so unless you were among those who thought Leveon Bell was coming, you're not disappointed.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
J.Houston did very well.

He got good money
Gets a starting job
Going to a super bowl contender

blinddeafmute

Liked Posts:
honestly as good as last off-season was this a has been a massive FLOP for Pace..overpaid for 3rd string RB and 5th string WR...Only move that was ok was HaHa Clinton-Dix..Buster Skrine is an absolute dogshit move and massive downgrade from Callahan

You're right. All good teams go after the big players in FA! There hasn't been a superbowl team in the last 30 years that hasn't #pwned it in FA.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I wonder if the Bears still have a relatively minor move left in free agency.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
Cool, now let's get some extensions worked out, get a kicker, find a good backup OLB. Houston would have been great, but he would have been a luxury. The core of this team can stay together for 5-8 years as long as Pace doesn't do anything stupid.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Well we just need Mitch to make significant progress to become a perennial contender. If he plays like he did last year, we will take a big step back standings wise. Go Mitch, Go Bears.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well we just need Mitch to make significant progress to become a perennial contender. If he plays like he did last year, we will take a big step back standings wise. Go Mitch, Go Bears.

Meh, if Mitch has another season like he did last year, this D will still be good enough to get the Bears 9-10 wins.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Meh, if Mitch has another season like he did last year, this D will still be good enough to get the Bears 9-10 wins.

I think 9 wins is a big step back standings wise. We may not make the playoffs with that total.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

Nothing wrong with the way Mitch played last year in a first year offense (not to mention his play in the 4th quarter of the Eagles game). The Bears have added some more weapons for him on offense (Davis, Patterson, Hall) + Wims who should be better in his 2nd year + Robinson who will be 2 years removed from ACL injury. There is still the draft where Pace has found impact players in the middle rounds.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nothing wrong with the way Mitch played last year in a first year offense (not to mention his play in the 4th quarter of the Eagles game). The Bears have added some more weapons for him on offense (Davis, Patterson, Hall) + Wims who should be better in his 2nd year + Robinson who will be 2 years removed from ACL injury. There is still the draft where Pace has found impact players in the middle rounds.

It is all going to come down to injuries for the Bears, can they manage to be relatively injury free next year like last year?
What are the three key players for the Bears?
For me I would say Mack, Robinson, and Smith.
Mitch has to take a step forward and the rest of the conference will now have plenty of tape to watch on Nagy's offense.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It is all going to come down to injuries for the Bears, can they manage to be relatively injury free next year like last year?
Mitch has to take a step forward and the rest of the conference will now have plenty of tape to watch on Nagy's offense.

Meh. I expect inprovement from the Packers. The vikings still have Cousins and the Lions still have Stafford. They are some of the best anchors of all time

One Team

Liked Posts:

All true...Bears will need to show wrinkles in their offense that resemble last year's looks...this will be the test of the Bears new path with Nagy.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Have you seen the teams our division plays ??

A year ago, we were considered one of the strongest divisions. I don't expect much from the lions but the Packers and Vikes could easily come back to form.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Patriots are lucky. They've already made the playoffs and the season hasn't even started...
Dolphins - Full on Tank mode
Jets - Bottom of Rebuild Mode
Bills - Bottom of Rebuild Mode

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Have you seen the teams our division plays ??

I sure have. The Packers will have a healthy Rodgers, improved defense, and possibly a competent coach. They can win 9 or 10 games if things go well. The Vikings have a ton of talent on defense and better weapons on offense than we do. If Kirk plays a little better they can win 9 or 10 games. Just because we were good last year and these teams weren't doesn't mean it will be the case this year. This is the NFL after all, and look at our turn around last year, no one saw 12 wins coming.