Bears release Dion Sims

Mitchapalooza

thank fucking god.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting timing. I wonder if the Bears are gearing up to make a move.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Not to derail the thread - because Kevin White doesn't deserve anymore threads here - but sorry ass Sims got me thinking if White will end up somewhere soon.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Not sure.

If Pace really wants to be like the Rams he may go after AB or Bell.

Well only reason I say that is because we technically have ~6m in cap room since its still the current league year?

So if we cut sims, it would bring us up to right around what his Franchise/Transition numbers would be?

I know teams are allowed to franchise now, just not sure if it affects current years cap or next years since its not technically the next league year.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
We aren’t going after anyone costing anything over 10 mil per season those days are over for awhile. He’s released cause he stinks and we need to either sign Amos or Callahan plus many depth moves

msadows

Liked Posts:
Someone said before the Patriots. Sounds pretty logical to me, if anyone can revive his career it's BB. Not that he will.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We aren’t going after anyone costing anything over 10 mil per season those days are over for awhile. He’s released cause he stinks and we need to either sign Amos or Callahan plus many depth moves

Thats what everyone said about the Rams last offseason and then they brought in multiple big money guys and made it work financially. Then they went to the Superbowl.

Not saying its happening or its the right wa but it is damn sure possible.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Thats what everyone said about the Rams last offseason and then they brought in multiple big money guys and made it work financially. Then they went to the Superbowl.

Not saying its happening or its the right way. But it is damn sure possible.

Rams also went into the year with the 9th most salary cap room. Like 35m.

We are going into 2019 with the 25th most salary cap room. Like ~12m.

Much different situation. Only way that happens is if we had no re signed massie, cut kyle long, and cut simms+acho. And we'd still only be at like 28m

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Much different situation. Only way that happens is if we had no re signed massie, cut kyle long, and cut simms+acho. And we'd still only be at like 28m

What about converting some of Mack salary to bonus and renegotiating Long? Serious question I don’t know.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
shocking turn of events.......

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

The Bears are supposed to get back another 2.5 million back from Mike Glennon so that raises the cap space to 14.5 million.

"Aaron Leming@AaronLemingNFL
1m1 minute ago
One thing I haven't seen either cap site notate yet is the $2.5M cap credit the #Bears will receive from Mike Glennon's offset language last year when he signed with Arizona.

So if you're going off of OTC's $7.3M figure at $190M, add $8.5M w/ the credit & Sims cut."

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Booo. Sims was ready to breakout this season

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
well, I for one did not know that Dion Simms was released!

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sims was one of the worst cap screw ups of Ryan Pace.

He sucked in year 1, yet they paid him a 6 million option to stick around last year and be even worse. That 6 million could have gone to the Mack extension or Goldman, or just rolled forward into this season giving the Bears 6 million more.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Sims was one of the worst cap screw ups of Ryan Pace.

He sucked in year 1, yet they paid him a 6 million option to stick around last year and be even worse. That 6 million could have gone to the Mack extension or Goldman, or just rolled forward into this season giving the Bears 6 million more.

I dont blame him too much. My feeling is Nagy also liked Sims, which is why he kept trying to utilize him so much early on in the season. Maybe that's part of the reason he wasn't cut.